• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is Like Christmas UM & UA struck down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I guess I just need to make it clearer to you: I think the university of miami should get the death penalty for at least a year. I think every administrator/coach who willingly was part of this or turned their head should be banned from NCAA institutions for at least four years and I think every player who participated should be barred from receiving a sports scholarship from any NCAA institution-ever (they can play for all I care, but they should learn that things aren't free).

Does that make my position more clear?

that I agree with.

Miami's entire compliance department should  be fired immediately whether or not they knew. they are the ones responsible for policing this sort of thing.

I actually think the compliance department is one of the most troublesome aspects of the report. They knew what was going on, tried to stop it and either were too apathetic to finish the job or someone higher than them actually told them to stop making such a big deal out of it. I don't know how powerful you have to be at an institution to tell the compliance to cut it out; that's scary for the state of miami football.

Butch davis should be band for two scandals at two different schools

Rock band? Country band?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I may be getting ahead of myself but..........  If Miami is given the death penalty (fingers crossed), what does taht do to their status in the ACC?  Can they be dropped and perhaps replaced by another Florida school?   ::)

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I may be getting ahead of myself but..........  If Miami is given the death penalty (fingers crossed), what does taht do to their status in the ACC?  Can they be dropped and perhaps replaced by another Florida school?   ::)

Please see SMU here. Dragged the  Southwest conference into obscurity, with help from others, only to return as CUSA meat. Went 25 years between bowl appearances. I think that it is a process much like letting a new member in. Some majority vote. Don't be surprised if the ACC drops them like a hot rock. . They have enough other problems to deal with.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Why wouldn't you punish the institution regardless of collateral damage?  If Coca Cola sells you coke full of poison and nearly kills you, you sue coke right?  Even if they people at the top or who were responsible are gone right?  Right, because the institution is considered as a person.  If a person does something wrong, you punish them.  Here UM, the compliance department, the administration, coaches, players and a fistful of others all turned a blind eye.  They all deserve to be punished.  In particular, the University as a whole  That is how you hold universities accountable.  You don't let them get away with whatever the hell they want because the worst offenders aren't around anymore. 

UM deserves everything, EVERYTHING, it gets.  Nuke 'em.

Boy I hope we never have a rogue booster and a couple of coaches who want to make a name for themselves. they could destroy us according to you guys.

a financial lawsuit isn't anything close to the death penalty in this case. You want to fine the university for it's actions? I never said not to. Go for it. hit their pocketbook.

Do you think we should shut down coke for the actions of a few employees? basically we cripple the company. put all those people out of work and destroy all that shareholder wealth for the actions of a few people?

eh it's only collateral damage. all those innocent employees and shareholders need to be held accountable because they worked for a company that "allowed" a few rogue employees to poison people.

If you honestly believe that then you have no sense of fair punishment. Because that's what you are talking about concerning Miami when you talk death penalty.

the people involved in the poisoning should be held accountable. just like all the coaches, administrators, players and the booster. like I said ban them for 5 years from any ncaa sanctioned institution. you basically destroy their careers.

the death penalty or shutting down coke does not punish the guilty. it only punishes those that are left after all the wrong doing. hell that's all any ncaa sanctions do. they need to punish the perpetrators. not the institutions. when coaches are worried about ruining their career they will think twice about letting this happen.they don't worry about it now when they know they can leave and get a better paying job elsewhere.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

IMO - No bowl game for 5yrs., current players involved are dismissed and banned from NCAA schools, Miami cannot use those scholarships to replace them and a loss of 15-20 scholarships overall, coaches involved also banned from NCAA schools.

Question, with only two open scholarships left for USF, who would we look at?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

IMO - No bowl game for 5yrs., current players involved are dismissed and banned from NCAA schools, Miami cannot use those scholarships to replace them and a loss of 15-20 scholarships overall, coaches involved also banned from NCAA schools.

Nothing will happen this season.  Miami will more than likely suspend the players named in the report once they get their official notice from the NCAA.

It will be at least 6 months (probably longer) before any sort of penalties are dished out.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Nothing will happen this season.  Miami will more than likely suspend the players named in the report once they get their official notice from the NCAA.

It will be at least 6 months (probably longer) before any sort of penalties are dished out.

You watch, all 12 will play this year. The NCAA will not notify them till the main season is over so they will not appear in a bowl game if they make it. 

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

There will always be a danger of 'rogue' boosters and athletic departments and coaches are certainly using the incident with Miami as a teaching point as to what the ramifications can be.

Miami has at least this going for it:

mistakesdemotivationalposter.jpg

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

As of right now are their players cleared to play by the NCAA?

Archived