• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Make BJ think and he crumbles. Hes a great athlete who can do some good things but hes not a QB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry but I like BJ I dont love him as a QB. Look for Pitt to play us five yards off the ball on the line and play our receivers tight to the short game. They will stack the box for the run and short pass game. BJ CANNOT throw the ball with any accuracy 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. When he drops back 8 yards he has about 20-21 yards of ball control veritcally (consider the ball travels further heading out to the sideline).

I have seen 1-2 balls thrown long and accurate to a receiver in stride over the last 4 games. And three of those games were against sub-level competition. If Pitt tightens up in the box and makes BJ beat them with the long ball, we better be able to run the ball over them.

bj daniels long balls are mostly spot passes, that one interception where the receiver broke off the route looked more like a punt than a pass.

I hope I a proven wrong....

We will be able to run the ball over them if they do what you suggested above. Heck, I think we run the ball over them almost no matter what they throw at us, short of 8 guys in the box.

Game Set Match. Can we get a QB and not an athlete at some point?

Are you kidding me????

Tell the Oline to grow some balls and block. This one is not on B.J, this one is on the coaching staff all day.

When a team puts more men in the box then we have blockers they will win that battle. The reason Pitt can do that is

becuase THEY DO NOT RESPECT bj daniels ARM. They are STACKING up on the line just as I predicted.

So back to your original point ... How is this B.j.'s fault??

I guess it is not

BJs fault that he cannot throw the ball as far as a normal 1/2 decent QBs. Maybe its his momma's fault.

If BJ were a 1/2 DECENT QB Pitt wouldnt plan their defensive game plan to stack the box. They would have to respect his arm.

So I guess it is Pitt's fault for knowing BJ cannot throw the ball more than 15 yards past the line of scrimmage with any accuracy.

I swear I thought BJ was at least fast but he looks slow and sluggish tonight.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

OH great now the Eveld will save us supporters are coming out!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

This game is not just on Daniels.

This game is on the entire team.

When Pitt cannot stop you up the middle, you need to run the ball down their throats.

I don't entirely blame him-he kept his composure the entire game and fought as best he could.

I'm just not getting the lack of runs up the middle. We were killing them in the first half, and given time Pitt would have worn down jsut as much as we did.

Yeah, our defense got gassed. Part of it was preparation. We didn't expect Sunseri to run like a maniac and didn't account for it. The other is that USF didn't play good fundamentals. You could see this a little bit last week-players weren't tackling, they kept going for the strip. I cant count how many times we caught Pitt in the backfield and let them get loose.

USF now has a long layoff to prepare for UConn. You can bet we'll be better in two weeks.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I can't say enough good things about B.J. he has grown so much and his growth as a QB has been exponential.  His current QB rating is 158.4.  Amazing what talent, determination, hard work, and more importantly outstanding coaching can get you.  If  B.J. can maintain his excellence play this team will win the Big East.

I agree... BJD has improved and this loss is not his fault... he is a raging bull... the rest of the team are a bunch of heffers...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

When the other team scores 44 points, I find it hard to place any blame on the quarterback.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I guess it is not

bj daniels fault that he cannot throw the ball as far as a normal 1/2 decent QBs. Maybe its his momma's fault.

He can throw as far as any QB.  With the amount of pressure he was under tonight, did you expect him to be dropping 50+ yard bombs to Sterling Griffin all night?  Not even Percy Harvin could have gotten that far in that little time.  This is a ridiculous comment.

If BJ were a 1/2 DECENT QB Pitt wouldnt plan their defensive game plan to stack the box. They would have to respect his arm.

How do you know they didn't respect his arm?  How do you know they didn't stack the box, not only to stop Scott and Murray, who were gouging them, but also to force BJ to make quick decisions?  They knew they were pwning our O-line all night long and that's why they stacked the box, because they knew they could get by them and get to BJ.  

So I guess it is Pitt's fault for knowing BJ cannot throw the ball more than 15 yards past the line of scrimmage with any accuracy.

You are making stuff up now.  How do you explain the long pass to Griffin, thrown across his body, at least 20 yards in the air before the half that got us into FG range?  BJ's numbers aren't that bad considering he had so little time to throw most of the night.  And they were giving him a lot of the underneath stuff, so why should he force a long pass that probably wasn't there because they were playing back?  

I swear I thought BJ was at least fast but he looks slow and sluggish tonight.

I know it's a painful loss, and I'm stunned at how fast everything went to hell, but you were either watching a different game or not paying attention.  Pitt's D was in the backfield before BJ could even finish his dropback.  

Hopefully this post is a product of anger at the lack of preparation and maybe not wanting to believe our coaching staff is capable of failing to prepare our team for this game adequately, because a lot of what you wrote makes no sense whatsoever.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

We moved the ball well in the first half and when we had to become one dimensional our OL couldn't stop any blitz.

Can hardly blame Daniels for having to run for his life.