• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Little ND insight from a player

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

He's a cancer?

I'll agree he's a *****. But, he got the ND job because he's almost universally considered a guru of the game. He's not a cancer.

Sorry... the guy is a *****... therefore he is a cancer in my book. Never met a guy who was a ***** that made the situation better. That's my definition of a cancer... someone who doesn't make a situation better.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

He's a cancer?

I'll agree he's a *****. But, he got the ND job because he's almost universally considered a guru of the game. He's not a cancer.

Sorry... the guy is a *****... therefore he is a cancer in my book. Never met a guy who was a ***** that made the situation better. That's my definition of a cancer... someone who doesn't make a situation better.

Who's situation? He's arrogant and a *****. He's not ruining football teams. In fact, his persona fits Notre Dame perfectly if I must say. Skip over at ND would seem bizarre; a class act that can also coach.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Actually I'd have that opinion if he were the coach at USF..... and then I'd be canceling my season tickets and donation.... the man is a cancer.

He's a cancer?

Charlie Weis is a Guru too. ND doesn't exactly have a good recent history of picking out coaches.

Big difference between the hiring of Weis and the hiring of Kelly.  Weis had no college HC experience, it was a splash move hoping to excite the fanbase and take the focus off of Ty Willingham who never got a fair shake at ND. 

Kelly won two conference championships at Cinca-freakin-nati, that's saying the man can coach.  Put me down for saying he's a *****, but don't agree that he's a cancer.  He's a winner and pricks that are winners aren't well liked by virtually anyone else.  I remember when Cinci last played in Tampa, they talked about how Kelly almost ran for office years ago.  It's a good thing he didn't, he wouldn't have won.  He's got politician's blood, but I'm sure he would have trouble getting a lot of people of different beliefs to like him.  He's got the perfect job now where he can be a politician, be a ***** and people that follow his team will love him as long as he brings home the wins.  If he doesn't win, they'll fire him and people will talk about how much he was a ***** when he coached there.

BTW, Bulls fans shouldn't get too confident.  We can lose this game as easily as we can win it.  I'm just hoping the Bulls play football the way they did at Clemson.  I feel good about the game, but am cautiously optimistic. 

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Hey guys Irish fan here.

Second, its almost impossible to overlook the first game. ND has heard USF this and that for months and are eager to start strong. Getting punched in the mouth by your own teammates isn't fun, these guys want to go against someone else.  Same goes the other way around. Notre Dame players aren't a stupid lot of guys and they understand that you aren't New Mexico State or something. Many have picked you to win the Big East and the guys at Notre Dame know this. Also the whole thing about looking past USF because they are looking at the exciting night game to get revenge just seems made up to be perfectly honest and something a butthurt USF fan would say b/c  a moronic ND fan trash talked.

Notre Dame is not overlooking their first game of the season. If you win its because you were the better team Saturday not this BS about "overlooking" you.

Are you sure you guys haven't been studying UCF game film? This could prove to be a real problem. When disguising a defensive or offensive scheme, I would suggest that making your opponent believe that you are from another school, might be an effective strategy. Jus sayin.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,647
  • Days Won:  424

Actually I'd have that opinion if he were the coach at USF..... and then I'd be canceling my season tickets and donation.... the man is a cancer.

He's a cancer?

Charlie Weis is a Guru too. ND doesn't exactly have a good recent history of picking out coaches.

Big difference between the hiring of Weis and the hiring of Kelly.  Weis had no college HC experience, it was a splash move hoping to excite the fanbase and take the focus off of Ty Willingham who never got a fair shake at ND. 

Kelly won two conference championships at Cinca-freakin-nati, that's saying the man can coach.  Put me down for saying he's a *****, but don't agree that he's a cancer.  He's a winner and pricks that are winners aren't well liked by virtually anyone else.  I remember when Cinci last played in Tampa, they talked about how Kelly almost ran for office years ago.  It's a good thing he didn't, he wouldn't have won.  He's got politician's blood, but I'm sure he would have trouble getting a lot of people of different beliefs to like him.  He's got the perfect job now where he can be a politician, be a ***** and people that follow his team will love him as long as he brings home the wins.  If he doesn't win, they'll fire him and people will talk about how much he was a ***** when he coached there.

BTW, Bulls fans shouldn't get too confident.  We can lose this game as easily as we can win it.  I'm just hoping the Bulls play football the way they did at Clemson.  I feel good about the game, but am cautiously optimistic. 

Pretty much agree with everything there, especially the last paragraph ...

... and with all these "pricks" flying around here, I'm sure there's a good Catholic joke somewhere in there but I'm taking the chance ...

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

My best friend was a radio broadcaster in Kalamazoo for a few years.  He confirmed to me several times that BK was a ***** from first hand knowledge when CMU would play West Mich.  He said he was a ***** when Cincy hired him, he said he was a ***** when ND hired him and he says he is a ***** now.  He sure is a great coach though.

