• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v UCF trophy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

How bout any serious suggestions because I can't come up with one... I tried thinking about it and could only come up with a huge slap of asphalt, a Florida DOT shovel, or a car tire / rim... can't really think of anything good that it could be.

Needs to be something weird like the Keg-o-Nails, Old Oaken Bucket, or any of the other **** that makes no sense but has some how become a trophy.

Does UF/FSU have a trophy .... FSU/Miami? Let's not have any serious suggestions ... there's nothing worse than trying to force a tradition.

But if you must have one ... the anchor one seemed perfect.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

anchor_sailing_trophy_angle.jpg

Call itThe Giant Anchor, or the "Going nowhere trophy"

Because once they latch on to us, we have 0 chance of ever getting better. Our schools will be viewed as the same thing,and neither will ever escape the other.

Kiss any slim chance of the B12 or ACC we had goodbye.

that's probably what UF said when they were forced to play FSU. 5 total national championships later and they were proven wrong.

Whatever dude, keep telling yourself that. Our ceiling is now dictated by theirs, we are NEVER going to unattach ourselves from them. THey are with us for good now. We will never get invited to a better conference without them coming along, and they are such epic failures that theyll never allow us that opportunity.

We've been dragged down to their level. Its disgusting that some of you are celebrating this.

unlike you,  I don't think the sky is falling. the best economies in the world are based on competition. it's drives people to work harder. they are the closest we have to a true rival. I'm actually looking forward to playing a team where the fans get emotional on both sides.

UF and FSU drove each other to be better. in the end it worked out for both of them.that's what competition is all about.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

the turds are surprisingly appropriate.  sigh.....

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

If we keep playing a beating the big 3 then a rivalry with UCF isn't going to do anything for USF athletics except boost attendance for that particular day.

If the big 3 doesn't want to play us no more than we're screwed and we should start playing UCF again.

• Content Count:  971

The U_F Trophy, like the F_U Bottom Ten Thingy on ESPN.  GB!

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The John Marinatto Commemorative Trophy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSih5PITde_ETu-zUmFEpiQHDkYBMlukFLAwm9nAT5LqAz1i_tZSA

OR

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHl1UaZubYk2GmhJtns_kxp2w9_YqbySaEbFk_6UL82bQoMAqVuA

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

How bout any serious suggestions because I can't come up with one... I tried thinking about it and could only come up with a huge slap of asphalt, a Florida DOT shovel, or a car tire / rim... can't really think of anything good that it could be.

Needs to be something weird like the Keg-o-Nails, Old Oaken Bucket, or any of the other **** that makes no sense but has some how become a trophy.

Does UF/FSU have a trophy .... FSU/Miami? Let's not have any serious suggestions ... there's nothing worse than trying to force a tradition.

But if you must have one ... the anchor one seemed perfect.

UF/Miami has one when they play....the War Canoe Trophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Canoe_Trophy

• Content Count:  201

The more I think about it, there is one thing that seems perfect.  It represents the past 4 games and probably the future.  I say we make a broom the trophy, 4-0 sweep with the clean up continuing.

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

anchor_sailing_trophy_angle.jpg

Call itThe Giant Anchor, or the "Going nowhere trophy"

Because once they latch on to us, we have 0 chance of ever getting better. Our schools will be viewed as the same thing,and neither will ever escape the other.

Kiss any slim chance of the B12 or ACC we had goodbye.

Well, it's join them in C-USA without an AQ or join them in the BE with an AQ. USF is not getting invited anywhere else, so it is what it is. And I just don't get the twins separated at birth thing. How are USF and UCF the same? Playing them every year will showcase how we are NOT the same to the average Joe around the country. What adding UCF means is that USF is going to have to step up on every level. The competition will be good. And besides, we might have been ranked #2 in the country by some glitch in the BCS computer a couple of years ago (and then did what with it?), but it ain't like we're LSU or Bama. Please. We're up and coming just like they are. As others have said, I think a conference series with them will benefit and grow both teams. It's going to be decades until USF is a perennial power and we'll never be a traditional power (we just don't have the history and we're in the frickin' BE, not the SEC or Big Ten). I don't see what we have to lose.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

One thing good about getting to stomp them once a year again:  No more national media confusion between USF and UCF.

As I recall, that "confusion" was not happening when we were playing them.

64-12!

Archived