• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron QB Jupiter HS, Jupiter, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USFBullsEYE USFBullsEYE.com

by RivalsCNee

Cameron: "I'm recruiting my butt off (for USF) right now". He said he'll be at USF practice today.

3 hours ago

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

955423.jpg

Tyler Cameron at USF yesterday

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Like the sound of his coaches. We need to fill our WR fleet like Coach Persson talks about. Man it's almost FB season, I'm getting juiced.

Jupiter QB Tyler Cameron looks sharp; Glades Central adjusting quickly to new coach, new quarterback

Monday, August 08, 2011

by The Palm Beach Post

JUPITER - Jupiter's marquee player is quarterback Tyler Cameron, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound senior who last week committed to South Florida. Jupiter coach Charlie Persson calls Cameron "special," but his receiver corps gets more accolades. "They're the best I've ever had," Persson said. "We go six, seven deep with interchangeable receivers."

Senior J.D. Davis, one of the county's most prolific pass-catchers last year, can play in several spots. Sophomore Glenn Collier and his half-brother, freshman Markeith Dokes, turn heads with their speed and leaping ability. Seniors Brent Boyd and Charlie Giles are solid and potentially productive. Tight end Collier Logan, a senior transfer from Benjamin, looks like a reliable target.

The Warriors clearly are Cameron's team, as they were last year when he led them in rushing and passing yards. The lefty looked Friday-night ready Monday, throwing strikes in tight and airmailing several pretty deep passes. "I think we have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs after winning our district," Cameron said. "I'm really excited about this year."

Jupiter's offensive line returns one senior (6-5, 240-pound Chas Lofquist) and four juniors with experience, including right guard Leroy Johnson (6-0, 305) and right tackle Frank Dombrowski (6-6, 255).

Persson has new blood on the sidelines in former Lake Worth assistant Doug Uccellini (running backs), ex-Florida Gators and NFL quarterback Eric Kresser (offensive coordinator) and German native Rene Neunzig (linebackers), a teammate of Kresser's in NFL Europe who spent his first morning on staff instructing the junior varsity linebackers. "I don't think they know what I'm talking about," Neunzig joked.

After the morning session broke up, Cameron was the first to sprint to a trash barrel filled with ice water and plunge in waist-deep. His teammates followed, shouting, hollering and exiting the barrel on stiff legs.

"It's crazy," Cameron said of the experience. "You get in there and your legs start to hurt. Then you go numb. It's so refreshing, though. I don't think anyone's going to have any problems with the heat.

http://www.pbgametime.com/news/park-vista-football-making-the-transition-to-the-spread-offense/122625/

Video from yesterday with Cameron.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Tyler has been getting some camera time right now on ESPN..

It is the Elite 11 on ESPN

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

They kept showing his face and but hardly any throws by him  >:(

Nice to see one of our recruits in these types of big name camps.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

They kept showing his face and but hardly any throws by him  >:(

Nice to see one of our recruits in these types of big name camps.

He didn't have a great camp from what I've read. His game is not well suited to the passing QB structure of the camps. He is gonna be a beast under center. Kind of like Tebow but without the magic underpants.

Tyler started off slow but improved.

Tyler Cameron (Jupiter, Fla./Jupiter)

6-3, 216 pounds

Perhaps no player in attendance made more of an improvement from Day 1 to Day 2 than Cameron. The physically impressive lefty went from throwing with uncertainty on Monday to grippin' and rippin' on Tuesday. He looked confident and sure of himself and, while he is quiet and mild mannered, he goes about his business quite seriously. He showed zip and the ability to display touch, which we did not see from him on Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6786370/elite-11-finals-day-2-recap

He didn't make the final 11, but some of that might have been the result of reported drops by his WR's.

FWIW, Tyler and Duaron BigDawg Williams are now friends.  ;D

Podcast.

PLAY NOW Rosner's Roundtable

Added: 8/5/11

Friday, August 5th, 2011 - Quarterbacks Tyler Cameron from Jupiter High and Kedric Bostic from Jupiter Christian, join Alex Petakas and Jason Pugh in the Rosner's Roundtable to talk about their college decisions, high school two-a-days and more.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=73&c=568&f=139741

Archived