• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual Rutgers Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I agree completely.  Playing in a smaller on campus stadium is just a better atmosphere than playing in an off campus pro stadium.  Go ask the Miami Hurricanes.  Kirk Herbstreit blasted UM for playing in a pro stadium.  Even though I give props to the 25 k at the game (they were loud),  I much rather go to a game at on campus stadium that is smaller but is packed with screaming fans vs a partially filled NFL stadium.  Trust me those environments will create school spirit. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

Aren't the Sun Dome and Baseball stadium on campus?  What is the excuse reason for the poor attendance for those sports?  For whatever reason, USF students don't seem to have much interest in supporting their school's sports.

Easy explanation. They aren't football.

Ok, if that explains poor attendance for basketball and baseball, then poor attendance at footballs could be explained by the fact that most don't give a rat's patootie about football either.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Didn't we have a few threads a few weeks back complaining about the "wine and cheese" crowd and if you aren't a die hard USF then just stay home?!? You know if you don't stand and scream the whole game....then why go?

Well you got your wish.....now why are you complaining again?

Guest Sunburned

USF students do a decent job supporting the team at an Off campus stadium, you guys really don't think an on campus stadium would affect it? 

Odds are if USF had an OCS  would have fewer seats allocated for students.

UCF has a larger student body than USF, how many seat are allocated to students in the Wok?

Guest Sunburned

I agree completely.   Playing in a smaller on campus stadium is just a better atmosphere than playing in an off campus pro stadium.   Go ask the Miami Hurricanes.   Kirk Herbstreit blasted UM for playing in a pro stadium.  Even though I give props to the 25 k at the game (they were loud),  I much rather go to a game at on campus stadium that is smaller but is packed with screaming fans vs a partially filled NFL stadium.  Trust me those environments will create school spirit. 

UCF (a larger school) has a smaller on campus stadium, yet they didn't pack them in when they played ECU, a top CUSA opponent!! So why are you so sure it would work for USF???  If we aren't packing the lower bowl at the RJ, why do you think we would be packing a 45-50K seat OCS?

Guest Sunburned

Believe USF has set aside 12,501 student seats for their games at RJS.

UCF has 12,000 seat student section in the 45,301 seat BHNS.

Even though UCF has the smaller student section, UCF's actual student attendance is HIGHER than USF's...as like others noted, an on-campus stadium obviously makes it easier for most students to attend games (i.e. those that live on-campus...and the thousands and thousands of others that live within 1-3 miles of school).

Care to provide proof of that from a source other than UCF?

I agree completely.   Playing in a smaller on campus stadium is just a better atmosphere than playing in an off campus pro stadium.   Go ask the Miami Hurricanes.   Kirk Herbstreit blasted UM for playing in a pro stadium.  Even though I give props to the 25 k at the game (they were loud),  I much rather go to a game at on campus stadium that is smaller but is packed with screaming fans vs a partially filled NFL stadium.  Trust me those environments will create school spirit. 

UCF (a larger school) has a smaller on campus stadium, yet they didn't pack them in when they played ECU, a top CUSA opponent!! So why are you so sure it would work for USF???  If we aren't packing the lower bowl at the RJ, why do you think we would be packing a 45-50K seat OCS?

First off, that was one game for UCF that attendance was subpar.  They had up to 6,000 more people at their Wednesday night game than ours.  You know how they out did us, easy...STUDENT TICKETS.  You know why.  For the same reason I can go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game during a weekday, it's a taxi ride away from my apartment.  So to repeat what Knight Light's post:

"makes it easier for most students to attend games (i.e. those that live on-campus...and the thousands and thousands of others that live within 1-3 miles of school)."

So even though I don't like close to campus, I would just book a room down the road, and leave to work from the hotel the next morning.  Wow! How hard was that?  You see that was pretty easy.

Guest Sunburned

[

First off, that was one game for UCF that attendance was subpar.  They had up to 6,000 more people at their Wednesday night game than ours.  You know how they out did us, easy...STUDENT TICKETS.  You know why.  For the same reason I can go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game during a weekday, it's a taxi ride away from my apartment.   So to repeat what Knight Light's post:

"makes it easier for most students to attend games (i.e. those that live on-campus...and the thousands and thousands of others that live within 1-3 miles of school)."

So even though I don't like close to campus, I would just book a room down the road, and leave to work from the hotel the next morning.  Wow! How hard was that?   You see that was pretty easy.

I'd like to see you substantiate that 6,000 more claim.

Why couldn't you book a motel near the RJ??? 

[

First off, that was one game for UCF that attendance was subpar.  They had up to 6,000 more people at their Wednesday night game than ours.  You know how they out did us, easy...STUDENT TICKETS.  You know why.  For the same reason I can go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game during a weekday, it's a taxi ride away from my apartment.   So to repeat what Knight Light's post:

So even though I don't like close to campus, I would just book a room down the road, and leave to work from the hotel the next morning.  Wow! How hard was that?   You see that was pretty easy.

I'd like to see you substantiate that 6,000 more claim.

Why couldn't you book a motel near the RJ??? 

I don't need to book a motel near RJ because I live 10 minutes away from there (I thought you would see that when I said I live a taxi ride to see a Lightning game).  .. And trust me; I will give you a source that UCF had ALOT more than we did on their Wednesday night game.  It was obvious when you saw their game on TV. 

Archived