• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Per Josh Newberg, Blakely is meeting with coach Holtz today...

I'm told that frmer #UF RB Mike Blakely will meet w/ #USF coach Skip Holtz today. 1 out of a few schools he'll meet w/ before decision. @joshnewberg247

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm told that frmer #UF RB Mike Blakely will meet w/ #USF coach Skip Holtz today. 1 out of a few schools he'll meet w/ before decision. @joshnewberg247

Greg Auman has a story on that:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/former-gators-rb-blakely-visiting-usf-holtz-today

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/former-gators-rb-blakely-visiting-usf-holtz-today

Great reporting, this could be a great get.  I am a little surprised he would even consider UCF, especially when he originally wouldn't even look at a school outside of the SEC, let alone outside the BCS.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Great reporting, this could be a great get.  I am a little surprised he would even consider UCF, especially when he originally wouldn't even look at a school outside of the SEC, let alone outside the BCS.

Why would you be suprised no one in the state pays better than UCF.  I believe O'Liar is getting into the twilight of his career and figures he can't take it all with him so why not spread the wealth a bit.  I am sure it's raining fifties in Manatee and O'Liar is God. :D

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

UNC and UCF his only other visits or is he going to open up his recruitment more?

• Content Count:  62

I have a strong feeling that might go here because of that Tampa comment he posted on his FB. I don't think he would go to UNC because of the distance from his home town. Also he pick us first to go visit instead of UCF or UNC. I think our only competition is with UCF because they are in State. But we have the best recruiting tools to get him and that is that transfers thrive at USF. He have so many examples and also his team mate at UF is gonna go here now. It was perfect timing that Dunkley "committed" here just the other day.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

Per CBS article: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29198813

Despite his limited time with the Gators, Blakely's signed letter-of-intent and early enrollment means he will be nonetheless required to sit out the 2011 season as a transfer. (We think; he may be seeking an NCAA  waiver of some sort.)

But like most members of the Gators' class of 2011, Blakely had committed to Urban Meyer and the previous regime's spread look; per one early report, after getting a first-hand look at Weis's approach, the change in offensive scheme was enough to prompt the transfer request.

Looks like he wants to be in a spread offense.

I think players should be allowed to change their commitment if the school changes coaches without a penalty.

• Content Count:  639

isn't Skip's offense a pro set now?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Michael Blakely

On my way to Tampa!

about an hour ago via Mobile Web

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

Per CBS article: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29198813

Despite his limited time with the Gators, Blakely's signed letter-of-intent and early enrollment means he will be nonetheless required to sit out the 2011 season as a transfer. (We think; he may be seeking an NCAA  waiver of some sort.)

But like most members of the Gators' class of 2011, Blakely had committed to Urban Meyer and the previous regime's spread look; per one early report, after getting a first-hand look at Weis's approach, the change in offensive scheme was enough to prompt the transfer request.

Looks like he wants to be in a spread offense.

I think players should be allowed to change their commitment if the school changes coaches without a penalty.

I wonder why it can be done in basketball but not football ... That's how we got Toarlyn playing right away.