• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual Rutgers Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I think the reason these threads get started so much is because die hard USF get irritated when these things happen.  We try to ignore it but than I listen to JP Peterson (who is an USF homer) blast USF students for not going to the game.  He went on a 10 minute rant on what do students have to do the next day.  Than I read how UCF had 10 more thousand than we did on their Wednesday night game.  They are in non AQ and their school spirit easily out does ours.  Despite how convincing the argument is, you will always fine a usf fan that makes an excuse for fans not showing up.  Someone will say that all fans are fairweather.  Every fan base has its share of fairweather fans but it seems these schools have a smaller percentage of them versus their hardcore fan base.  UCF has mediocrity seasons till this year and their average attendance in all sports surpasses ours.  I will always support USF but I do know why these threads get started almost every week.  It wont stop till we get a consistent 35 k (despite our record)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

I appreciate the ones that did go because it got very loud near the end.  The noise level at the end made me think there were a lot more in the crowd.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

per the TSA: 25,775

yikes.

Should had been lower in my opinion... USF should not have agreed to do a Wednesday night game... we are under obligation to 1 weekday game, not 3 in a row, and especially not on a Wednesday night.

This was a dumb move by both USF and Buttgers... Wednesday night games are for MAC teams.

• Content Count:  1,390

He went on a 10 minute rant on what do students have to do the next day.  Than I read how UCF had 10 more thousand than we did on their Wednesday night game.   They are in non AQ and their school spirit easily out does ours. 

What do students have to do on a Thursday? Hmmm pretty similar to what most working people have to do on that day... get up and go to school? I have class at 9:30 am Thursdays.

And an OCS would do wonders for student attendance. Anyone that thinks it wouldn't is simply delusional. Back when UCF played at the Citrus Bowl, their student (and overall attendance) were pathetic. They moved on campus and the student section is the only part of their stadium that is regularly filled to capacity.

After my chem test on Wednesday night my roommate and I were walking back to our apartment and couldn't believe the amount of kids on campus still. We walked by a few of the common rooms in Beta and Castor Halls and there were probably 20+ kids sitting in each room watching the game. As it is, playing at RayJay drags out the whole day an extra hour or two when you factor in traffic then paying to park. There is no way for students to simply pop over to the stadium real quick. It takes coordinating plans with friends, finding rides, etc. and most kids who aren't "die hard" to begin with don't care enough to go through the hassle. I know kids at UCF that simply started going because the stadium was " just there"... one girl wasn't a football fan, then lived in the Towers right next to the stadium and now she goes to every game, simply because it's a short walk to her dorm and got her hooked.

The On Campus stadium is almost solely responsible for the School spirit at UCF that you talk about.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

As a fan that was in the stands on DAY ONE - nearlt 50,000 fans, I am always disappointed when the stands are as empty as they were Wednesday night.

• Content Count:  225

I do agree with you on the on campus stadium is probably the biggest reason for their school spirit.  I'm hoping UCF does get invited to the Big East because I feel that will pressure USF to do the same once they realize UCF will begin to surpass us when it comes to recruiting students and athletes.  USF only has the upper hand because we are in a BCS conference and they do not.

• Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Disagree goose. Our stadium has the advantage.

• Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

He went on a 10 minute rant on what do students have to do the next day.  Than I read how UCF had 10 more thousand than we did on their Wednesday night game.   They are in non AQ and their school spirit easily out does ours. 

What do students have to do on a Thursday? Hmmm pretty similar to what most working people have to do on that day... get up and go to school? I have class at 9:30 am Thursdays.

And an OCS would do wonders for student attendance. Anyone that thinks it wouldn't is simply delusional. Back when UCF played at the Citrus Bowl, their student (and overall attendance) were pathetic. They moved on campus and the student section is the only part of their stadium that is regularly filled to capacity.

After my chem test on Wednesday night my roommate and I were walking back to our apartment and couldn't believe the amount of kids on campus still. We walked by a few of the common rooms in Beta and Castor Halls and there were probably 20+ kids sitting in each room watching the game. As it is, playing at RayJay drags out the whole day an extra hour or two when you factor in traffic then paying to park. There is no way for students to simply pop over to the stadium real quick. It takes coordinating plans with friends, finding rides, etc. and most kids who aren't "die hard" to begin with don't care enough to go through the hassle. I know kids at UCF that simply started going because the stadium was " just there"... one girl wasn't a football fan, then lived in the Towers right next to the stadium and now she goes to every game, simply because it's a short walk to her dorm and got her hooked.

The On Campus stadium is almost solely responsible for the School spirit at UCF that you talk about.

Aren't the Sun Dome and Baseball stadium on campus?  What is the excuse reason for the poor attendance for those sports?  For whatever reason, USF students don't seem to have much interest in supporting their school's sports.

• Content Count:  1,390

Aren't the Sun Dome and Baseball stadium on campus?  What is the excuse reason for the poor attendance for those sports?  For whatever reason, USF students don't seem to have much interest in supporting their school's sports.

Easy explanation. They aren't football.

USF students do a decent job supporting the team at an Off campus stadium, you guys really don't think an on campus stadium would affect it? UCF is a perfect example. Their students did not support before they built an on campus stadium. Now they have a good student section for football and a very good student section for basketball as well.

It helps to build a culture of school spirit. I'm sure Knight Light would agree with me.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AQ programs should not play on Wednesday.....

Archived