• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teddy Bridgewater- QB- Miami Northwestern.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

does he fit Holtz's offense? he's listed as a dual threat. I thought Holtz was trying to get away from that. doesn't seem like his offense would fit this kid's strength.

I bet Holtz and co. could figure out a way to use what could possibly the highest rated USF recruit ever.  Especially considering our extremely limited options at QB.

they didn't really figure out how to use the rivals #8 rated dual threat from 3 years ago(BJ Daniels) so i'm not sure the #2 rated this year is any better suited to their offense.

Ideally you want a dual threat QB because they are so dangerous when on the field. Holtz always had big mobile QB's with a pocket presence. If BJ was bigger and could stand in the pocket and deliver with accuracy while still being able to run like he does then we would be set at QB, but he can't so gotta find a QB who does both.

Pickney averaged less than 4 carries per game his last year with Holtz.

He averaged a total of 5.8 yards rushing per game.

that's not a dual threat. that's a QB that runs a few times on broken pass plays.

this kids game isn't suited for Holtz's offense. just like carnes last year.

wasn't Brion Carnes jerking coach around last year? Plus he was listed at 6'-0, holtz likes taller qbs from the looks of things.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

does he fit Holtz's offense? he's listed as a dual threat. I thought Holtz was trying to get away from that. doesn't seem like his offense would fit this kid's strength.

I bet Holtz and co. could figure out a way to use what could possibly the highest rated USF recruit ever.  Especially considering our extremely limited options at QB.

they didn't really figure out how to use the rivals #8 rated dual threat from 3 years ago(BJ Daniels) so i'm not sure the #2 rated this year is any better suited to their offense.

Ideally you want a dual threat QB because they are so dangerous when on the field. Holtz always had big mobile QB's with a pocket presence. If BJ was bigger and could stand in the pocket and deliver with accuracy while still being able to run like he does then we would be set at QB, but he can't so gotta find a QB who does both.

that's not a dual threat. that's a QB that runs a few times on broken pass plays.

Dual Threat doesn't mean you have to run all the time and because they don't doesn't mean they don't fit Holtz system! It's the threat of the athleticism the QB posses to take off whenever he needs to and gash the defense is what were talking about.

Everyone in the country knows Daniels can take off running gaining huge yards and even though he didn't do it much this year teams still have to game plan for it! Thats the point of a dual threat QB.

Holtz wants a dual threat QB, but also wants them to have the skills to stand in the pocket and deliver like a pro set QB. Bridgewater has this!

no he doesn't want a dual threat. he wants a pro set QB.

sure if he can get Cam Newton he's all over it but these "dual" threat QBs are listed this way because they are usually much better runners than they are passers.

that doesn't fit his system. Carnes last year was a highly rated dual threat. he was a terrible passer and that's why i think Holtz blew him off.

wasn't Brion Carnes jerking coach around last year? Plus he was listed at 6'-0, holtz likes taller qbs from the looks of things.

personally I think Holtz blew off Carnes. didn't their coach have some beef with how Holtz blew him off or revoked his offer?

he was a terrible passer but rated as a top dual threat. it didn't matter how tall he was.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

Dual Threat doesn't mean you have to run all the time and because they don't doesn't mean they don't fit Holtz system! It's the threat of the athleticism the QB posses to take off whenever he needs to and gash the defense is what were talking about.

Everyone in the country knows Daniels can take off running gaining huge yards and even though he didn't do it much this year teams still have to game plan for it! Thats the point of a dual threat QB.

Holtz wants a dual threat QB, but also wants them to have the skills to stand in the pocket and deliver like a pro set QB. Bridgewater has this!

sure if he can get Cam Newton he's all over it but these "dual" threat QBs are listed this way because they are usually much better runners than they are passers.

that doesn't fit his system. Carnes last year was a highly rated dual threat. he was a terrible passer and that's why i think Holtz blew him off.

Where have you read that Bridgewater is a horrible passer? If he was a horrible passer he wouldn't be a 5-star; he would be rated similar to what Carnes was rated last year. The threat to run is helpful in any offense. Just because he is athletic, that doesn't mean that he cannot pass.

Where have you read that Bridgewater is a horrible passer? If he was a horrible passer he wouldn't be a 5-star; he would be rated similar to what Carnes was rated last year. The threat to run is helpful in any offense. Just because he is athletic, that doesn't mean that he cannot pass.

I have no idea what kind of passer he is. perhaps he is a great passer but generally the great passers are listed as pro style qbs.

Carnes was a rivals 4 star. same as bridgewater. carnes was rated #7 overall. bridgewater is rated #2.

like I said maybe he is the next cam newton. i have no idea. but I do know that holtz's system is not suited for a running qb.

BTW BJ Daniels was a 4 star rated the #8 dual threat the year he came out. he is not suited for Holtz's system at all.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

personally I think Holtz blew off Carnes. didn't their coach have some beef with how Holtz blew him off or revoked his offer?

he was a terrible passer but rated as a top dual threat. it didn't matter how tall he was.

his coach was mad holtz pulled the offer, but like I said, the kid was wavering and I don't think holtz was playing any head games, which is when gunsby committed. Also, I didn't say it mattered to me how tall he was, I was just stating it looks like holtz likes taller qbs, so to him it may play a factor, that's all I was saying.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  104

I have no idea what kind of passer he is. perhaps he is a great passer but generally the great passers are listed as pro style qbs.

Carnes was a rivals 4 star. same as bridgewater. carnes was rated #7 overall. bridgewater is rated #2.

like I said maybe he is the next cam newton. i have no idea. but I do know that holtz's system is not suited for a running qb.

BTW BJ Daniels was a 4 star rated the #8 dual threat the year he came out. he is not suited for Holtz's system at all.

I guess maybe you just don't appreciate the meaning of the word "dual" in the phrase "dual threat" If a quarterback can throw and also run a 4.5, they are going to list him as a dual threat quarterback because he can both throw and run. They won't label him a pro style quarterback if he can run a 4.5.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

Oh snap, things might be heating up

DE Anthony Chickillo tells me he's on his way over to #USF for an unofficial visit. Teddy Bridgewater is on campus for an OV. #interesting

Josh Newberg Tweet

I guess maybe you just don't appreciate the meaning of the word "dual" in the phrase "dual threat" If a quarterback can throw and also run a 4.5, they are going to list him as a dual threat quarterback because he can both throw and run. They won't label him a pro style quarterback if he can run a 4.5.

I don't believe 40 times have anything to do with listing them as a dual threat(rivals has him at 4.6 seconds-not sure how reliable these times are). I believe it has to do with how much they actually run the ball in high school. option quarterbacks(generally terrible passers) are listed as dual threats.

Both Carnes and BJ Daniels were listed as top 8 dual threats and both of them are below average passers.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Any chance the difference you guys are discussing is actually on the other end of the body?