• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I believe UNC runs a pro-style offense.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Per CBS article: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29198813

Despite his limited time with the Gators, Blakely's signed letter-of-intent and early enrollment means he will be nonetheless required to sit out the 2011 season as a transfer. (We think; he may be seeking an NCAA  waiver of some sort.)

But like most members of the Gators' class of 2011, Blakely had committed to Urban Meyer and the previous regime's spread look; per one early report, after getting a first-hand look at Weis's approach, the change in offensive scheme was enough to prompt the transfer request.

Looks like he wants to be in a spread offense.

I think players should be allowed to change their commitment if the school changes coaches without a penalty.

I wonder why it can be done in basketball but not football ... That's how we got Toarlyn playing right away.

Who did he sign with first?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

isn't Skip's offense a pro set now?

Nope, multi set offense that uses spread elements as well as prostyle sets as well. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Despite his limited time with the Gators, Blakely's signed letter-of-intent and early enrollment means he will be nonetheless required to sit out the 2011 season as a transfer. (We think; he may be seeking an NCAA  waiver of some sort.)

But like most members of the Gators' class of 2011, Blakely had committed to Urban Meyer and the previous regime's spread look; per one early report, after getting a first-hand look at Weis's approach, the change in offensive scheme was enough to prompt the transfer request.

I think players should be allowed to change their commitment if the school changes coaches without a penalty.

I wonder why it can be done in basketball but not football ... That's how we got Toarlyn playing right away.

Georgia Southern

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

Georgia Southern

Georgian Southern, then switched to Florida, now is looking around again. This is his last stop, where ever he decides to go.  Think long and hard Mr. Blakely

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Michael Blakely

On my way to Tampa!

about an hour ago via Mobile Web

he was on campus for a visit

if holtz can reel in dunkley and blakely in the same yr ill lose my mind.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Georgia Southern

Georgian Southern, then switched to Florida, now is looking around again. This is his last stop, where ever he decides to go.  Think long and hard Mr. Blakely

No Blakely didn't sign with Georgia Southern, Toarlyn did. 

I agree if Holtz can pull in Blakely in also we are going to build a heck of a team on just transfers alone.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Michael Blakely

On my way to Tampa!

about an hour ago via Mobile Web

he was on campus for a visit

I thought that was self evident based on the previous article.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Georgia Southern

My bad ... I thought I made that clear.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Georgia Southern

My bad ... I thought I made that clear.

Who's on First??