• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

We moved the ball well in the first half and when we had to become one dimensional our OL couldn't stop any blitz.

Can hardly blame Daniels for having to run for his life.

youre missing his point.  he is running for his life becaue they can put so many guys in the box because we have no downfield pass threat. 

I dont blame it all on BJ but like i said earlier id much rather have a gunslinger than BJ. 

Not only are we not missing his point, you didn't even get the point right. 

His point was not about the lack of a downfield pass threat, but that BJ isn't a good enough QB to throw downfield and that bj daniels arm is not strong enough to throw over 15+ yards. 

He's wrong on both counts, in my opinion.  Again, I chalk it up to an emotional response from a disappointed fan and the fact that BJ is an easy target for criticism based on past performance.  The former is fair, the latter isn't. 

Just an FYI.... I had the same opinion after Clemson, after ND, after Balls State, after FAMU, after UTEP, and now after Pitt.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

So, what do we do about this?

recruit a QB that is a traditional gunslinger.  tired of seeing usf's best offensive plays being the qb running the ball. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry but bj didn't lose this game.  Our d made up of a bunch of clowns did.  They put us in position where we had to ditch the run game.  They killed the entire game plan.  It allowed pitt the freedom to blitz at will.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

We moved the ball well in the first half and when we had to become one dimensional our OL couldn't stop any blitz.

Can hardly blame Daniels for having to run for his life.

youre missing his point.  he is running for his life becaue they can put so many guys in the box because we have no downfield pass threat. 

I dont blame it all on BJ but like i said earlier id much rather have a gunslinger than BJ. 

Not only are we not missing his point, you didn't even get the point right. 

His point was not about the lack of a downfield pass threat, but that BJ isn't a good enough QB to throw downfield and that bj daniels arm is not strong enough to throw over 15+ yards. 

He's wrong on both counts, in my opinion.  Again, I chalk it up to an emotional response from a disappointed fan and the fact that BJ is an easy target for criticism based on past performance.  The former is fair, the latter isn't. 

Just an FYI.... I had the same opinion after Clemson, after ND, after Balls State, after FAMU, after UTEP, and now after Pitt.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

So, what do we do about this?

recruit a QB that is a traditional gunslinger.  tired of seeing usf's best offensive plays being the qb running the ball. 

Well that's not a solution till atleast 2-3 years down the road, so what do we do this season?  Also the coaches continue to recruit dual threat QB's so I guess that says something about the scheme they want to run.  Also what legit gunslingers do we have a chance to land?  Finding a good drop back QB is a lot harder than just "Go recruit one" if you're not a top notch team. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you want to see BJ where he has hit receivers in stride, do a simple Youtube search.  That is all.  

Bull Dozer, this year we will just continue to run the same predictable offense, because its not hard to tell defenses are not threatened by BJs arm.  BJ is good, one of our best weapons we have on offense but if i were to gameplan against him and usf i'd do it just like Pitt.  Spy a man on him and blitz from all over, he and or the receiver will nto burn you. 

we will have a very similar season to what we have been having the last 5 years.  meaningless bowl game and a lot of excuses and justifying. 

I know people go towards dual threats, but with grothe and now daniels we do the same thing. 

i also agree with you, i have no idea why we went away from the run game...from the running backs. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bull Dozer, this year we will just continue to run the same predictable offense, because its not hard to tell defenses are not threatened by bj daniels arm.  BJ is good, one of our best weapons we have on offense but if i were to gameplan against him and usf i'd do it just like Pitt.  Spy a man on him and blitz from all over, he and or the receiver will nto burn you. 

Hey while you're at the whole prediction thing, can you look into your crystal ball and let me know what age I'll be able to retire?  Would be really nice to know exactly how much I should be socking away for that date, instead of trying to guess for the next 30 years.  If you can do that, I'd be grateful.  Thanks in advance. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bull Dozer, this year we will just continue to run the same predictable offense, because its not hard to tell defenses are not threatened by BJs arm.  BJ is good, one of our best weapons we have on offense but if i were to gameplan against him and usf i'd do it just like Pitt.  Spy a man on him and blitz from all over, he and or the receiver will nto burn you. 

we will have a very similar season to what we have been having the last 5 years.  meaningless bowl game and a lot of excuses and justifying. 

I know people go towards dual threats, but with grothe and now daniels we do the same thing. 

i also agree with you, i have no idea why we went away from the run game...from the running backs. 

I'm just saying people don't understand how hard it is to find a legit drop back QB for a program like USF.  We don't get sure things at QB it's not our place in the pecking order and those kids are few and far between.  For a good pocket passer it takes years to develop and you better have a GREAT QB coach to get kids like that consistently at a program like USF.  In the state of FL those kids go to UF (they are now running a drop back system again) FSU, and UM FIRST, then you have the top flight programs that come from all over to recruit this state that often pull the top notch kids out.  We get a crack at what's left after that and still have to compete at second tier schools from the bigger BCS conferences.  I mean **** I can count on one hand two hands the number of pure drop back passer that i think would be a total upgrade over BJ with what we have on offense.

Bull Dozer, this year we will just continue to run the same predictable offense, because its not hard to tell defenses are not threatened by bj daniels arm.  BJ is good, one of our best weapons we have on offense but if i were to gameplan against him and usf i'd do it just like Pitt.  Spy a man on him and blitz from all over, he and or the receiver will nto burn you. 

Hey while you're at the whole prediction thing, can you look into your crystal ball and let me know what age I'll be able to retire?  Would be really nice to know exactly how much I should be socking away for that date, instead of trying to guess for the next 30 years.  If you can do that, I'd be grateful.  Thanks in advance. 

you must be a new usf fan. 

Bulldozer, i know its hard but it just seems the only drop back qb we ever had was chad barnhardt and that was in 1998. 

i just want to attempt to find a pocket qb. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I'm not blaming this game on BJ.  They should have kept the three pronged running attack.  I was glad to hear that BJ was going around telling the team to keep their heads up like a leader.  I still remember that Rutgers game where he was standing away from the team.