• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lamarlin Wiggins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

ESPN's recruiting webpage is such a joke. They have him rated as the #115 best WR in the country. There's no way there are 114 better WR's than him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg Auman

Jun 28, 2011 2:35 PM

Our preps writers are working on story. It's clear he has some academic work to do, but also hard to write someone completely off when they have an entire school year to improve grades and test scores.

Here it is:

...Wiggins has committed to USF, choosing the Bulls over offers from a treasure trove of schools like Florida State, Florida, LSU and Texas Tech, Plant City assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Gerold Dickens said Tuesday.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Wiggins is rated the nation's No. 18 receiver prospect by Rivals.com and is listed as a four-start recruit. As a junior, Wiggins led the Raiders with 40 catches for 649 yards and 5 touchdown receptions. He also returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

Asked if Wiggins' pledge to USF was strong, Dickens said that Wiggins would likely entertain other offers, but that he's solid to the Bulls.

"I know he's taking his tests right now and is doing what he needs to do to get ready," Dickens said. "I think that's one of the reasons he wanted to get this done and out of the way, so he really focus on school and his senior year."

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/plant-citys-wiggins-commits-usf/9995/

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Hope he gets those grades in order....has a great offer list LSU, Miami, Texas Tech...

Holtz is building a solid class early

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Free story.

USF adds another one

By Chris Nee, Recruiting Analyst 11 hours, 7 minutes ago

Plant City (Fla.) four-star athlete LaMarlin Wiggins has said for the past few months that the hometown South Florida Bulls were either amongst his top schools or his outright leader. During that time, Wiggins was playing coy with the real truth of the situation - he was already a Bull.

“I committed to USF a while back,†Wiggins said Tuesday morning. “I committed during the spring. I just wasn’t public with it, I didn’t tell anybody. I did tell the coaching staff though. When I committed I talked to all of the coaches there.â€

Throughout the process, the 6-foot-2, 181-pound athlete has developed a close relationship with his primary recruiter.

“Coach Shank (Steve Shankweiler) was my main guy,†Wiggins said. “He is a great guy. He checks on me all the time to make sure I am doing the right thing and that my grades are right. We stay close. We talk almost every day.â€

Wiggins said he had a number of reasons for opting for the Bulls over a number of other offers.

“They are my hometown team and I didn’t want to go out of state,†Wiggins said. “I like that I am used to the weather, because I really don’t like cold weather at all. It is just a great atmosphere for me to play in. I have a chance to play as a true freshman.â€

While he is able to contribute at a number of positions on either side of the ball, Wiggins will be playing his preferred position at South Florida.

“I will be a wide receiver there,†Wiggins said. “They have just said that I am a great player and that I can help their offense be even better. They said that they can help me get even better.â€

Wiggins, who has been participating in a number of 7-on-7 tournaments with his Plant City teammates, says he is done with the process and positive he has find the right place to call his future home.

“I am definitely going to USF,†Wiggins said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=rivals-1235651

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Free story.

USF adds another one

By Chris Nee, Recruiting Analyst 11 hours, 7 minutes ago

Plant City (Fla.) four-star athlete LaMarlin Wiggins has said for the past few months that the hometown South Florida Bulls were either amongst his top schools or his outright leader. During that time, Wiggins was playing coy with the real truth of the situation - he was already a Bull.

“I committed to USF a while back,†Wiggins said Tuesday morning. “I committed during the spring. I just wasn’t public with it, I didn’t tell anybody. I did tell the coaching staff though. When I committed I talked to all of the coaches there.â€

Throughout the process, the 6-foot-2, 181-pound athlete has developed a close relationship with his primary recruiter.

“Coach Shank (Steve Shankweiler) was my main guy,†Wiggins said. “He is a great guy. He checks on me all the time to make sure I am doing the right thing and that my grades are right. We stay close. We talk almost every day.â€

Wiggins said he had a number of reasons for opting for the Bulls over a number of other offers.

“They are my hometown team and I didn’t want to go out of state,†Wiggins said. “I like that I am used to the weather, because I really don’t like cold weather at all. It is just a great atmosphere for me to play in. I have a chance to play as a true freshman.â€

While he is able to contribute at a number of positions on either side of the ball, Wiggins will be playing his preferred position at South Florida.

“I will be a wide receiver there,†Wiggins said. “They have just said that I am a great player and that I can help their offense be even better. They said that they can help me get even better.â€

Wiggins, who has been participating in a number of 7-on-7 tournaments with his Plant City teammates, says he is done with the process and positive he has find the right place to call his future home.

“I am definitely going to USF,†Wiggins said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=rivals-1235651

Great quotes from Wiggins. You have to love that level of commitment. He is gonna be a big time receiver. Welcome to USF LaMarlin.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

They had his commitment scrolling across the bottom of ESPN last night, pretty cool.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Doesn't like cold weather?  Someone better tell him half our BE games are in cold weather.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Doesn't like cold weather?  Someone better tell him half our BE games are in cold weather.

Depends on the year.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Depends on the year.

I really hope that he does everything he can to get qualified and I hope the academic committee throws us a bone

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

I have no doubt the committee will give us the bone...