• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual Rutgers Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

free won't even get them in the door on a wednesday night.

I hope woolard learned his lesson. stoney brook out drew rutgers, one of our more hated conference mates, by 7k. no more wednesday nights please!

Big East and ESPN decide the Dates and times.......

no they don't. they ask the school and the school can say yes or no.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

I agree.. however.. 25K is still way low. Low-level non-AQ teams have no problem filling up for a weeknight game.

Sorry, I need to call ******** on that ...

Agree - didn't you see that massive crowd of hundreds of people watching Ark State and MTSU?

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Watch some thursday night games with some of the Non-AQ teams/conferences and see for yourself. I don't have any examples in front of me, but i've seen plenty.

And I didn't say EVERY SINGLE lower-level game, Come on guys.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Watch some thursday night games with some of the Non-AQ teams/conferences and see for yourself. I don't have any examples in front of me, but i've seen plenty.

And I didn't say EVERY SINGLE lower-level game, Come on guys.

thursday nights are pretty much all BCS games now. last year there was  a game at ECU but that was against virginia tech and this year Hawaii hosted a game and that was against USC. those were the only 2 non-AQ home games on thursday nights but they both had BCS opponents.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

non AQ teams might pack theirs a bit better because they have smaller stadiums to fill more often than not, and it might be the only time they're on TV all year, and people may come out for that (but not always).

Eh, I didn't care about the lack of crowd. Those of us who were there were finally loud in the 2nd half when it counted. Most impressive crowd all year in terms of noise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

So there were 14,000 no shows.  35% of the people who had tickets did not use them.  With all the corporate sponsors and donors, I'm not sure this will ever change.  Same thing for basketball - the first level non-student sections are never more than 2/3 full.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Unfortunately that is what happens on a Wednesday night game in the Tampa Bay area.

• Content Count:  225

Unfortunately that is what happens on a Wednesday night game in the Tampa Bay area.

Well, unfortunately you're right.  So much for the excuse Tampa Bay Ray fans use for not driving to the game.  They always say if the games were in Tampa, they would go.  Well football is once a week and they won't go to a game.  Well unless we are in the top 10, than you and I will be driving that band wagon *gitty gitty goo*

• Content Count:  1,027

A game between a 4-3 Rutgers team and a 4-3 USF team on a rainy Saturday night in Tampa isn't going to draw significantly more than one on a Wednesday night.  So we schedule one Wednesday night game in the history of the program.  If this becomes a trend then fine, complain all you want, but there's no reason to believe it will.  Just win Skip.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Well, unfortunately you're right.  So much for the excuse Tampa Bay Ray fans use for not driving to the game.  They always say if the games were in Tampa, they would go.  Well football is once a week and they won't go to a game.   Well unless we are in the top 10, than you and I will be driving that band wagon *gitty gitty goo*

The Rays for the past three years have been one of the best teams in baseball. The Bulls for the past three years have been one of the best teams in the bottom third of their conference. Not comparable.

If the Rays moved to Tampa, but put a mediocre team on the field, they wouldn't sell out games either. Just like any sports team in any city.

Archived