• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron QB Jupiter HS, Jupiter, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Trick Shots,  I don't see anything wrong with the way he throws...

Trick shot videos are hilarious to me when people use them to validate a QB's accuracy, you know because they can't be edited or anything.   I'm very happy to have Tyler as a bull I just hate trick shot videos as much as I hate videos of guys jumping out of pools, over cars, etc. 

I enjoyed watching it, they're just something fun for high school kids to do with friends. He's going to be a stud QB for us and hopefully the best QB we will have when he's done leaving his mark here. But I agree, these videos don't validate accuracy, it's just awesome video to watch. I was impressed when he threw those 3 passes at the goal post in succession without missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Tyler went 12/26 for 83 yards and threw 3 interceptions last night against Dwyer.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2011/09/11/defense-gets-dwyer-on-track-and-other-thoughts-from-dwyer-jupiter/

Sounds like he was running for his life most of the game. 

Dwyer (1-1) got into the backfield early and often to disrupt Jupiter’s heralded quarterback Tyler Cameron. The defense recorded five sacks, six tackles for loss and five turnovers. Jupiter totaled 88 yards of offense and 11 first downs, but most of the fresh sets of downs came late in the game.

In other words, Dwyer’s D got after it. D-tackle Mike Minns had two sacks, two tackles for loss and a recovered fumble. Jelani Jean-Louis, Malik Brown and Shawn Boone each picked up sacks of their own. Oh, and Julian Whigham got two interceptions and DeAndre Bozeman got one. For those counting at home, that’s four interceptions in two games for Whigham, a Syracuse commit.

“Those coaches really know what they’re doing,†Dwyer quarterback Faton Bauta said of his team’s defensive coaching staff. “(Defensive coordinator Bobby) Sifrit is well prepared every week coming in. He knows exactly what the other team is doing. They work hard, too, and the scout team — we practice hard together. The offense and defense make each other better.â€

A weight has been lifted. I wrote about it in my game report on Saturday night, but I want to expand on how much the win meant to Bauta, Dwyer’s starting quarterback who transferred from Brooklyn in the offseason. The senior didn’t have a perfect game by any stretch. He’d be the first to admit it. (In fact, he did. He said he wasn’t happy with how he played.) But he helped his team win, and he was happy about that.

“Faton’s a competitor,†Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said. “He works harder than anybody and he puts too much pressure on himself. He wants to win every time.â€

Bauta (Rivals.com)

Bauta said, “A win is always good. I’m glad we got it. Now we got the ball rolling. We know we’re gonna continue to win and continue to succeed. We have a lot of things to clean up. Those two losses, yeah, the pressure was starting to build up a little bit, but still, I block it out and just focus on what I have to do. That’s what I do, just focus on getting better with my team.â€

Bauta was 6-of-13 for 77 yards. He ran for a touchdown and passed for two. He didn’t really make any glaring mistakes, but he still appeared a bit skittish in the pocket. As the season wears on, that will improve and he won’t miss open receivers or panic as much as he has thus far. You have to wonder how much of that is affected by playing Miami Central and Glades Central in his first two games in South Florida. That’s like playing the New York Jets defense two weeks in a row to start your season.

Despite the tough start, the 6-foot-3, 225-pound quarterback said the change of scenery has taken some getting used to, and he’s starting to feel more and more confident each week.

“It’s a football state,†Bauta said. “Speed is definitely faster. I’ve noticed that. I got used to it pretty quickly. I know I’m not the fastest guy, but mentally, the speed of the game is good for me. These kids love coming out and playing. It’s a lifestyle down here.â€

A good barometer for Jupiter. Jupiter coach Charlie Persson talked about his team’s enthusiasm (again, in my game story) and said he was proud that his team hung around against a talented Dwyer team. He also nodded to his defense, which limited Dwyer’s fully armed offensive attack to 143 yards passing and 10 first downs. Jupiter got two sacks and forced a turnover, but the defense was called on too much and Dwyer’s running game hustled out 181 yards.

“We played very well on defense,†Persson said. “This is a good test for us really to get ready for district play. We needed this game. It’s a good game for us. We solved one problem, we solved the effort problem. Now we have to solve the communication problem.â€

Cameron

That’s fair — Cameron seemed to be caught off-guard on a few snaps, including one he took right in the gut before realizing the play was broken and running for his life. The Warriors fumbled four times and lost two, and that’s a big part of Persson was talking about.

Penalties and special teams concern Daniels. Dwyer gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown against Glades Central and a punt return for a score against Miami Central. On Saturday, the Panthers had two extra points blocked and muffed a third extra point with a bad snap. Not good. Granted, it didn’t really matter, but that kind of problem could rear its ugly head at the wrong time.

“That’s just inexcusable,†Daniels said. “We’ll have to look at film. Somebody’s obviously giving up their inside gaps, which is inexcusable. We’ll make changes on that.â€

(I should mention Johnnie Dixon’s 36-yard punt return for a score that pushed Dwyer’s lead to 19-0. That was a positive. So were Bobby Puyol’s six touchbacks. Plus, Jupiter started three drives inside its own 20.)

But then there were the penalties. Dwyer got so many, I ran out of space on my stat sheet for them. The Panthers finished with 18 for 141 yards. On Jupiter’s only scoring drive, I counted four, and a fifth one came on the point after.

“You tell me,†Daniels said. “I don’t know what happened there. We have to be more disciplined. The first two games we had three penalties and now we come out and have 25 penalties. I don’t know what we did wrong since Monday. Then again, we had three penalties and got our asses kicked in the first two games and then we come out on top here. I don’t know what to tell you.â€

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this. This can be a good test for him. He will have good games and bad ones in college

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is what happens when a non elite team plays a powerhouse like Dwyer, not really concerned with his line from this game. 

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

You could put Drew Breese back there and if the D is there at the same time he finishes his six or seven step drop, HIS stats would not be good. And that's assuming the recievers are where they're supposed to be.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Guess that Oline of his finally let it happen. 

jeffgreer jeffgreer

Jupiter QB Tyler Cameron is out of the game with an injured left shoulder

God what a ****** 24 hours

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

jeffgreer jeffgreer

God what a ***** 24 hours

Is he a lefty or righty?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

jeffgreer jeffgreer

God what a ***** 24 hours

Is he a lefty or righty?

Lefty

Archived