• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just hope USF is also getting ready

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

if BE can absorb Big XII leftovers + competitive mid-majors we will be fine. if the Big Leftovers can maintain its AQ bid, USF will have the inside shot to go to a BCS bid every single year.

assuming the Big XII dissolves, Pitt, Cuse and WVU bolt the BE, and USF doesn't get an invite to another AQ conference (none of which are absolutes at this point), the BE would have to add schools to remain competitive... the best current-AQ squads left would be Mizzou, Kansas, KState. the new Big Leftovers conference would have at least the same number of teams (9, assuming TCU stays on) it has now. the choice is then how many teams the conference wants (10, 12, 14, 16) and how far west it wants to go... the best remaining teams would be Houston (large market, in-state rivalry with TCU), BYU, ISU, Temple (team has improved recently and would add large Philly market), maybe ECU or *barf* UCF... Notre Dame would be logical but they're clowns, Baylor is poison and won't get an invite.

new Big Least

Cinci

UConn

Louisville

Rutgers

USF

+

TCU

KU

KSU

Mizzou

+

? Houston, BYU, ISU, Temple, ND, ECU, etc.

it's not the most imposing of conferences, but it wouldn't be the worst.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't think Syracuse and Pitt are a lock to get in the ACC. Good BB teams just don't carry much weight. Just because they applied doesn't mean that they are getting in.

You don't apply unless you are a near mortal lock to be accepted.  It would be too embarrassing to apply and be turned down.  Negotiations are done already.  The only way this falls apart is if the BE comes up with some remarkable plan to keep them, or a rogue ACC school changes their mind about how they would vote.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

According to Brett McMurphy's twitter, BE and USF were totally betrayed by Chancellor at Pitt.  He torpedoed a BE TV deal and now he's gone.  Sure you don't think we should consider suing some people?

Big East official tells @CBSSports Pitt chancellor, chairman of Big East exec committee, "put brakes on ESPN deal." Now Pitt off to ACC

http://twitter.com/#!/McMurphyCBS

Probably didn't help us that Commissioner Crappinatto spent the last year forcing Nova down Pitt's throat.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Hard to believe Syracuse basketball would give up its tie to the BE.  With Pitt going to the ACC it makes since for WVU to follow and then possibly UL.  ACC already has two schools in the state of FL in terms of adding USF.  The SEC may like the idea of visiting FL twice.  However I could see them going after FSU and putting them in the west.  Then maybe the ACC would consider an app from USF.  Our problem is lack of tradition nor academically are we Duke Vandy or Baylor.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I say go after Okl State and Kansas.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

if BE can absorb Big XII leftovers + competitive mid-majors we will be fine. if the Big Leftovers can maintain its AQ bid, USF will have the inside shot to go to a BCS bid every single year.

assuming the Big XII dissolves, Pitt, Cuse and WVU bolt the BE, and USF doesn't get an invite to another AQ conference (none of which are absolutes at this point), the BE would have to add schools to remain competitive... the best current-AQ squads left would be Mizzou, Kansas, KState. the new Big Leftovers conference would have at least the same number of teams (9, assuming TCU stays on) it has now. the choice is then how many teams the conference wants (10, 12, 14, 16) and how far west it wants to go... the best remaining teams would be Houston (large market, in-state rivalry with TCU), BYU, ISU, Temple (team has improved recently and would add large Philly market), maybe ECU or *barf* UCF... Notre Dame would be logical but they're clowns, Baylor is poison and won't get an invite.

new Big Least

Cinci

UConn

Louisville

Rutgers

USF

+

TCU

KU

KSU

Mizzou

+

? Houston, BYU, ISU, Temple, ND, ECU, etc.

it's not the most imposing of conferences, but it wouldn't be the worst.

You forgot UCF... while I hate to say it they were pegged as the runner up or backup to TCU... there is no way that they don't squeeze their gay asses into the new Big East now...

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

FIU beat UCF and Louisville. Even though they screwed USF's schedule once, I'd rather see them in the Big East than UCF. Their stadium has a cooler nickname too, The Cage vs The Trampoline.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

FIU beat UCF and Louisville. Even though they screwed USF's schedule once, I'd rather see them in the Big East than UCF. Their stadium has a cooler nickname too, The Cage vs The Trampoline.

I fully agree... BUT I bet you right now UCF is sending everything they have up to where ever it is that the Big East is based out of to get an invite into the Big East. I hope that the Big East does not let them in, or feed them after midnight...

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Who says that the ACC would want Syracuse & Pitt?  Just because they applied does not mean that they will get in.

If they go, then the ACC can have them.  Syracuse has been pathetic in football for a long time.  They started to turn things around last year, but they are not looking so good this year.  Pitt has been a top tier team, but they have not been a good BE representative in OOC games and in bowl games.

Of course we have not won the BE, so it is our time to man up and win this thing.

Archived