• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual Rutgers Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Watch some thursday night games with some of the Non-AQ teams/conferences and see for yourself. I don't have any examples in front of me, but i've seen plenty.

And I didn't say EVERY SINGLE lower-level game, Come on guys.

thursday nights are pretty much all BCS games now. last year there was  a game at ECU but that was against virginia tech and this year Hawaii hosted a game and that was against USC. those were the only 2 non-AQ home games on thursday nights but they both had BCS opponents.

OK, this is getting to be a bit sad.. but I guess I need to post to "defend my comment".  Not sure why we're at this point in a discussion, but apparently we are.

Thursday, Sept 2nd.

Ball State 27, Southeast Missouri State 10

Buffalo 31, Rhode Island 0

Central Michigan 33, Hampton 0

Kent State 41, Murray State 10

Florida Atlantic 32, UAB 31

Tulane 27, Southeastern Louisiana 21

Idaho 45, North Dakota 0

Nevada 49, Eastern Washington 24

Thurs, Sept 9th.

Temple 13, Central Michigan 10 (OT)

Thurs, Oct. 5th.

Troy 42, Middle Tennessee 13

Thurs, Oct 13th.

UCF 35, Marshall 14

Thurs, Nov 4th

7:30 PM ET Buffalo at Ohio

Thurs, Nov 11th

8:00 PM ET East Carolina at UAB

Thurs, Nov. 18th

10:00 PM ET Air Force at UNLV

Regardless, I don't have attendance numbers. BUT, I watch a lot of college ball, no matter who is playing.. and I can tell you that sure, a lot of those games had less then desirable attendances.. but a lot of those games were PACKED.

My whole point was the disappointment in our attendance.  A full third of the ticket holders never even showed up. 39K would have looked a lot better then 25K...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  225

Unfortunately that is what happens on a Wednesday night game in the Tampa Bay area.

Well, unfortunately you're right.  So much for the excuse Tampa Bay Ray fans use for not driving to the game.  They always say if the games were in Tampa, they would go.  Well football is once a week and they won't go to a game.   Well unless we are in the top 10, than you and I will be driving that band wagon *gitty gitty goo*

The Rays for the past three years have been one of the best teams in baseball. The Bulls for the past three years have been one of the best teams in the bottom third of their conference. Not comparable.

If the Rays moved to Tampa, but put a mediocre team on the field, they wouldn't sell out games either. Just like any sports team in any city.

Welll.. explain the Bucs?  They still can't see.  This is a football town

• Content Count:  1,390

I couldn't go because of school, and my family's 4 season tickets in 114 were empty because they didn't want to make the 2 hour drive on a Wednesday night when the game was on ESPN anyways.

I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way.

• Content Count:  225

Unfortunately that is what happens on a Wednesday night game in the Tampa Bay area.

Well, unfortunately you're right.  So much for the excuse Tampa Bay Ray fans use for not driving to the game.  They always say if the games were in Tampa, they would go.  Well football is once a week and they won't go to a game.   Well unless we are in the top 10, than you and I will be driving that band wagon *gitty gitty goo*

The Rays for the past three years have been one of the best teams in baseball. The Bulls for the past three years have been one of the best teams in the bottom third of their conference. Not comparable.

If the Rays moved to Tampa, but put a mediocre team on the field, they wouldn't sell out games either. Just like any sports team in any city.

Welll.. explain the Bucs?   They still can't see.  This is a football town

Sorry for the typo.  Bucs are doing well this season and their games are still blacked out.   They still can't sell enough tickets.   Tampa will always be a fairweather fan base with the exception of the 25ish fans that will go to the game regardless.   I do hope the Rays move their ballpark to Tampa (Right next to Downtown and Ybor city).  Can you image the pregame atmosphere when the Rays (or even USF if they played there) play.  I still think it's a fair comparison.  You are saying Tampa would consistently draw in 40k on weekdays?    If they can't sell enough for Football which is once a week, it's hard to believe they would do the same for baseball.  

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Skepticism. If they're still in first in the final third of the season, maybe things turnaround, we'll see.

