• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TCU says no FB only

Guest nybullsfan

Tcu Football vs ND basketball

My vote is TCU FB  TCU adds TX/Dallas recruiting. Time for an ultimatum to ND. Play FB with us or go find anutr league. I want TCU in league so bad  I cant hardly contain myself. I get the Bulls FB in TX every othr yr if they join.

Add Houston, and we can have them EVERY year!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Tcu Football vs ND basketball

My vote is TCU FB  TCU adds TX/Dallas recruiting. Time for an ultimatum to ND. Play FB with us or go find anutr league. I want TCU in league so bad  I cant hardly contain myself. I get the Bulls FB in TX every othr yr if they join.

That makes no sense at all...

If the Big East were to remove a basketball program it would be Depaul. 

Notre Dame Basketball puts a Big East network in a good position for revenue dollars.  Depaul adds almost zero value.  Marquette would likely be second on the chopping block, but at that point I'd imagine the basketball schools would rather withdraw entirely creating a huge mess.

Quit calling for the ND ultimatum.  It's never going to happen.  Notre Dame adds more value to the league than you can obviously imagine.  If we're cutting basketball schools it will be in terms of length of membership and revenue, not hysterical fits whining about ND football. 

Looking at longevity in the BEast and Revenue power Depaul gets the axe first.  It's an easy choice.  Second comes down to value verses length in the Big East.  Marquette arguably adds more value than some of the other small basketball only catholic school (looking at you St. Johns, Providence, and Seton Hall), but the other schools are charter members of the Big East and likely are safe fore good.  Marquette joined the league from CUSA with USF, Cincy, UL, and Depaul in 2005.

Guest nybullsfan

For the future BE Network, DePaul brings the Chicago market and Marquette brings the Milwaukee/Madison market.

That's a lot of basic cable subscribers to tap into, neither will get kicked out.  Nor will ND, they bring the nationwide cable base,

We'll just have to figure out how to muddle along with 18-20-24 basketball teams.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no one is coming football only

big east is dumb for proposing it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,628
  • Days Won:  29

Time to give St Johns of DePaul the Boot.

Isn't St Johns an original member? If that's the scenario, it would need to be DePaul and Marquette ...

Drop 'em !

AND Notre Dame !

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

no one is coming football only

big east is dumb for proposing it

Whoa!  Been a while since I agreed with Smazza this strongly. Only a team that wood dilute the FB league wood accept a BE FB invite only. At this point ND may realize they are more than five yrs from anutr BCS bowl at best.  The ultimatum will force thier hand. ND Womens Bb is a national contender. ND Mens Bb is barely top 25. ND would prolly join big 10+4 but that would make room for TCU...& maybe Houston too. :-)

• Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

We'll just have to figure out how to muddle along with 18-20-24 basketball teams.

Two divisions: Big East East and Big East West  ;D

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

And ND has an agreement to play three Big East football games a year.

ND is sticking around.

And KL check your info, ND has no say in BE football it was split 8-8 on purpose to prevent one side from having an advantage of another...if you can show me otherwise, be my guest.

I wrote a week ago I heard TCU said they were leaning towards no. This was probably the reason. You're going to have a tough time getting UCF, ECU, or Memphis under this idea.

And Navy/Army? Forget it the Big East has tried that...twice. They've said no.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

if i were TCU i'd ask for the same thing.  they're in the driver's seat for their future.

Archived