• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

If were going off high school performance, Darrell Scott would be 1 on the depth charts

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Im not saying we wouldnt want him. Im saying he may look at our Running Back situation and think it is too deep. UCF needs a big time RB.

Carl Franks says "You can never have too many RB's. Give me 50 and I'll figure out a way to get them all at least one carry."

658627.jpg

J/K

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

Remember, injuries happen.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If they are the most talented, Holtz would figure out a way for all of them to see playing time. If we have 3 RB's that are more talented than all of our WR's, I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 weren't on the field at the same time and just move one to the slot position.

Scott may be bigger AND faster than Blakely but if he gets injured, which he has had some issues with, then we need someone else there.  Many offenses are using 2 RB's on the same drive just to give one a breather. So I could see there being enough there for everybody. If Blakely came in I don't know what Murray, Battles or Shaw would be doing.

But you never know, they may have been 4 and 5 star players and get beat out by 2 and 3 star players in camp.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  136

If were going off high school performance, Darrell Scott would be 1 on the depth charts

Right but Blakely is much closer to his HS days then Scott is. When Scott was at CU there were many issues with his work ethic and playing shape. Not of that has come up with Blakely. I know it's not as easy as him coming in and being handed the top spot. I was merely referring to his abilities compared to the rest. I think he'd be the best back he have so the other guys would not really be of a concern.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Im not saying we wouldnt want him. Im saying he may look at our Running Back situation and think it is too deep. UCF needs a big time RB.

Carl Franks says "You can never have too many RB's. Give me 50 and I'll figure out a way to get them all at least one carry."

658627.jpg

J/K

I admit I chuckled.  Got me good.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He would most likely take Battles place if does goes here. Shaw and Akcock are above him. He will be third string in 2012. Just because there is more experience above him.

I haven't seen anything from Aycock to suggest he would be above Blakely or Murray for that matter.  Aycock hasn't really impressed me yet. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  259

UCF has a complete log jam at RB right now. Feels very likely he picks USF but watch UNC come out of nowhere.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

It can't hurt to bring him in. Scott already was hurt during spring practice. If he were to come in you have a year to figure out where the current RBs stand

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

UCF has a complete log jam at RB right now. Feels very likely he picks USF but watch UNC come out of nowhere.

True but we can never count out UCF these days, you never know who they're going to pay to convince the kid to come there.  I am sure O'Liar is running around Manatee and greasing quite a few wheels to try and get Blakely to Oviedo. ;D