• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami football won't schedule Bulls after 2013

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Oh the irony. I never got why some USF fans didn't want the UCF series b/c of the 'bad fans' yet want to extend a series with Miami which have the most degenerate fans in college football and it's not even close. An away game at UCF is much nicer environment than Joe Robbie Stadium. Miami's rivals will always be FSU even though the Noles will always consider the Gators their main rival. Miami banks on national rivalries but they need to become a power again for those to matter

Wins over Miami would actually mean something for USF, so it is worthwhile to put up with their ******b*g fans. Wins over minor league teams don't mean ****, so there's no reason to to put up with the UCF losers.

Miami is now a middle of the pack ACC team and haven't done anything since joining the ACC. The whole Big 3 term is outdated

but being part of an AQ BCS league is not outdated.....  ;D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

Oh the irony. I never got why some USF fans didn't want the UCF series b/c of the 'bad fans' yet want to extend a series with Miami which have the most degenerate fans in college football and it's not even close. An away game at UCF is much nicer environment than Joe Robbie Stadium. Miami's rivals will always be FSU even though the Noles will always consider the Gators their main rival. Miami banks on national rivalries but they need to become a power again for those to matter

I, for one, have always been for a continuation of the USF-UCF series but I really think that UCF fan needs to look in the mirror before they label other fans degenerate.  I went with my daughter(USF student) to the 2008 game and the language used in our direction would make Richard Pryor look like a Disney Channel comic.  Hopefully the UCF fan can get some class before the series returns someday soon.

• Content Count:  5,241

You can't base a rivalry or any football series match ups on the fans. Its only competition and Money that matter when scheduling a team.

EVERY college football team has very lousy fans. What matters if is there enough fans that step up and be hospitable.

Example: Auburn.  I encountered the usual handful of bad fans, but they're hospitable good sport fans far outweighed the bad.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You can't base a rivalry or any football series match ups on the fans. Its only competition and Money that matter when scheduling a team.

EVERY college football team has very lousy fans. What matters if is there enough fans that step up and be hospitable.

Example: Auburn.  I encountered the usual handful of bad fans, but they're hospitable good sport fans far outweighed the bad.

The thing that sets UCF apart though is that they are 0-4 against USF but still act like they are the kings between the two schools.  I've never ever seen another fanbase with an imagined superiority complex such as the typical UCF fanbase has.  You are right though, Auburn had a few bad apples, like everyone's fanbase had, but after we beat Auburn the fans were REALLY gracious.  I'm not sure you can say gracious and UCF in the same sentence, ever. 

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with this in general, that every team has some ****** fans and it is unfair to judge a team by that. But the UCF fans have such an inferiority complex when it comes to the four BCS schools in the state that it all goes out the window. I'm sure a similar relationship exists between, I don't know, ECU and NC State, or the smaller Louisiana schools and LSU, San Jose State and other San Francisco Bay area schools such as Stanford/Cal, etc.

• Content Count:  2,511

Miami is now a middle of the pack ACC team and haven't done anything since joining the ACC. The whole Big 3 term is outdated

Middle of the pack ACC is still better than top 3 C-USA. 

Oooo.... SNAP!!!!!

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Proximity breeds...the improved rivalry.....or contempe for the other school.  Auburn knew...that USF was here and gone..poof.

Being close in proximity brreds a much higher level of  emotion. We are in the same state, recruit against each other  ( for students and student athletes)..etc. And yes, both schools have A hole fans....they are everywhere.

It is east to slam our football program, but to be honest, to be on a even playing field, we need to be BCS eligible. Otherwise, a current comparison is intellectuality didhonest. Recruits will always want...in most cases to join a BCS school...and it if it were me..I would as well. In non BCs sports, we compete and compete quite well with the Bulls. Good luck against Miami....if jacory the INT machine starts, you guys are a shoe in.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Proximity breeds...the improved rivalry.....or contempe for the other school.  Auburn knew...that USF was here and gone..poof.

Being close in proximity brreds a much higher level of  emotion. We are in the same state, recruit against each other  ( for students and student athletes)..etc. And yes, both schools have A hole fans....they are everywhere.

It is east to slam our football program, but to be honest, to be on a even playing field, we need to be BCS eligible. Otherwise, a current comparison is intellectuality didhonest. Recruits will always want...in most cases to join a BCS school...and it if it were me..I would as well. In non BCs sports, we compete and compete quite well with the Bulls. Good luck against Miami....if jacory the INT machine starts, you guys are a shoe in.

I like this fan guy

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Foot, you seem fair enough, but your brethren have been here for years saying how much beter ucf was even without bcs.  That your recruiting was better, that your team was better, etc.  So you'll exccuse us if we relish the 4-0 for as long as we can.  By the way, I heard it from my ucf friends oo so it was not confined to the internet.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The series with us is a no win/benefit situation for Miami, just like a series against UCF is for USF.  No one should be surprised by this.  

Archived