• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just hope USF is also getting ready

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Voodoo Five weighs in on the subject.

This comment would be funny, but not so much now.

"UCF welcomes you back and looks forward to the I-4 rivalry."

http://www.voodoofive.com/2011/9/17/2430596/if-the-acc-wants-pittsburgh-and-syracuse-usf-has-a-problem

That would be such a Pyrrhic victory for them.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

As I stated when I started this thread a few days ago, I thought it deserved to be on this board, so we could discuss what USF could do, rather than the Big East in general.

IMO, Genshaft needs to line up the governor on her side to impress upon FSU and Miami, that if there is going to be expansion in the ACC, then USF needs to be one of those schools. That's what the Virginia governor did in order to get the ACC to deny Syracuse and take Virgina Tech.

I'm sure many people believed that tactic wouldn't work with Virginia, but it did.

Genshaft can also call an emergency meting of the NCAA Board of Directors to discuss the ramifications of a major expansion in college football and how that would impact its members.

I think Genshaft has some cards to play, and she should issue a statement to the media expressing her displeasure on this seemingly out of control process.

Scott will help with FSU for sure, but I think you're looking for UF, not Miami. Miami is private.

IF there was a time for Genshaft to use her bully pulpit in the top circles of the NCAA, this is it.

I think what another poster said is right-UF, UM, and FSU are scared of us because we're finally a threat to them. We've won a few big recruiting battles against them and we're starting to beat Miami and slowly, FSU for recruits. Winning against FSU in 2009 and UM last year on the field helps bolster that sense of fear. Having that BCS tag doesn't hurt either.

I can't believe I didn't think about this weeks ago.

Our best hope is that FSU bolts to the SEC, still. We don't control their future though-FSU does.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't think Syracuse and Pitt are a lock to get in the ACC. Good BB teams just don't carry much weight. Just because they applied doesn't mean that they are getting in.

• Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think the sky is falling. I think we are gonna come out of this smelling like a daisy. WE WILL NOT GET LEFT OUT. We are the 14th largest media market in the country. 10 places above Pittsburgh(24th), Syracuse(  who even knows if anyone watches those games) don't even dare say NYC media, no one in NYC watches Syracuse FB, NOBODY.. What this move may do is give us the ability to talk to the ACC or SEC without looking like the bad guy. The BE is looking west but we may not want to go that way. I mean wouldn't we want to come out of this NOT being in the BE??? Perennial doormat, poorly run, screwed up members(insert Notre Dame here). USF is not gonna be odd man out. We picked a great time to be playing well.

I feel a lot better now.

Also, we may be the 14th largest TV market, but what does that mean if no one is watching USF football.  No one, statistically speaking, comes to the games.  I don't know what TV ratings are for ESPN in this market for USF games, but I'm guessing it isn't great.

Baylor is between two large TV markets.  How is that working out?

USF needs to be pro active on this.

Since joining the Big 12 conference Baylor has a 18–101 record in regular season play, with its best season in 2010 when they finished with a 4-4 conference record. Also, Baylor is a smaller private university with only 15,000 students. They don't really offer anything, their football program is terrible and they don't have many fans.

I think USF has a lot more to offer than Baylor.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Even though Miami is private, they receive a preferential treatment from the state. The governor can apply quite a bit of pressure on them.

As I noted earlier, the best thing for USF, of course, would be FSU going to the SEC. Hard to imagine an ACC now with only one Florida school. They need USF to give their teams another Florida school to play every year, for recruiting purposes. Also, our market would be more important to them if FSU left. They wouldn't want the SEC to dominate the Florida market.

The supposed news today that ALL ACC presidents have voted to raise the buyout to $20 million for schools to leave the conference, would suggest that FSU isn't going to the SEC.  

• Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

We are a big school without many fans... we are ranked and can't get anyone to come to games with 6 dollar tickets and a fireworks show. Kind of embarrassing...

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

We are a big school without many fans... we are ranked and can't get anyone to come to games with 6 dollar tickets and a fireworks show. Kind of embarrassing...

uh, we had 45,000, one of the larger crowds at an opening game, so I have no clue what you're talking about. your post was kind of embarrassing.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That's the difference between us and small town schools, whether you want to use that as an excuse or not. We have a ******** of things to do here, not to mention having to compete with the Bucs, Rays, Lightning, Storm. Thank god we don't have an NBA team here.

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Syracuse and Pitt are a lock to get in the ACC. Good BB teams just don't carry much weight. Just because they applied doesn't mean that they are getting in.

I'm not sure if they would have applied if they haven't already gotten verbal approval from the ACC.  I don't know for sure, but they never said any of the other 8 schools have actually applied....just that 10 schools have approached them.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Even though Miami is private, they receive a preferential treatment from the state. The governor can apply quite a bit of pressure on them.

As I noted earlier, the best thing for USF, of course, would be FSU going to the SEC. Hard to imagine an ACC now with only one Florida school. They need USF to give their teams another Florida school to play every year, for recruiting purposes. Also, our market would be more important to them if FSU left. They wouldn't want the SEC to dominate the Florida market.

The supposed news today that ALL ACC presidents have voted to raise the buyout to $20 million for schools to leave the conference, would suggest that FSU isn't going to the SEC.  

I thought the same thing about FSU to the SEC, but what do you do with the new $20 million exit fee to leave the ACC... that's nothing to scoff at.

Archived