• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you could...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

Ray Jay is a huge recruiting tool. All of the coaches say so. If we can't built an OCS of the same quality of Ray Jay (which we can't) than we need to stay where we are.

Now we do need to negotiate a better deal but that is a different story.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

As others have saud, No canned music and better announcers.

More HOT

Chants- all of the other schools have them.  Get the crowd involved.

Learn the words to the fight song so you can sing them

As an aside, did I miss something at the Stony Brook game??  Skip said that the players would sing the fight song with the band after each home win.  The players were going around the stadium after the game as they have always done and they were not singing.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

to everyone talking about chants:  the HOT has been trying that for YEARS. 

longer tailgating. i know ray j has control over this right now, but why can't that change?

sing the alma mater with the band during pregame and after a win.  they used to sing it in the stands when i was in it.

an OCS would do nothing if it weren't done right.  when we bring enough people that ray j can't hold 'em, then we should go for our own larger stadium.

• Content Count:  1,633

You can't "force" traditions...UF has the benefit of playing for the past 100 years and it's not just UF. Auburn has War Eagle, Miami has the smoke.

We'll get there one day....All of the SEC games are like that though, it is certainly a different brand of football than what we are used to.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

The constant video and audio advertisements have to stop. Signage is great. Not a big fan of the Hooters thing after the 1st quarter....I get that it brings in money but it just feels like a Storm game with all that crap.

I hate the...."If USF has 100 yards of offense you can get free movie passes....just go to Kanes Furniture"....100 yards really?!?....can you insult my intelligence even more....how can I feel less like you are just trying to rip me off....did I also WIN a free cruise?!?

I know you guys will hate this but I enjoyed the "No alcohol" at the UF game. OCS with that rule. I know I'm dreaming but something like Papa Johns or Dowdy Ficklen.

papa_johns_cardinal_stadium_louisville_ky_loans_mortgages_banks_lenders_home_rates_loans_mortgages_free_credit_report_score_repair_analysis_consultation.gif

dowdy-ficklen-stadium-600w.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I hate the...."If USF has 100 yards of offense you can get free movie passes....just go to Kanes Furniture"....100 yards really?!?....can you insult my intelligence even more....how can I feel less like you are just trying to rip me off....did I also WIN a free cruise?!?

WTF?? How in the hell is that trying to rip you off ...??

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

ESPN's saturated coverage will do to the SEC what ESPN, Fox and NBC did to Nascar. . . . . . hastily make a buck exporting southeastern culture to other regions of the country (and world) while alienating the core constituency.  USF would be wise to not emulate those traditions as it will come actross, at least to me, as cheesy and contrived.

USF's strategy should be to remain true to its identity as a large university in an urban setting that plays its games in the municipal stadium. . . . . . there's no shame in that.

Feels good to be comfortable in your own skin. . . . . more people should try it.

The constant video and audio advertisements have to stop. Signage is great. Not a big fan of the Hooters thing after the 1st quarter....I get that it brings in money but it just feels like a Storm game with all that crap.

Yes it all brings in money to help afford things like, oh, our coaches' salaries.

USF gets absoilutely NOTHING from the signage in the stadium.  The "wraps" they put on the lower level are the only signs USF can sell... so they have to use audio and video advertising.  Florida had it yesterday - I was surprised they had almost as much as USF.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Well the question was how would you improve the gameday atmosphere....I personally just don't like all the commercials between plays. I understand they are here to stay but if I had my druthers....we would drop a lot of them. (BTW, I also mentioned building an OCS and that ain't happening soon either.)

As far as why does the Kanes offer feel like a rip off? The "goal" is TOO ATTAINABLE. How many times have we not gotten 100 yards of offense?!? It's not like saying if you score a 100 points at a basketball game or get 10 K's at a baseball game.

That tells me you are just trying to get me into the showroom.....standard marketing ploy....."Yeah you won something" now let me sell you stuff.

It's like when you "WIN the free lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings but oh by the way....we are going to sell you and your party insurance in the process and I have called every card in the fish bowl and also told them they won".

• Content Count:  521

if FAU (of al schools) can afford this, why the heck can't we?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/07/a_closer_look_at_faus_new_stad.html

stadium2-1.jpg

Sun-Sentinel projects it to only cost $65 mil?  that's it?  and with possible expansion possibilities, why not?

Archived