• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches could have stuck with the running game that was very successful tonight instead of abandoning it in the second half?  Maybe the coaches could have called plays that would counter act what Pitt was doing?  When a team is blitzing their faces off you don't drop straight back and attempt to throw intermediate routes.  You run screens and slants, we did neither.  The offensive coaches were terrible tonight.  Then again I forgot I'm talking to the guy that was the leader of the Bobby Eveld fan club last season.   

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

We moved the ball well in the first half and when we had to become one dimensional our OL couldn't stop any blitz.

Can hardly blame Daniels for having to run for his life.

youre missing his point.  he is running for his life becaue they can put so many guys in the box because we have no downfield pass threat. 

I dont blame it all on BJ but like i said earlier id much rather have a gunslinger than BJ. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We moved the ball well in the first half and when we had to become one dimensional our OL couldn't stop any blitz.

youre missing his point.  he is running for his life becaue they can put so many guys in the box because we have no downfield pass threat. 

I dont blame it all on BJ but like i said earlier id much rather have a gunslinger than BJ. 

Not only are we not missing his point, you didn't even get the point right. 

His point was not about the lack of a downfield pass threat, but that BJ isn't a good enough QB to throw downfield and that BJ's arm is not strong enough to throw over 15+ yards. 

He's wrong on both counts, in my opinion.  Again, I chalk it up to an emotional response from a disappointed fan and the fact that BJ is an easy target for criticism based on past performance.  The former is fair, the latter isn't. 

he is running for his life becaue they can put so many guys in the box because we have no downfield pass threat. 

Also, on that note, they put so many guys in the box because they knew they'd have no trouble getting past our O-line, which they didn't.  They were in the backfield almost the whole 2nd half. 

we do not have a downfield pass threat or defense.  

3rd and 12 we have a better chance of BJ running for it than making a 15 yard strike over the middle.  

i am not wrong.  

Also some people need to remember, this is the same thing teams did to Grothe and just like tonight our coaches never adjusted.  The difference is i trust these coaches to make the needed adjustments from here on out to make our offense successful against this strategy. 

we do not have a downfield pass threat or defense.  

3rd and 12 we have a better chance of BJ running for it than making a 15 yard strike over the middle.  

i am not wrong.  

Yes you are.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

His point was not about the lack of a downfield pass threat, but that BJ isn't a good enough QB to throw downfield and that bj daniels arm is not strong enough to throw over 15+ yards. 

He's wrong on both counts, in my opinion.  Again, I chalk it up to an emotional response from a disappointed fan and the fact that BJ is an easy target for criticism based on past performance.  The former is fair, the latter isn't. 

Just an FYI.... I had the same opinion after Clemson, after ND, after Balls State, after FAMU, after UTEP, and now after Pitt.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

BJ, like Grothe is a scrambling play maker.  Not accurate, not throwing for 3rd and longs, not leading receivers.  everything is yard after catch on soft screens, short routes, etc. 

i just want a rivers at nc state, persa at northwester-type qb one time at usf. 

His point was not about the lack of a downfield pass threat, but that BJ isn't a good enough QB to throw downfield and that bj daniels arm is not strong enough to throw over 15+ yards. 

Just an FYI.... I had the same opinion after Clemson, after ND, after Balls State, after FAMU, after UTEP, and now after Pitt.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

So, what do we do about this?