• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i quit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

Is it a Favre post, then?

Only if there's a pic of a ***** involved ...

Well Jenn Sterger did post here at on time right?

Someone who said they were Sterger posted here .... that could have been Bruce, also.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

times are tough but is it really all that surprising at this point what is going on?

how many YEARS have we had a problem winning in October?

how many times do we start a season beating some name team?

how many times do we climb into the rankings only to be shunned after our October swoon?

see the pattern?

the good news (if you want to call it that) is that the typical pattern includes the team suddenly starting to play well again, winning enough games to get into some sort of bowl game.

So other than a possible beat down on HC by Cinci, odds are good the rest of the year will be just super.

disappointing as we failed to meet the high expectations a handful of internet clowns determined we were suddenly supposed to meet -- when pretty much everyone before the season started (other than ET -the eternal optimist) felt we would most likely win about 8 games this year, maybe contend for the BE title (but not win it). When will our fans learn that the first big win of the season is not the time to get all giddy and start threads about how high our rankings should be or how we can win it all or "oh noes-- someone will steal this coach or that coach"?

It's been like this for 5 years people. FIVE YEARS. How is any of this surprising anymore?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Did we quit when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

No but when the "Germans" bombed Pearl Harbor,  with their Japanese planes, we didn't have a General named BJ either.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

No but when the "Germans" bombed Pearl Harbor,  with their Japanese planes, we didn't have a General named BJ either.

wow-- I thought everyone had seen Animal House by now

• Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

times are tough but is it really all that surprising at this point what is going on?

how many times do we climb into the rankings only to be shunned after our October swoon?

see the pattern?

the good news (if you want to call it that) is that the typical pattern includes the team suddenly starting to play well again, winning enough games to get into some sort of bowl game.

So other than a possible beat down on HC by Cinci, odds are good the rest of the year will be just super.

disappointing as we failed to meet the high expectations a handful of internet clowns determined we were suddenly supposed to meet -- when pretty much everyone before the season started (other than ET -the eternal optimist) felt we would most likely win about 8 games this year, maybe contend for the BE title (but not win it). When will our fans learn that the first big win of the season is not the time to get all giddy and start threads about how high our rankings should be or how we can win it all or "oh noes-- someone will steal this coach or that coach"?

It's been like this for 5 years people. FIVE YEARS. How is any of this surprising anymore?

I can understand the I quit post. We have a new coaching staff on their second year that was supposed to prevent this. We will get killed against the rest of the BE teams. I'm not planning my weekends around USF games anymore. Next week, if the weather is nice, I may just go grouper f i s h i n g instead of going to the game.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Im a very sad panda. As long as we win 9 or more game then Ill be happy. As long as our record improves. It's still possible. Unlikely, but possible.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

;D

Don't stop him he is on a roll, hahahah..... ;D

Hell naw.....so when the going gets tough...................................  .................................. ................... the tough get going, who's with me.... AHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

• Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

;D

Don't stop him he is on a roll, hahahah..... ;D

Hell naw.....so when the going gets tough...................................   .................................. ................... the tough get going, who's with me.... AHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

Perfect ..... except in this case, the OP runs screaming out the door and doesn't come back.

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

see the pattern?

I can understand the “I quit†post.  We have a new coaching staff on their second year that was supposed to prevent this.  We will get killed against the rest of the BE teams.  I'm not planning my weekends around USF games anymore.  Next week, if the weather is nice, I may just go grouper f i s h i n g instead of going to the game. 

I need your tickets.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I can understand the I quit post. 

I really can't.  Coaches coach, players play and fans be fans.

Fans aren't supposed to quit when a team loses a game, or two games.  Fans support their team win or lose.  Bandwagon jumpers pretend to be fans when the team is winning then stop being fans when the team loses.

I was a Bucs fan through 0-26.  I have never been higher than I was when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.  Ten years from now when we win the National Championship, I don't want be walking around pretending I was supporting the team during the building years.  When we are National Champions, I want everyone to know I was here the whole time.  Believe me, I have been looked down upon a lot the last 15 years. 

But I have been able to look at the same Miami fan, FSU fan and Notre Dame fan in the eye with satisfaction as we've proved that we can compete at the highest levels. 

The highs are much higher when you've gone through the lows.  That is why I will stick around whether we win or lose.  I hope everyone else does as well, that is how championship teams are made.

Archived