• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TCU says no FB only

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

We are in serious trouble if the geniuses in the BE considered expanding with football only invites. Prepare for severe dilution if that is the case.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't see the point in adding a tenth team for the sake of having ten.

I say add TCU as an all sports member and have 17 Basketball schools or drop DePaul.

Let Nova decide if they want to work up to 1A football.  If they do, great we have 10 football teams in 2014 and 9 in 2012.  If they decide to stay at the 1AA level, then just stop at 9 football members and spend the 4 years we would have waited for Nova evaluating candidates for a 10th football member if we even still need 10 for football.

9 is a better number IMO because It gives the entire league a chance to play everyone and not have a 9 game conference schedule.  An 8 game schedule is perfect.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Not that I would like to see them but Temple would also probably accept a football only invite.

So would Eastern Michigan, Delaware, and FIU. See, I can name a bunch of teams that shouldn't be candidates that would accept football only memberships  8-)

except temple is in a large TV market  ::)

No one in Phila cares about Temple football.  Bill Cosby is the exception and I don't think he lives in Phila. any longer.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I say add TCU as an all sports member and have 17 Basketball schools or drop DePaul.

Let Nova decide if they want to work up to 1A football.  If they do, great we have 10 football teams in 2014 and 9 in 2012.  If they decide to stay at the 1AA level, then just stop at 9 football members and spend the 4 years we would have waited for Nova evaluating candidates for a 10th football member if we even still need 10 for football.

9 is a better number IMO because It gives the entire league a chance to play everyone and not have a 9 game conference schedule.  An 8 game schedule is perfect.

I think the BE wants 10 in hopes of getting a waiver from the NCAA to have a champ. game with only 10 and not 12.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

F- it then, let's invite two schools for all sports and go to 18 in basketball

This.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

TCU is a flash in the pan... Screw'em. Although, I would say boot the Irish and then offer UCF if the Big East really wants them that bad. Bring in UCF in all sports and 'Nova for football and move forward. Problem solved. And then we get our rivalry back  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

TCU is a flash in the pan... Screw'em. Although, I would say boot the Irish and then offer UCF if the Big East really wants them that bad. Bring in UCF in all sports and 'Nova for football and move forward. Problem solved. And then we get our rivalry back  ;D

Notre Dame Basketball bring brings in more television marketability than any of the potential football additions.

If any team gets the boot, it's Depaul.

• Content Count:  1,757

TCU has been doing this for several years in a row now. They have finished in the top 25, 7 of the last 9 years. Including finishing in the top 10,  3 times since 05. Hardly a flash in the pan.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think the BE wants 10 in hopes of getting a waiver from the NCAA to have a champ. game with only 10 and not 12.

The Big East wants 10 teams because they are desperate... the summer of 2011 or 2012 might be the end of the Big East if the Big10 takes 2 teams such as... Rutgers, Cuse, Pitt, or UConn.

The Big East does not want to expand and is being forced to do so because they are sinking because of the dead non-all sports weight in the conference.

• Content Count:  4,451

Tcu Football vs ND basketball

My vote is TCU FB  TCU adds TX/Dallas recruiting. Time for an ultimatum to ND. Play FB with us or go find anutr league. I want TCU in league so bad  I cant hardly contain myself. I get the Bulls FB in TX every othr yr if they join.

Archived