I don't know your football or sports background but 99.9% of great coaches are pricks. In any sport the people who climb to the top of the coaching profession are not social animals. They are egomaniacs who totally focused on their goal. That singularity of purpose, that single-minded focus, often leads them to being considered jerks.

Football coaches are the worst. Perhaps it because they spend a lot of their lives in dark rooms with projectors but those guys are wired differently than the people that you likely meet at work everyday.

In fact I bet you can't name a top 15 college football coach, except Mack Brown, who isn't widely considered a jerk.  Saban? Ask that guy about the weather sometime and watch him give you a look of complete disdain. Chip Kelly? Oregon has to practically hire a separate jet just to transport his head to an away game. They call Bob Stoops "The King" for a reason and that reason isn't his humility.

I have no doubt that Brian Kelly is a *****. He wouldn't have risen from the depths of 1AA football at Grand Valley St to Notre Dame if he were Mr. Rogers. But really he's no different than any of the top coaches in the game.

Also I will point out that if Brian Kelly were at USF and winning the qualities that made him a jerk at UC and ND would, for many here, be endearing traits. That is until he left........ That is just the way fans are. Their coach is perfect and the other guy is scum.

• Content Count:  4,016

I love to read stuff like this and chuckle. Kelly is a top 10 college coach, if he was at USF you'd be happy, or at least tolerate it.  Say what you will because it's easy to say that knowing good an well you'll probably never get tested on it.  His resume is amazing, two national championships at DII, one MAC Championship, two BE Championships....he wins at ND it will be the culmination.  Brian's 3 years older than Skip, but Skip if he has serious success at USF will be building a similar resume.

BTW, Coach Kelly is arrogant, but so are most coaches.  To me, calling an arrogant man a '*****' personalizes it.  I don't equate one with the other necessarily, and calling an individual a '*****' you've got to know them personally...and I doubt anyone on this board knows him like that.  Kelly for sure is arrogant wants to beat everyone and he's uber-competitive.  If that's a ***** sign me up as a '*****' too.  Some of you, like me, don't like Kelly because he's a good coach, and we're 0-3 against him.  If USF was 3-0 you'd only get a mild chuckle from his demeanor.  I want to beat him bad because he's good, he's arrogant, and he's undefeated against us. 

Oh and mark me down as one that would love to have an arrogant head coach that wins all the time, and the opposition calls him a '*****'.  That means he's doing something right.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I love to read stuff like this and chuckle. Kelly is a top 10 college coach, if he was at USF you'd be happy, or at least tolerate it.  Say what you will because it's easy to say that knowing good an well you'll probably never get tested on it.  His resume is amazing, two national championships at DII, one MAC Championship, two BE Championships....he wins at ND it will be the culmination.  Brian's 3 years older than Skip, but Skip if he has serious success at USF will be building a similar resume.

BTW, Coach Kelly is arrogant, but so are most coaches.  To me, calling an arrogant man a '*****' personalizes it.  I don't equate one with the other necessarily, and calling an individual a '*****' you've got to know them personally...and I doubt anyone on this board knows him like that.  Kelly for sure is arrogant wants to beat everyone and he's uber-competitive.  If that's a ***** sign me up as a '*****' too.  Some of you, like me, don't like Kelly because he's a good coach, and we're 0-3 against him.  If USF was 3-0 you'd only get a mild chuckle from his demeanor.  I want to beat him bad because he's good, he's arrogant, and he's undefeated against us. 

Oh and mark me down as one that would love to have an arrogant head coach that wins all the time, and the opposition calls him a '*****'.  That means he's doing something right.

Agreed, but I don't know O'Leary and I would definitely call him a *****..............Kelly not so much.

• Content Count:  8

You guys crack me up!  I am one of the biggest USF homers there is, but this overconfidence is crazy!  First of all, Kelly might be a *****, but he is a better coach than Holtz at this point.  Holtz has no 10 win seasons or conference titles, Kelly has done that at multiple schools.

Second, ND has more talent than any team we'll play this year.  Floyd is one of the best two or three WR's in the country.  Te'o is among the best LB's in the country.  Smith is among the best S in the country.  Wood is a very dynamic back.  They have two freshman DE that would probably start for us and they are backup's there.

As for all this "they are slow" talk, did you watch them play Miami?  They simply embarrassed them.  That game was 33-3 after 3 quarters.  They also handled a Pitt team pretty easily we lost too.  Look, I think we can win 10 games this year, but this isn't probably one of them.  We are starting basically an entirely new line against one of the best front 7's we'll play all year, not to mention they run a 3-4, which can be tough to figure out where the rushers are coming from.

I think our D can keep the somewhat contained, but unless Daniels suddenly becomes a 65% passer, I don't see our O doing much in their first game together.  I hope for the best, but I see this one in the 31-13 loss kind of category.  Trust me, I hope not, but I like to stay realistic in my fandom.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Holtz has no 10 win seasons or conference titles, Kelly has done that at multiple schools.

just as a heads up, holtz won CUSA in 08 & 09'

Archived