• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you could...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

As far as why does the Kanes offer feel like a rip off? The "goal" is TOO ATTAINABLE. How many times have we not gotten 100 yards of offense?!? It's not like saying if you score a 100 points at a basketball game or get 10 K's at a baseball game.

That tells me you are just trying to get me into the showroom.....standard marketing ploy....."Yeah you won something" now let me sell you stuff.

Of course, it's a marketing ploy to get you in there but, bottom line, you get something for nothing but a few minutes of your time. That's not a "rip off". I've turned in numerous hoops and football tix and never looked at one piece of furniture ... BUT, as a heads up, the movie tix are only good for two weeks past the game date and can't be used on Friday or Saturday .... Still getting a $7 to $10 ticket for basically nothing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

if FAU (of al schools) can afford this, why the heck can't we?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/07/a_closer_look_at_faus_new_stad.html

stadium2-1.jpg

Sun-Sentinel projects it to only cost $65 mil?  that's it?  and with possible expansion possibilities, why not?

Because we don't need a stadium at this point in time .... and when the time comes, it shouldn't be a KMart Blue Light Special.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

if FAU (of al schools) can afford this, why the heck can't we?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/07/a_closer_look_at_faus_new_stad.html

stadium2-1.jpg

Sun-Sentinel projects it to only cost $65 mil?  that's it?  and with possible expansion possibilities, why not?

It only holds 30K fans.  Going to be a lot more than $65 mil for a stadium that will hold 50k+

• Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Replays shown on the jumbo-tron after every play. They did it at the Swamp and was nice to check out the replay in a quick manner.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

OCS would be nice one day, hmmm but when is that day? Well anyways after going to many gator games in my youth I realize now wow this place is a crap hole, man we got it good at ray jay! But would like some chants to say during the game more crowd participation remember rock chalk Jay Hawk KU! We had the tradition of yelling "another Bulls first down!" , but the new jack wipe says it too fast now. Well yeah.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Use the jumbo-tron to help excite the fans. The GREEN - GOLD chant, a noise meter, "get loud" on third down. All the stadiums I've been in has the public address system working FOR the HOME TEAM.

Unfortunately the announcer we have doesn't sound like a BULLS fan. He sounds like he's on the job and wonders what time he'll make it home.

Please don't ever settle for an OCS. If it's not FIRST CLASS - DON'T DO IT!

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I'll take one of these please.

Cost $288.5 million to build (it was complete in 2009, I would bet the bid price for it would be a lot lower now).....seats 50,805....designed for future expantion of up to 80,000 seats.

TCF BANK Stadium.....1st game September 12, 2009

A_0909_ATW_TCF_lg.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

The constant video and audio advertisements have to stop. Signage is great. Not a big fan of the Hooters thing after the 1st quarter....I get that it brings in money but it just feels like a Storm game with all that crap.

I hate the...."If USF has 100 yards of offense you can get free movie passes....just go to Kanes Furniture"....100 yards really?!?....can you insult my intelligence even more....how can I feel less like you are just trying to rip me off....did I also WIN a free cruise?!?

I know you guys will hate this but I enjoyed the "No alcohol" at the UF game. OCS with that rule. I know I'm dreaming but something like Papa Johns or Dowdy Ficklen.

papa_johns_cardinal_stadium_louisville_ky_loans_mortgages_banks_lenders_home_rates_loans_mortgages_free_credit_report_score_repair_analysis_consultation.gif

dowdy-ficklen-stadium-600w.jpg

I bought beer at PJCS and at Nippert the last time I was at games in those stadiums (08). Also, USF can have alcohol ban at the games now. Don't need an OCS for that to happen.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I know you guys will hate this but I enjoyed the "No alcohol" at the UF game.

I absolutely agree. All the people who see football games as nothing but a chance to get stupid drunk and act like idiots/******** is the worst part about football games. I often wonder why the people who do this aren't humiliated beyond repair, but then I quickly realize the answer is self-evident.

If I were king of college football (all sports, really) and had the power to ban all alcohol at all games, I'd do it without hesitation.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'll take one of these please.

Cost $288.5 million to build (it was complete in 2009, I would bet the bid price for it would be a lot lower now).....seats 50,805....designed for future expantion of up to 80,000 seats.

TCF BANK Stadium.....1st game September 12, 2009

A_0909_ATW_TCF_lg.jpg

The State of Minnesota Financed a very good amount for that stadium. We won't see a nickel from the State whenever we decide to build an OCS.

We'd need more chairbacks than what Minnesota, and a fairly large club type area for the donors who already give to have that access.

Louisville set up is nice and one we should model around.

Archived