• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i quit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Is it a Favre post, then?

Only if there's a pic of a ***** involved ...

Well Jenn Sterger did post here at on time right?

Someone who said they were Sterger posted here .... that could have been Bruce, also.

trip, Stop PMing me, I will not send you those pics ...your obsession with me is alarming. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

If I could actually go to the games, it would be different. All I meant yesterday is that I spend too much of my time reading and buying into all of this hype (which is my fault). Along comes Saturday and I'm stuck in my apartment watching the game on crappy computer, because I don't live in Tampa anymore. Yesterday, was the first time i've ever felt inclined to turn off the game, because I realized it was seriously wasting my time. It wasn't just the poor performance on the field. It's the 2 weeks of realignment BS leading up to this. Going to school at USF in 2005 introduced me to college football. My parents don't even know what football is. After 6 years of being a fan, I now see it for what it is. I was drunk as hell yesterday, so let me rephrase. I quit college football, not USF.

side note: not that anyone on this board cares, but Texas and A&M won't be playing each other after this year. Way to go college football!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

I can understand the “I quit” post. 

I really can't.  Coaches coach, players play and fans be fans.

Fans aren't supposed to quit when a team loses a game, or two games.  Fans support their team win or lose.  Bandwagon jumpers pretend to be fans when the team is winning then stop being fans when the team loses.

I was a Bucs fan through 0-26.  I have never been higher than I was when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.  Ten years from now when we win the National Championship, I don't want be walking around pretending I was supporting the team during the building years.  When we are National Champions, I want everyone to know I was here the whole time.  Believe me, I have been looked down upon a lot the last 15 years. 

But I have been able to look at the same Miami fan, FSU fan and Notre Dame fan in the eye with satisfaction as we've proved that we can compete at the highest levels. 

The highs are much higher when you've gone through the lows.  That is why I will stick around whether we win or lose.  I hope everyone else does as well, that is how championship teams are made.

:cheers

• Content Count:  1,985

Could be worse, we could be UF.  They are in the same boat, but with the expectation of being somebody....

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

tired of investing emotionally in this team, only to be let down

college football is about recruiting

can't compete against the big 3

it's only going to get worse

i will continue to support my university

but i will no longer care about whether we win or lose

our team obviously doesn't

(posted smazza style, don't care enough to post complete sentences)

Sounds like someone kicked your ***.  ;) Lol.

That's funny right there.

So, being realistic sounds like being kicked in the ***? Have fun in an empty stadium just because we lost 2 games. i'm over it. College football is a racket, and the Tampa Bay community is a sad excuse of a fan base. Bucs, bulls, lighting, and rays. I root for all of these teams and I can't imagine how embarrassing it is for the players. At least the pros get paid. Sorry if you don't like the reality, but if you've ever been to a real sports town, you know it's the truth.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

The highs are much higher when you've gone through the lows.

I guess this is why, as a Bucs fan from Day One, I'm able to handle these things a tad better than some ...  8-)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

So, being realistic sounds like being kicked in the ***? Have fun in an empty stadium just because we lost 2 games. i'm over it.

theres-the-door-now-get-the-%25&@%23-out.jpg

So, being realistic sounds like being kicked in the ***? Have fun in an empty stadium just because we lost 2 games. i'm over it.

theres-the-door-now-get-the-%25&@%23-out.jpg

****, now I won't be able to contribute to another OCS, expansion/ucf, or fashion thread. i'll see myself out. peace

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Did we quit when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

No but when the "Germans" bombed Pearl Harbor,  with their Japanese planes, we didn't have a General named BJ either.

wow-- I thought everyone had seen Animal House by now

What would make someone think that you know anything about Animal House?  ;) I really hope that he's kidding.

Archived