• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just hope USF is also getting ready

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

There's karmic justice in Cuse and Pitt losing today. 

As I understand it, they have applied to leave the BE, rather than to join the ACC.  If so, that means they already know they are going to be approved by the ACC. 

Don't forget who owns the BE--the BB schools.

We have a good record, an improving university, and a big media market.  I think that--somehow--things will work out for us. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

USF monitoring landscape

By TBO.COM

Published: September 18, 2011

TAMPA --

Reports that Pittsburgh and Syrcause have applied to join the Atlantic Coast Conference and leave the Big East certainly grabbed the attention of USF president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard, who issued a joint statement prior to Saturday night's game against Florida A&M regarding the changes taking place with possible conference realignment.

"Obviously, we are aware of the information reported by the media regarding some members of the Big East Conference, as well as other national news related to conference alignment. This is certainly a time of tremendous change in intercollegiate athletics and, clearly, that change may continue," the statement read.

"We have been monitoring the landscape and have been actively engaged in dialogue at the conference and national levels over the last 18 months. That will continue in earnest as we move forward."

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

USF monitoring landscape

By TBO.COM

Published: September 18, 2011

TAMPA --

Reports that Pittsburgh and Syrcause have applied to join the Atlantic Coast Conference and leave the Big East certainly grabbed the attention of USF president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard, who issued a joint statement prior to Saturday night's game against Florida A&M regarding the changes taking place with possible conference realignment.

"Obviously, we are aware of the information reported by the media regarding some members of the Big East Conference, as well as other national news related to conference alignment. This is certainly a time of tremendous change in intercollegiate athletics and, clearly, that change may continue," the statement read.

"We have been monitoring the landscape and have been actively engaged in dialogue at the conference and national levels over the last 18 months. That will continue in earnest as we move forward."

This just proves that just because it's not being widely reported, it doesn't mean we have been a spectator in all of this.  USF can't make another conference want us.

• Content Count:  4,738

Who says that the ACC would want Syracuse & Pitt?  Just because they applied does not mean that they will get in.

If they go, then the ACC can have them.  Syracuse has been pathetic in football for a long time.  They started to turn things around last year, but they are not looking so good this year.  Pitt has been a top tier team, but they have not been a good BE representative in OOC games and in bowl games.

Of course we have not won the BE, so it is our time to man up and win this thing.

they want them.  they have applied.  they have been accepted. 

rutgers and uconn will be gone too

and wvu to the sec.

lets see those imaginary conference alignments now.

• Content Count:  1,757

Honestly this is what I see shaking out, and I dont believe there is anyway this new conference will be AQ

USF

Lousiville

Cinci

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

UCF

Houston

• Content Count:  879

Honestly this is what I see shaking out, and I dont believe there is anyway this new conference will be AQ

USF

Lousiville

Cinci

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

UCF

Houston

If this is indeed a NQ conference, why would UCF and Houston leave Conf USA?  Wouldn't the automatic qualifying status be the only reason for them to leave?

• Content Count:  1,757

USF

Lousiville

Cinci

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

UCF

Houston

If this is indeed a NQ conference, why would UCF and Houston leave Conf USA?  Wouldn't the automatic qualifying status be the only reason for them to leave?

Thats a great point. I believe it may be an AQ conference for the first few years, depending on whether or not it keeps Big East or Big 12 AQ agreement. Im assuming the 6 AQ number would somehow change after all of this shakes out.

• Content Count:  325

USF

Lousiville

Cinci

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

UCF

Houston

Thats a great point. I believe it may be an AQ conference for the first few years, depending on whether or not it keeps Big East or Big 12 AQ

agreement. Im assuming the 6 AQ number would somehow change after all of this shakes out.

Add ECU, Memphis  and keep the Big 12 label.  Then maybe SMU and others,  it may be the only way to stay AQ  and not too bad for basketball either

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

USF

Lousiville

Cinci

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

UCF

Houston

Pretty much, though those programs would likely want to align themselves with the best collection of teams possible, and hope their programs continue to improve to the point that they can earn the AQ status someday (I'd still prefer a playoff).

To be honest, if we end up in a non-AQ conference, I'd be okay with just beating the **** out of UCF every year, winning the conference, and occasionally being a BCS buster. My expectations are tempered right now.

And if that conference happens, you might expect to see some other teams like ECU, SMU, and maybe even Tulsa joining in.

My other issue is TCU may retract it's decision to join the BE and stay in the MWC. If the MWC gets TCU back, they may be the ones going for Kansas/K-State/Baylor/Houston...

Archived