• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is Like Christmas UM & UA struck down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I guess I just need to make it clearer to you: I think the university of miami should get the death penalty for at least a year. I think every administrator/coach who willingly was part of this or turned their head should be banned from NCAA institutions for at least four years and I think every player who participated should be barred from receiving a sports scholarship from any NCAA institution-ever (they can play for all I care, but they should learn that things aren't free).

Does that make my position more clear?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

you thinking the institution should be punished is akin to punishing the mall.

Please don't ever take any logic based course. Punishing both of us would be like punishing Miami in this case.

If it makes it easier imagine that it was you, me, your mom, your grandmother, the Pope, Jesus Christ, a Yeti and Boris Yeltsin that were at the mall.

I took quite a few logic classes in college.

how does an institution(Miami) = you or me?

in your analogy

you=booster ponzi guy

me=coaches and anyone else that knew and did nothing about it

I said both the booster and those that stood by and watched should be punished.

How'd you do in those logic courses?

You, me and everyone else who knew about it constitute an entity, an organization if you will. The whole entity is going down in this case. In the case of Miami, these are hired representatives of the University of Miami -- they are essentially acting on behalf of every single student and employee at that organization. Think of them as the Senate or the House.

I did just fine, thank you.

punishing institutions doesn't deter the crime. if you think it does then you are mistaken. several of the coaches that are accessories to the crime are now working for Alabama and uofl. they will get no sanctions. Only the institution they left. what is going to stop the next corrupt college coach from walzting in , destroying a program and walking away with millions?

How is this relevant to whether the institute should be punished or not? Please find one part where I said the coaches shouldn't be punished?

and if you noticed, I too, said that the institution should be punished. I just think the coaches, administrators, players, and booster should be punished more severely.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I guess I just need to make it clearer to you: I think the university of miami should get the death penalty for at least a year. I think every administrator/coach who willingly was part of this or turned their head should be banned from NCAA institutions for at least four years and I think every player who participated should be barred from receiving a sports scholarship from any NCAA institution-ever (they can play for all I care, but they should learn that things aren't free).

that I agree with.

Miami's entire compliance department should  be fired immediately whether or not they knew. they are the ones responsible for policing this sort of thing.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

a fair punishment would be  if after investigating , the coaches, players, boosters and administrators that were found guilty have a 5 year ban from working for or contributing to any NCAA affiliated program.

So how is that fair treatment to the USC fans? The miami program itself receives no negative repercussion, USC loses scholarships and can't participate in bowls? Also, all the involved players learn that they can willfully break the rules and it will only hurt others.

I didn't say anything about USC. I'm talking in general.

Anybody with knowledge on Carrol's staff should be banned from the NCAA for 5 years. all compliance people should immediately be banned whether they knew or not. it's their job to police these things. all the players involved, gone immediately. start penalizing the people who did wrong. if reggie bush wants to risk being banned by taking those gifts than that's his choice. if he is caught his freshman year he is never able to play again. he never makes the nfl. that's a deterrent. you think stars care now? they're willing to take the risks because like Pryor the NCAA bends over backwards to allow them to play in a bowl. the other 4 guys that just get a suspension should be banned for 5 years. I guarantee they think twice before doing it.

Hell the president at Miami should be fired and banned immediately if she knew what was going on.

I honestly don't care that you weren't talking about USC -- I was. The reason I don't care is that you clearly live in a fantasy world with pixies and unicorns. If the US President attacks Russia, it's not just the President that is feeling the repercussions... that's why putting the right people in charge is so important.

Just as you think the Miami fans are important, the USC fans are important too. You have to be fair to everyone and the NCAA has established guidelines that are setup as standards. Maybe they could just fire a few people if that was the norm, but it isn't. If I steal a car and I get a $10 fine and you steal a car and they kill your sister, there is a serious precedent problem in that legal system.

the SEC has been punishing CEOs that have committed fraud(like our current governor) by fining their companies. it's stupid. it doesn't deter a CEO from committing fraud. they walk away with millions while their companies get fined and worse. it's stupid to punish an institution.

Can I end this with an insult? You my friend are retarded. Your precious Miami probably won't get the Death Penalty, so relax. I don't get why you're sticking up for that ridiculous school anyway.

you sound very mature....

I actually can't stand Miami but what i can't stand more are coaches that cheat and get away with it. 2 of them landed at Alabama with cush jobs. Another is a master recruiter at our competitor uofL. you think coaches are going to stop cheating when they can just leave and get even better jobs because they are such great recruiters?

you may think you look tough hurling insults but it actually makes you look unintelligent.

No, I feel good about the insult. I guarantee you if Louisville finds any dirt on Hurtt, then they'll give him the boot. The fans are already turning on him and the same goes to whoever is at Alabama. They won't be able to keep them on staff if they find they were knowingly involved with Shapiro. 

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

that I agree with.

Miami's entire compliance department should  be fired immediately whether or not they knew. they are the ones responsible for policing this sort of thing.

I actually think the compliance department is one of the most troublesome aspects of the report. They knew what was going on, tried to stop it and either were too apathetic to finish the job or someone higher than them actually told them to stop making such a big deal out of it. I don't know how powerful you have to be at an institution to tell the compliance to cut it out; that's scary for the state of miami football.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

or the compliance dept was too scared of shaprio coming to kick their ass....like he tried to do infront of everyone in the program at the orange bowl....lol

and they still let the guy come around for 2 years.....as long as the check clears

i do think it might be time to move this thread though

• Content Count:  201

Why wouldn't you punish the institution regardless of collateral damage?  If Coca Cola sells you coke full of poison and nearly kills you, you sue coke right?  Even if they people at the top or who were responsible are gone right?  Right, because the institution is considered as a person.  If a person does something wrong, you punish them.  Here UM, the compliance department, the administration, coaches, players and a fistful of others all turned a blind eye.  They all deserve to be punished.  In particular, the University as a whole  That is how you hold universities accountable.  You don't let them get away with whatever the hell they want because the worst offenders aren't around anymore. 

UM deserves everything, EVERYTHING, it gets.  Nuke 'em.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Let's beat Miami two years in a row.  What do you think?  Time to take this thing over.

• Content Count:  771

that I agree with.

I actually think the compliance department is one of the most troublesome aspects of the report. They knew what was going on, tried to stop it and either were too apathetic to finish the job or someone higher than them actually told them to stop making such a big deal out of it. I don't know how powerful you have to be at an institution to tell the compliance to cut it out; that's scary for the state of miami football.

Butch davis should be band for two scandals at two different schools

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Butch davis should be band for two scandals at two different schools

Butch Davis left Miami after the 2000 season. This all started in 2002. So ... no.

Archived