• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Little ND insight from a player

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Holtz has no 10 win seasons or conference titles, Kelly has done that at multiple schools.

just as a heads up, holtz won CUSA in 08 & 09'

also, he had a 10 win season in 98 at UConn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz has no 10 win seasons or conference titles, Kelly has done that at multiple schools.

just as a heads up, holtz won CUSA in 08 & 09'

You are of course right, I was thinking they lost in the title games those years.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

You guys crack me up!  I am one of the biggest USF homers there is, but this overconfidence is crazy!  First of all, Kelly might be a *****, but he is a better coach than Holtz at this point.  Holtz has no 10 win seasons or conference titles, Kelly has done that at multiple schools.

Kelly is better than Holtz. I agree there.

Holtz hasn't won a conference title AND had a 10-win season at the same time. Both of his conference title years were 9 win seasons. He has done both separately though.

Second, ND has more talent than any team we'll play this year.  Floyd is one of the best two or three WR's in the country.  Te'o is among the best LB's in the country.  Smith is among the best S in the country.  Wood is a very dynamic back.  They have two freshman DE that would probably start for us and they are backup's there.

Are you sure about that? Pure talent Miami or WVU competes well with them.

Overall talent isn't what the game is about though.

As for all this "they are slow" talk, did you watch them play Miami?  They simply embarrassed them.  That game was 33-3 after 3 quarters.  They also handled a Pitt team pretty easily we lost too.

Did you keep up with any news last year? Their coach had just gotten fired and they lost to a team with a walk-on QB their game before. The wheels obviously were off the wagon by the time they both rolled into El Paso.

They handled Pitt easily? Wow, I'm not sure if you watched the game but they didn't even win by a TD. Pitt looked awful the beginning of last season OOC while they Sunseri was getting acclimated to play and they still kept it close.

Besides, if transitivity works then we're better than Pitt because Miami killed Pitt. But, we lost to Pitt. There must be a rip in the fabric of time...or maybe transitivity doesn't work in sports.

Look, I think we can win 10 games this year, but this isn't probably one of them.  We are starting basically an entirely new line against one of the best front 7's we'll play all year, not to mention they run a 3-4, which can be tough to figure out where the rushers are coming from.

They're a big front seven. I don't anticipate just lining up and pounding the ball with Murray/Scott against them successfully. That said, we should be able to spread them out if BJ has actually improved his ability to read a defense. If BJ/Shaw, or any of the receivers, get in open space ND will have a difficult time catching us.

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

I did watch most of their game against Pitt, they were up big before Pitt came back a bit at the end.    Yes, Miami was in turmoil, but no team wants to get embarrassed and that is what happened. 

And yes, Miami and W. Virginia might have similar talent, and how did we do against them last year?  W. Virginia pretty much dominated our O, although our D did well that game, and Miami probably should have one if Jacory Harris wasn't a complete idiot with 5 seconds left, granted BJ left at halftime. 

Look, I think we'll win the Big East this year and probably get 9 or 10 wins.  I am just not sure this is one of them.  We've surprised some teams before, so certainly anything can happen, I am just not counting on it. 

I do think we can do some damage in space, my main question is can our O-Line give Daniels enough time to get the ball out?

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

and Miami probably should have one if Jacory Harris wasn't a complete idiot with 5 seconds left, granted BJ left at halftime.

Yeah, you're a USF homer alright.  ::)

We probably should've "one" vs. Syracuse if BJ didn't miss everyone of his broken plays that game, and there were multiple.

See what I did there? Gave a plausible explanation why we lost. Jacory was a complete idiot, and he is a complete idiot, go look at his INT numbers. It's not a surprise that it happened.

Saturday night ND might be saying, "maybe if we had used 4 lineman, because we're not a true 3-4 defense yet, we could've contained D. Scott and would've won."

Let them play the game.

Archived