• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron QB Jupiter HS, Jupiter, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Free story from Scout:

"I've committed to USF and I'm excited about my decision," said Cameron. "I have a great realtionship with the coaching staff and its a good QB situation. I just felt very comfortable there."

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1091612.html

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Great pickup and can't wait to see what this guy can do

Tis is from the guy who I saw first tweeted about his commit. As a local HS reporter, I knew that he would be covering the event in person.  :D

Jupiter’s Tyler Cameron (USF) and Jupiter Christian’s Kedric Bostic (UCF) staying in-state

by Matt Porter

Two of the top quarterbacks in this year’s senior class decided to play college football in their home state.

During a short ceremony at Jupiter Community Park, Jupiter’s Tyler Cameron chose South Florida, while Jupiter Christian’s Kedric Bostic committed to Central Florida.

Cameron, rated a four-star prospect by Rivals, picked the Bulls over LSU, Illinois and Purdue. He said he wants to make his mark on a rising program.

“They have the best recruiting class in the Big East,†Cameron said. “They’re going to keep getting bigger and bigger players. Before you know it, I think they’re going to be right up there with Miami, Florida and Florida State.â€

“A lot of kids feel they can do big things there,†he said.

Cameron, who plans to graduate early from Jupiter and redshirt next fall, enters USF behind senior starter B.J. Daniels. Cameron would play the 2012 season as a redshirt freshman.

At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Cameron is a threat with his arm and a bullish ballcarrier. The centerpiece of Jupiter’s offense as the Warriors have adapted from the Wing-T to the spread over the last two seasons, Cameron says he’s fast adapting to the pro-style offense installed under new offensive coordinator Eric Kresser, a former NFL quarterback.

Rated a top-250 national prospect according to Rivals, Cameron is the top-rated area QB and No. 6 overall prospect on the first preseason PBGametime Big Board. Despite missing time with a shoulder injury, he threw for 821 yards on 52-of-99 passing, with seven touchdowns and seven picks. He was the Warriors’ leading rusher, with 478 yards and six TDs on 100 carries.

Bostic chose UCF over Princeton and Dartmouth. The Knights, who earned their first top-25 berth last year, have sophomore starter Jeff Godfrey and two more scholarship QBs on the roster. Bostic, who said he plans to study either engineering or medicine, wants to try to earn reps next fall in UCF’s spread offense.

“I’m going in there to compete from day one,†he said.

Bostic (6-3, 175) is a pro-style passer and rated a two-star QB by Rivals. He holds the distinction of being the area’s highest-rated returning starter. He completed 80 of 124 passes last season for 1,354 yards, 18 touchdowns and two interceptions, earning a 134.2 passer rating. Like Cameron, he was a second-team All-Area selection in his junior season.

After speaking in front of about 250 parents, coaches and youth football players at Jupiter Community Park, Bostic pulled on a UCF hat and Cameron donned a USF cap. Longtime friends who played youth football in the Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association, both said it was important to announce their college choices in the same park at which they played growing up.

“This is where it all began,†Cameron said. “It’s good for these kids to know that we did it, and all of them can do it.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2011/08/02/jupiters-tyler-cameron-usf-and-jupiter-christians-kedric-bostic-ucf-staying-in-state/

From Greg:

AUGUST 02, 2011

Four-star Jupiter QB Cameron commits to Bulls

USF got the big recruiting news it was hoping for today, as Tyler Cameron, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound quarterback from Jupiter thought by some to be the top quarterback in the state for 2012, committed to the Bulls, choosing USF over LSU, Purdue and Illinois.

"It's a program on the rise, and I feel like I can do a lot of big things there," said Cameron, who announced his decision on Tuesday night. "

Cameron, who will join the Bulls in January as an early enrollee, is a key addition to a recruiting class already ranked as high as No. 20 nationally by Rivals.com -- that site rates him as a four-star recruit, making him the third four-star committed to USF, along with tight end Sean Price and receiver LaMarlin Wiggins.

Cameron is rated as the No. 6 dual-threat quarterback in the country by Rivals, and he's the state's No. 18 overall prospect according to the Orlando Sentinel. It's the second year in a row the Bulls will have an early-enrollee quarterback, as Milton's Matt Floyd joined the team this past January.

Cameron was recruited to USF by quarterbacks coach Peter Vaas and defensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick, who recruits his area. Asked for his strengths on the field, Cameron cited "my ability to run the ball and throw the ball. I feel I can throw the ball as well as anyone. I just make things happen."

Cameron's commitment could help the Bulls make the most of their remaining scholarships -- with only 14 seniors on scholarship this fall, the Bulls only have four more scholarships available, plus whatever comes available through attrition.

"I definitely want to help with recruiting, to get some more good players like they already have," he said.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/four-star-jupiter-qb-cameron-commits-bulls

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yes ... he will be coming in at the perfect time to battle Floyd & maybe Eveld.  That can only benefit the team. 

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

How do you think Floyd feels about this?

How do you think Floyd feels about this?

I don't think it bothers him at all. There is always going to be competition and he doesn't shy away from it.

This the same picture I tried posting earlier.

420110802170747003_t607.JPG

KEDRIC BOSTIC III/Special to the Jupiter Courier

Jupiter Christian School quarterback Kedric Bostic (seated, right) applauds as his best friend, Jupiter High School quarterback Tyler Cameron (seated, left) announces his decision to accept a scholarship offer to play at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Moments earlier, Bostic announced he was going to the University of Central Florida in Orlando.

Story:

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/aug/02/score-double-win-for-2-friends/

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

These guys are right around the corner from me. I am gonna take in a few games this fall and watch TC crush em.

Archived