• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual Rutgers Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Not sure why some are comparing our attendance to UCF but whatever. If Skip keeps winning people will come. I would love an OCS as much as anyone else but I know it ain't happening anytime soon so we might as well accept it.

Here are our attendance averages the last 5 seasons compared to UCF....again I don't really understand the comparison but I digress:

USF 2009 52,553             UCF 2009 38,078

USF 2008 49,690             UCF 2008 39,596

USF 2007 53,170             UCF 2007 44,018

USF 2006 30,222             UCF 2006 31,569

USF 2005 38,865             UCF 2005 28,462

Yeah the OCS for UCF has had some impact because look how their number jumped up in 2007. So far this season the UCF average is 39,180. Ok.

Yet we also show patterns since joining the Big East. Odd years when we play West Virginia at home.....our number shoots up. Also we got a boost (that I finally think waned off) after the #2 ranking in 2007.

Our attendance numbers will be high again next season when we will have West Virginia, Miami and FAMU at home. 2012 may not be as much of a big dropoff as most even years because we will have FSU at home. This yeas' home schedule was not appealing...we all knew that coming it.

So what are we arguing over....10,000 people? Whoopety doo!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

First.  That is an average of tickets sold not actual attendance.  And second.  UCF did have more actual attendance than we did for the Wednesday night game.  Playing a clip from the beginning of UCF game is like playing a clip from the beginning of FSU game.  Their fans usually show up late because they party/tailgate hard.  A better clip is from KnightLights clip that shows the second half of the game.  That clip clearly shows they had more

• Content Count:  225

The point I was trying to make is it seems UCF had support regardless if they were winning or not.  Even if they played an schedule that wasn't attractive, they got support.  You're whole defense to USF attendance is them not playing attractive opponents or not being ranked when they play.  All I'm saying, I'm just giving props where they are due.  They have better attendance in all sports as whole than we do.  I think comparing attendance when we were ranked versus them comng off multipe losing seasons is an unfair comparison.  This season is a better comparison.  We are both average teams that are beginning to rebuild a program.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

The point I was trying to make is it seems UCF had support regardless if they were winning or not.   Even if they played an schedule that wasn't attractive, they got support. 

Not buying that....UCF has had good records 3 of the last 4 seasons, all of which are in the new stadium. One 4-8 season in 2008 the year after UCF opened BHNS and won the CUSA Championship. I bet there were a lot of empty seats in 2008 even though the average sold ticket was 38,000.

You want to go way back....UCF in 1999 went 4-7 had 22,000 fans on average. 2000 they go 7-4 and look their attendance jumps to 27,300. Then in 2001 they go 6-5....now their attendance is 19,800?!? 2002 they go 7-5....22,000 fans. 2003 they go 3-9....24,000 fans. We won't even touch 2004 when they went 0-11.

Look their numbers jump all around also....sure the new stadium helped but if you averaged 27,300 in 2000 in the Citrus Bowl....and the last 3 years UCF has averaged under 40k for being in BHSN.....we are arguing over the benefits of an OCS for what 11,300 fans?!? It's not a real big deal.....UCF is no more loyal than any other fanbase...if they win they come....if they lose they don't. USF will be fine.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Attendance threads are tired. . . . . . . .

Every school in BE and CUSA, save for WVU and ECU, has to win big to avoid embarrassing swaths of empty seats at their games.

UCF losers ripping on USF attendance woes is like a guy with no legs calling a guy with no arms a cripple.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

The point I was trying to make is it seems UCF had support regardless if they were winning or not.   Even if they played an schedule that wasn't attractive, they got support.   You're whole defense to USF attendance is them not playing attractive opponents or not being ranked when they play.  All I'm saying, I'm just giving props where they are due.  They have better attendance in all sports as whole than we do.  I think comparing attendance when we were ranked versus them comng off multipe losing seasons is an unfair comparison.  This season is a better comparison.  We are both average teams that are beginning to rebuild a program.

BBoC pretty much addressed this with facts but for further proof, look around for a picture from their Saturday afternoon homecoming game this year ... HOMEcoming, which, you know, should be a big deal with an OCS and all ... Granted, our noon homecoming crowd was nothing to crow about but the crude, but accurate, point about battling paraplegics was perfect analogy.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

[

First off, that was one game for UCF that attendance was subpar.  They had up to 6,000 more people at their Wednesday night game than ours.  You know how they out did us, easy...STUDENT TICKETS.  You know why.  For the same reason I can go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game during a weekday, it's a taxi ride away from my apartment.   So to repeat what Knight Light's post:

"makes it easier for most students to attend games (i.e. those that live on-campus...and the thousands and thousands of others that live within 1-3 miles of school)."

So even though I don't like close to campus, I would just book a room down the road, and leave to work from the hotel the next morning.  Wow! How hard was that?   You see that was pretty easy.

I'd like to see you substantiate that 6,000 more claim.

Go to youtube.com and search Josh Robinson UCF.

Its a video that Triple doesn't want ANY USF to see for some STRANGE reason.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Since there's only one here who still cares about this thread, it should be where it will be more appreciated ... and, K_L, please free to post the link again over here.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

[

First off, that was one game for UCF that attendance was subpar.  They had up to 6,000 more people at their Wednesday night game than ours.  You know how they out did us, easy...STUDENT TICKETS.  You know why.  For the same reason I can go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game during a weekday, it's a taxi ride away from my apartment.   So to repeat what Knight Light's post:

"makes it easier for most students to attend games (i.e. those that live on-campus...and the thousands and thousands of others that live within 1-3 miles of school)."

So even though I don't like close to campus, I would just book a room down the road, and leave to work from the hotel the next morning.  Wow! How hard was that?   You see that was pretty easy.

I'd like to see you substantiate that 6,000 more claim.

Go to youtube.com and search Josh Robinson UCF.

Its a video that Triple doesn't want ANY USF to see for some STRANGE reason.

Here is the video..

Why does he not want people to seee it?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Views of the stadiums, show very little.  RayJay is much larger than the Frying Pan and there are large areas to congregate on each end at Ray Jay.  I'm not saying that UCF didn't get more in attendance, just that shots of the stadium really don't mean much.

Archived