• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami football won't schedule Bulls after 2013

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Proximity breeds...the improved rivalry.....or contempe for the other school.  Auburn knew...that USF was here and gone..poof.

Being close in proximity brreds a much higher level of  emotion. We are in the same state, recruit against each other  ( for students and student athletes)..etc. And yes, both schools have A hole fans....they are everywhere.

It is east to slam our football program, but to be honest, to be on a even playing field, we need to be BCS eligible. Otherwise, a current comparison is intellectuality didhonest. Recruits will always want...in most cases to join a BCS school...and it if it were me..I would as well. In non BCs sports, we compete and compete quite well with the Bulls. Good luck against Miami....if jacory the INT machine starts, you guys are a shoe in.

There was once a list posted on this message board showing the series history between USF and UCF in every sport in which they've played. I can't find it now, but the way I remember it, USF was ahead in every sport except for maybe one or two, and in several cases USF was way, way ahead.

It's possible I'm remembering wrong though, it was a long time ago. If anybody has it now, I'd be interested in seeing it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

The series with us is a no win/benefit situation for Miami, just like a series against UCF is for USF.  No one should be surprised by this.  

I disagree. USF certainly has more to gain than Miami does, but every school benefits from having BCS opponents on the out-of-conference schedule, and while nobody's going to mistake USF for Alabama, it's not a terrible out-of-conference opponent.

If Miami didn't think the series was beneficial to them in some way, they wouldn't have agreed to it.

(And yes, USF did think it had something to gain from playing UCF: It satisfied four of the five games against Conference USA foes that USF agreed to when it left for the Big East. The fifth opponent was never scheduled and the requirement was later waived.)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I agree with this in general, that every team has some ****** fans and it is unfair to judge a team by that. But the UCF fans have such an inferiority complex when it comes to the four BCS schools in the state that it all goes out the window.

Pretty much it in a nutshell... Proof provided by the 3rd reply on this thread (the losers monitor this board more than most of our fans)  ;)  

... and honestly, it all started with us even before we got the BCS status. They were coming to these boards whining like little girls about not playing them pretty much once they saw the success we were having...

I'm sure a similar relationship exists between, I don't know, ECU and NC State, or the smaller Louisiana schools and LSU, San Jose State and other San Francisco Bay area schools such as Stanford/Cal, etc.

I'm thinking you're off base there .... UCF fans are unique and special.   :D

• Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Miami scheduled us mostly because they thought another in-state game would improve their home attendance.  This hasn't happened so what is the point of scheduling an in-state game if you can get better exposure by playing an out-of-state team and get the same attendance.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Miami scheduled us mostly because they thought another in-state game would improve their home attendance.  This hasn't happened so what is the point of scheduling an in-state game if you can get better exposure by playing an out-of-state team and get the same attendance.

As a fan, I would travel to USF, FSU, UF...but after attending the UCF/Um game, I'll NEVER go out of my way to attend a game with UM, in South Florida. They trashed the UCf tail gate area.....like nothing I have even seen. The fans were barely able to get a 4 digit SAT score, much less attend UM. They were rude, loud, violent in several cases....so on our home turf...in the trampoline.....I did not feel safe. No, I didn't expect to be bum rushed, but I was worried I would run afoul of a very drunk UM fan, and I did not intend to back down....if my wife was approached.

Counter that with the last USF game at home  at UCF. Alos a great game, OT..both fans happy then sad....and everyone walked out joking..glad it was a great game.

You can have a series with UM. I'll go again, but only at UCF, with a body guard! Crush 'em....Jacory is a INT machine and he can be sacked like  a feather!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've been to 3 games in the OB for FSU -vs- UM. Aside from about 5 fans in one game, the other 99.9% treated us with respect. A lot of thier fans that actually go to the games are Oldschool Alums that graduated in the 80's or earlier. It seems to me that many of the "thug fans" don't even go to the games.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Oh goodie! We can schedule Can't-F*** University. We don't need to play schools like Miami, FSU, or UF. University of Mouse Ears would be a better challenge us. If we beat a school like The Almighty Tinmen. That would put us over the top. I'm excited! Yes, let's sign a life long deal now.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This just confirms what I think most of us already knew. Hope we can win one of these.....we got 4 more tries.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/miami-football-wont-schedule-bulls-after-2013

I think we can win 2 of the remaining games... Holtz is making some head way and as long as we can get a good QB and some better wideouts we might have a shot.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

As a fan, I would travel to USF, FSU, UF...but after attending the UCF/Um game, I'll NEVER go out of my way to attend a game with UM, in South Florida. They trashed the UCf tail gate area.....like nothing I have even seen. The fans were barely able to get a 4 digit SAT score, much less attend UM. They were rude, loud, violent in several cases....so on our home turf...in the trampoline.....I did not feel safe. No, I didn't expect to be bum rushed, but I was worried I would run afoul of a very drunk UM fan, and I did not intend to back down....if my wife was approached.

Counter that with the last USF game at home  at UCF. Alos a great game, OT..both fans happy then sad....and everyone walked out joking..glad it was a great game.

You can have a series with UM. I'll go again, but only at UCF, with a body guard! Crush 'em....Jacory is a INT machine and he can be sacked like  a feather!

Most of those UM fans were probably from the Orlando area.

Something about Mickey Mouse-ville.....the theme parks, all the upper middle class kids, 106.7 FM.....the whole mindset over there turns everyone into Fred Durst. Just a bunch of ignorant morons who want to be punks, tough and "from the streets".

It is seriously something about Orlando. I don't know why.

limpbizkit.jpg

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

2009 incoming freshman SAT avg was 1285 a far cry from barely making 4 digits...

Its a trap game for them just like how we look at UCF, I don't know why people are that blind

Archived