• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just hope USF is also getting ready

Mama_Bull

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't think the sky is falling. I think we are gonna come out of this smelling like a daisy. WE WILL NOT GET LEFT OUT. We are the 14th largest media market in the country. 10 places above Pittsburgh(24th), Syracuse(  who even knows if anyone watches those games) don't even dare say NYC media, no one in NYC watches Syracuse FB, NOBODY.. What this move may do is give us the ability to talk to the ACC or SEC without looking like the bad guy. The BE is looking west but we may not want to go that way. I mean wouldn't we want to come out of this NOT being in the BE??? Perennial doormat, poorly run, screwed up members(insert Notre Dame here). USF is not gonna be odd man out. We picked a great time to be playing well.

• Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

If we win conference this time around we will not be ignored.

Right now the best teams in the big east are WVU and USF. If the season plays out that way, we should be fine.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This truly has nothung to do with winning games

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

I don't think the sky is falling. I think we are gonna come out of this smelling like a daisy. WE WILL NOT GET LEFT OUT. We are the 14th largest media market in the country. 10 places above Pittsburgh(24th), Syracuse(  who even knows if anyone watches those games) don't even dare say NYC media, no one in NYC watches Syracuse FB, NOBODY.. What this move may do is give us the ability to talk to the ACC or SEC without looking like the bad guy. The BE is looking west but we may not want to go that way. I mean wouldn't we want to come out of this NOT being in the BE??? Perennial doormat, poorly run, screwed up members(insert Notre Dame here). USF is not gonna be odd man out. We picked a great time to be playing well.

I feel a lot better now.

Also, we may be the 14th largest TV market, but what does that mean if no one is watching USF football.  No one, statistically speaking, comes to the games.  I don't know what TV ratings are for ESPN in this market for USF games, but I'm guessing it isn't great.

Baylor is between two large TV markets.  How is that working out?

USF needs to be pro active on this.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I suppose I could have posted this in another thread, but thought it was relevant info to have here.

Iowa State, Baylor reportedly offer themselves to Big East

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 12:19 PM EDT

Posted by Jess McCadam - email

MORGANTOWN - According to NBC Sports and Andy Katz of ESPN, Iowa State and Baylor have reached out to the Big East Conference in case the the Big 12 were to dissolve.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/15486002/iowa-s%20tate

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I wish I were as optimistic as some of you guys. I think the reality is, we don't have a chance at the SEC or the ACC (unless FSU leaves). The ACC won't add another FL school. If the 3 biggest schools in the BE leave, then our best bet would be to join the BIG 12 or we could end up dropping back to C-USA. Why do some of you guys think winning the BE this year will help our chances at the ACC or SEC? I don't think it will matter because of my reasons stated above. Would adding UCF, Houston, Temple, ECU... be an option to maybe keep the BE alive?

• Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

USF on Thursday have some of the best rankings.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

This truly has nothung to do with winning games

Agree ... I don't think UConn and Cincy are locks just because they've recently won the conference.

• Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

What I truly hate about all this ... is that it's dominating a lot of college football chat DURING the season.

Archived