Regardless, one single snap shot of one team at one time doesn't refute the indisputable fact that for all but maybe three or four sports franchises, attendance goes up and down according to the team's level of play. The Bucs were selling out games for years before they started to suck and now this year they can't sell any tickets.

Actually, I don't even know what I have to explain about them. They illustrate my argument perfectly.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry for the typo.  Bucs are doing well this season and their games are still blacked out.   They still can't sell enough tickets.   Tampa will always be a fairweather fan base with the exception of the 25ish fans that will go to the game regardless.   I do hope the Rays move their ballpark to Tampa (Right next to Downtown and Ybor city).  Can you image the pregame atmosphere when the Rays (or even USF if they played there) play.  I still think it's a fair comparison.  You are saying Tampa would consistently draw in 40k on weekdays?    If they can't sell enough for Football which is once a week, it's hard to believe they would do the same for baseball.  

No, I'm saying the fans in Tampa are no different from the fans anywhere else. <b>Every</b> fanbase is "a fairweather fan base," because every team loses fans when they suck.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

All 6 of my tickets went unused.  I live just north east of Orlando and I possibly could have made the 2 hour drive both ways, but I didn't have a baby-sitter and my daughter can take all of about a quarter at a game.

Weeknight games just aren't feasible.  If we're ranked and playing a crucial game I could possibly think about making it, but it's too much hassle otherwise.  I only have so many vacation days and a Wednesday night football game isn't worth using 2 of them on.

If we play on a weeknight at home can't we please just make it one Friday night game a year and call it a day?  I don't care if we play away games on weeknights.  So, let's just stick with those.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Watch some thursday night games with some of the Non-AQ teams/conferences and see for yourself. I don't have any examples in front of me, but i've seen plenty.

And I didn't say EVERY SINGLE lower-level game, Come on guys.

thursday nights are pretty much all BCS games now. last year there was  a game at ECU but that was against virginia tech and this year Hawaii hosted a game and that was against USC. those were the only 2 non-AQ home games on thursday nights but they both had BCS opponents.

OK, this is getting to be a bit sad.. but I guess I need to post to "defend my comment".  Not sure why we're at this point in a discussion, but apparently we are.

Thursday, Sept 2nd.

Ball State 27, Southeast Missouri State 10  10,753

Buffalo 31, Rhode Island 0  16,723

Central Michigan 33, Hampton 0  17,311

Kent State 41, Murray State 10  16,535

Florida Atlantic 32, UAB 31 

Tulane 27, Southeastern Louisiana 21  20,258

Idaho 45, North Dakota 0

Nevada 49, Eastern Washington 24

Thurs, Sept 9th.

Temple 13, Central Michigan 10 (OT)  15,152

Thurs, Oct. 5th.

Troy 42, Middle Tennessee 13  28,010

Wed, Oct 6th.

UCF 35, Marshall 14 40,281

Wed, Oct 13th.

UCF 35, Marshall 14 23,601

Thurs, Nov 4th

7:30 PM ET Buffalo at Ohio

Thurs, Nov 11th

8:00 PM ET East Carolina at UAB

Thurs, Nov. 18th

10:00 PM ET Air Force at UNLV

Regardless, I don't have attendance numbers. BUT, I watch a lot of college ball, no matter who is playing.. and I can tell you that sure, a lot of those games had less then desirable attendances.. but a lot of those games were PACKED.

For obvious reasons there was no need to look up any more announced attendance figures (in Bold/Red above). The only one of those games that I remember watching was the UCF/UAB game, which I added to your list and that figure was off by as much as ours, if not more. Honestly, maybe you think you saw a packed stadium once ... sometime .... but I doubt it was this year. Our attendance last night was not some kind of horrible aberration ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

When in doubt, blame

ITAOGTBUBQLDLMF.20100108135034.jpg

Son of a ***** ..... and they had it all set up and pimpin it at the Eckerd exhibition. Sure hope they get the funding for the $28M sprucing up so that can go away. 

Archived