• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

isn't Skip's offense a pro set now?

Nope, multi set offense that uses spread elements as well as prostyle sets as well. 

I don't think we know what are offense is called yet. Last year we just watched to see if BJ was accurate that day to decide if we could throw it or not. Otherwise, it looked like we just throwing stuff against a wall to see what worked.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Saw this post on a UNC board, but find it hard to believe, since nobody else has reported it. Perhaps, he is confusing Dunkley's commitment with that of Blakely:

joeheel All-American

3492 posts this site

Nominate | ReportPosted: Yesterday 11:20 PM

RE: Mike Blakely

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local radio says that he committed to USF this afternoon. Have not seen a print confimation yet.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Saw this post on a UNC board, but find it hard to believe, since nobody else has reported it. Perhaps, he is confusing Dunkley's commitment with that of Blakely:

joeheel All-American

3492 posts this site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local radio says that he committed to USF this afternoon. Have not seen a print confimation yet.

This sounds right. I always figured that UCF and UNC were backup plans. Nice pickup MB.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

joeheel All-American

3492 posts this site

This sounds right. I always figured that UCF and UNC were backup plans. Nice pickup MB.

He's posted on his FB page since returning from USF, but has given no indication of how the visit went. He has changed his profile picture to this one.

211354_100000910422808_1295919_n.jpg

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Having Blakely in the backfield will give us some serious depth at the position. I'm looking forward to hearing something official.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

rumors are USCalifornia has just enter the mix too.  Mikey wants to big time folks.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

isn't Skip's offense a pro set now?

Nope, multi set offense that uses spread elements as well as prostyle sets as well. 

I don't think we know what are offense is called yet. Last year we just watched to see if BJ was accurate that day to decide if we could throw it or not. Otherwise, it looked like we just throwing stuff against a wall to see what worked.

Well I agree the amount of time we passed the ball was indeed based on how BJ looked that day but the offense that i saw last season resembled what i saw from Fitch and Holtz run at ECU.  Even with CJ they still used quite a bit of spread elements unless CJ and the OL were so dominant that they didn't need to mix it up.  As long as we have a starter that is decently athletic and not Bernie Kosar the spread elements aren't going anywhere.  Also they still tried some option against Uconn even with Eveld behind center so that should really speak for itself about the style of this offense.   

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,321
  • Days Won:  10

Guy looks like a best in those pictures.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hes coming back again this weekend for an OV

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

This bodes well for USF. Hope we can lock him down.