• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lamarlin Wiggins

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully this kid can get his grades up. I am not a fan of recruiting these types of players who may or may not be eligible.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He has atleast one willing tutor

C_BiVv Chris Bivins

Not the wideout? RT @joshnewberg247: Hearing #USF's latest commit is a sign and place. May not even be eligible to play HS ball this fall.

7 minutes ago

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

@C_BiVv he has work to do.

6 minutes ago

c_bivv chris bivins

@joshnewberg247 Ill help him if he needsit, #BullFamily.. No man left behind

2 minutes ago

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Starting to love Bivins

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We will get him cracking on the books. I say he get's in on schedule.

Plant City’s Wiggins picks USF

Posted Jun 28, 2011 by Adam Adkins

Updated Jun 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM

USF did a good job of securing two top receivers from Hillsborough County for the 2011 recruiting class in Jefferson’s Andre Davis and Robinson’s Ruben Gonzalez, and Skip Holtz and his staff have landed another top local receiver from their own backyard for 2012, getting a verbal pledge from Plant City’s Lamarlin Wiggins.

Wiggins, rated a 4-star recruit by Rivals.com, also had reported offers from Virginia, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Cincinnati and UCLA, among others, but said he ultimately chose the Bulls over Texas Tech. Wiggins is USF’s first commitment from Hillsborough County for 2012, and the Bulls seventh reported commitment for the class, including the third in the past week.

“It’s a great program for me to be in,†said Wiggins, who is rated a 3-star recruit by Scout.com. “They’re coming up, they’re competing against big-time schools, and they are a big-time school, and I wanted to be a part of that.â€

Wiggins, listed at 6-foot-2 and 182 pounds, was Plant City’s leading receiver in 2010 with 40 receptions for 649 yards and five touchdowns.

“I’m a big team player,†Wiggins said. “When I’m not getting the ball, I’m blocking. And when I’m getting the ball, I’m making the play. I step up when I have to and make the big-time plays. I do everything I’m supposed to do. I get my assignment and I do it.â€

Wiggins insists that his recruitment is over and that he won’t look elsewhere, and said his focus now is on his academics. He admits he still has some work to do in that area, but is confident he will get done what is necessary.

“I still have some work to do in the classroom, but I’m focused now on what I have to do and I’ve got a great group of people supporting me, so everything’s going to be good,†he said.

USF also is recruiting Wiggins’ quarterback at Plant City, Bennie Coney, and Wiggins said he will turn to becoming a recruiter for the Bulls in trying to convince his teammate to joining him at USF.

“I don’t know where his mind’s at right now, but I’m going to keep trying to get him to come over there with me,†Wiggins said.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/plant-citys-wiggins-picks-usf/

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

USF also is recruiting Wiggins’ quarterback at Plant City, Bennie Coney, and Wiggins said he will turn to becoming a recruiter for the Bulls in trying to convince his teammate to joining him at USF.

“I don’t know where his mind’s at right now, but I’m going to keep trying to get him to come over there with me,†Wiggins said.

This is what i love to hear

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

It's great we got another recruit locally. I just hope he can get in on time. We need to get more guys locally to stick around.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

TBO_USFBulls Adam Adkins

@nascyUSF I had heard of academic concerns, which is why I asked him about situation, but Wiggins expects to be in good standing.

1 hour ago

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg Auman

Jun 28, 2011 2:35 PM

Our preps writers are working on story. It's clear he has some academic work to do, but also hard to write someone completely off when they have an entire school year to improve grades and test scores.