• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does BJ have ADD????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I think B.J. recovered quite well from the INT with his next pass to Shields. I'm glad that the INT didn't seem to affect him.

Yeah, that follow up pass was sick...  The crossing pass to Bogan for TD was awesome too.

Those 2 passes alone prove to me he is getting better, he never would have attempted that pass to Bogan last year.

but on the INT... I just scratch my head that he couldn't see there was only 1 defenseman covering 3 wideouts AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!  Was the play clock running out?

I think it was running out and they probably fooled him into thinking he was getting blitzed as it looked like they were bringing all the linebackers to get him and he didn't even have a back with him. Then they dropped into coverage and he was still in the "get rid of the ball" mentality. Our defense bailed us out of that one.

That said, BJ played much better last night and I'm ok with the INT because he kept his composure and we kept moving the ball.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This guy is a retard, BJ played great.

BJ played great????  I was watching the USF/Rutgers game, you must have been watching a rerun of the Cincy game.  BJ was very sloppy.  We won the game, so a lot is overlooked, but in no way, shape or form would I say BJ played "great". 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This guy is a retard, BJ played great.

BJ played great????  I was watching the USF/Rutgers game, you must have been watching a rerun of the Cincy game.  BJ was very sloppy.  We won the game, so a lot is overlooked, but in no way, shape or form would I say BJ played "great". 

yes he played great. he had a 159.50 rating. that's good enough to rank 16th in the country if that was his average.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I think B.J. recovered quite well from the INT with his next pass to Shields. I'm glad that the INT didn't seem to affect him.

Yeah, that follow up pass was sick...  The crossing pass to Bogan for TD was awesome too.

Those 2 passes alone prove to me he is getting better, he never would have attempted that pass to Bogan last year.

but on the INT... I just scratch my head that he couldn't see there was only 1 defenseman covering 3 wideouts AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!  Was the play clock running out?

I think it was running out and they probably fooled him into thinking he was getting blitzed as it looked like they were bringing all the linebackers to get him and he didn't even have a back with him. Then they dropped into coverage and he was still in the "get rid of the ball" mentality.

The pick was by a DT, built more like a DE, that dropped back in coverage at last minute so hard to blame BJ there ... BUT something I've heard for years is that you never throw late over the middle and I thought about that when I watched it happen... Haven't watched replay yet to see how late in the play it was.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The INT was him staring down and throwing to the only WR he truly trust. He's limited IN A BRAND NEW OFFENSE RIGHT NOW!!! Coach Holtz knows this. Thats why I say THINK GOD FOR A SMART COACH who don't try to force him into doing things he's not confident in.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think it was running out and they probably fooled him into thinking he was getting blitzed as it looked like they were bringing all the linebackers to get him and he didn't even have a back with him. Then they dropped into coverage and he was still in the "get rid of the ball" mentality.

The pick was by a DT, built more like a DE, that dropped back in coverage at last minute so hard to blame BJ there ... BUT something I've heard for years is that you never throw late over the middle and I thought about that when I watched it happen... Haven't watched replay yet to see how late in the play it was.

Yup it was a zone blitz and even experienced QB's make that mistake against that look as its very unexpected for a big guy to be in that spot.  That was prolly his least horrible INT of the year and people still complain, it's "mind bottling". 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

and missed Bogan deep

Looked like Bogan either slipped, or slowed up a bit. That was a perfect pass from B.J.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Yup it was a zone blitz and even experienced QB's make that mistake against that look as its very unexpected for a big guy to be in that spot.  That was prolly his least horrible INT of the year and people still complain, it's "mind bottling". 

"Mind bottling" ... nice.

Archived