• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does BJ have ADD????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

I think B.J. recovered quite well from the INT with his next pass to Shields. I'm glad that the INT didn't seem to affect him.

Yeah, that follow up pass was sick...  The crossing pass to Bogan for TD was awesome too.

Those 2 passes alone prove to me he is getting better, he never would have attempted that pass to Bogan last year.

but on the INT... I just scratch my head that he couldn't see there was only 1 defenseman covering 3 wideouts AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!  Was the play clock running out?

I think it was running out and they probably fooled him into thinking he was getting blitzed as it looked like they were bringing all the linebackers to get him and he didn't even have a back with him. Then they dropped into coverage and he was still in the "get rid of the ball" mentality.

The pick was by a DT, built more like a DE, that dropped back in coverage at last minute so hard to blame BJ there ... BUT something I've heard for years is that you never throw late over the middle and I thought about that when I watched it happen... Haven't watched replay yet to see how late in the play it was.

Yup it was a zone blitz and even experienced QB's make that mistake against that look as its very unexpected for a big guy to be in that spot.  That was prolly his least horrible INT of the year and people still complain, it's "mind bottling". 

No absolutely it was zone blitz...

What I didn't understand was how he couldn't see at the line of scrimmage there was 1 db covering 3 receivers. Blitz or no Blitz, I feel he should be able to see the mismatch.

Now that being said, the pass itself, well that is why zone blitzes exist, they confuse.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think B.J. recovered quite well from the INT with his next pass to Shields. I'm glad that the INT didn't seem to affect him.

Yeah, that follow up pass was sick...  The crossing pass to Bogan for TD was awesome too.

Those 2 passes alone prove to me he is getting better, he never would have attempted that pass to Bogan last year.

but on the INT... I just scratch my head that he couldn't see there was only 1 defenseman covering 3 wideouts AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!  Was the play clock running out?

I think it was running out and they probably fooled him into thinking he was getting blitzed as it looked like they were bringing all the linebackers to get him and he didn't even have a back with him. Then they dropped into coverage and he was still in the "get rid of the ball" mentality.

The pick was by a DT, built more like a DE, that dropped back in coverage at last minute so hard to blame BJ there ... BUT something I've heard for years is that you never throw late over the middle and I thought about that when I watched it happen... Haven't watched replay yet to see how late in the play it was.

Yup it was a zone blitz and even experienced QB's make that mistake against that look as its very unexpected for a big guy to be in that spot.  That was prolly his least horrible INT of the year and people still complain, it's "mind bottling". 

No absolutely it was zone blitz...

What I didn't understand was how he couldn't see at the line of scrimmage there was 1 db covering 3 receivers. Blitz or no Blitz, I feel he should be able to see the mismatch.

Now that being said, the pass itself, well that is why zone blitzes exist, they confuse.

I saw that too. there were 3 receivers on his left with one cover. oh well. kids make mistakes. hopefully he will learn from them. he still had a very good game. rating was near 160 which would be top 20 in the country if he averaged that per game.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

BJ is still making mistakes, but he is definitely getting better.  The INT on the zone blitz was not bad as pointed out by Bull Dozer.

BJ showed great touch on passes to Shields.

He made great run checks at the LOS.

He threw the ball away and didn't force any bad INT's.

If he continues to clean up his mistakes, and play more consistently, we may have ourselves a QB.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This guy is a retard, BJ played great.

BJ played great????  I was watching the USF/Rutgers game, you must have been watching a rerun of the Cincy game.  BJ was very sloppy.  We won the game, so a lot is overlooked, but in no way, shape or form would I say BJ played "great". 

Yeah he played great overall. You must be confusing the final series of the game with the entire game if you think he played sloppy.

His passes were pretty good, his INT wasn't that bad, and he ran the option well. He put up 28 points on a good defense, I'm happy.

Note: our defense played a lot better than the score would suggest. Take away the trick play and the punt return debacle and they really only had 2 nice drives. We had about 5 nice drives.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

BJ played well enough to win...that's all that matters.  Luck was on our side or we would've lost.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

and missed Bogan deep

Looked like Bogan either slipped, or slowed up a bit. That was a perfect pass from B.J.

Agreed, great pass from BJ on this play.  Looked to me like Bogan was one step away from making a great catch on a great pass.  Credit where credit is deserved, Rutgers had good coverage. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

and missed Bogan deep

Looked like Bogan either slipped, or slowed up a bit. That was a perfect pass from B.J.

Bogan slipped because he tried to adjust to the throw. He was heading towards the flag and the throw was straight. We had a pretty good angle on the play, everyone around us thought that he didn't lead him. Either way, he clearly threw behind 2 crossing routes, that if hit in stride may have turned into big games. Like I said, he's improving and he's only a Soph.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This guy is a retard, BJ played great.

Well another intelligent assessment by one who considers himself "Great". And of course BJ played "Great" as well. Maybe he thinks GWB was a "Great" President and that ice cream tastes "great". The problem that BJ is having in this system is that he can't find the secondary receiver and he is really struggling in the backfield. No one doubts BJ's athleticism but his decision making  has been suspect for a while. I want him to succeed in this offense, but he isn't there yet, He needs to get his confidence level up and start reading defenses. If he can't he will struggle, if he can he will excel. Only a "retard" wouldn't see that.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BJ played well.  "Great" is a stretch.  He is learning and seems to be progressing.

Guest nybullsfan

BJ played well.  "Great" is a stretch.  He is learning and seems to be progressing.

This.

Can't ask for more, really. Continual improvement is a good thing. Hopefully he keeps getting better, and we as a team are 1-point better than the rest of the teams we face. Don't need more than that.

Archived