• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East - Not so good

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We will be lucky to have 1 team in the top 25 in either poll this week - either Pitt or WVU hangs in at 23 - 25.

It's 1 week into the season, so it'snot alldoomsday. Plenty of huge opportunities for the Big East in the coming weeks:

USF @ UF

WVU @ LSU

Miami @ Pitt

Things can turn around just as easily as they went South

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We will be lucky to have 1 team in the top 25 in either poll this week - either Pitt or WVU hangs in at 23 - 25.

It's 1 week into the season, so it'snot alldoomsday. Plenty of huge opportunities for the Big East in the coming weeks:

USF @ UF

WVU @ LSU

Miami @ Pitt

Things can turn around just as easily as they went South

Yes things can turn around but I'll be surprise if the three BE teams above keep the scores under double digits in what I see as losses. Hate to keep beating the same drum but BE football is just not that good. Borderline laughable at times.

I guess I should give Pitt a better chance with them being at home and I'm not totally ready to announce "The U" as being back. Maybe the BE can go 1-2 next week.

Game to watch next week is Pen St at Alabama. I can't wait to check that game out.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UConn and UL didn't surprise me.  Pitt was a toss up for me.  The one that really hurts is Cincy.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The funny thought that came to my mind this weekend is this: What if USF pummels Stony Brook (the way we were supposed to) and beats UF-- who looked quite vulnerable yesterday afternoon? 

It would be like the Leavitt days all over again because we would move into the polls and instantly become the frontrunner to win a weak Big East.  But, could Holtz rise to the challenge, win conference games, and not taper off like the last guy? 

At this point, it's still kinda speculation.  But wouldn't it be quite satisfying in the face of all the critics who kept insisting "UF is too strong," "Pitt and UConn are frontrunners to win the Big East," and "USF is too inexperienced to compete this year." 

+1

Also we had better not get blown out by Futgers or lose to Natti or UConn this year... Pitt well I will give them a muligan on their loss to Utah because they have had a habit of beating BCS teams on opening day / September.

Pitt was stupid to schedule a team that has been ironclad against BCS teams early in the season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

The Big East is a mediocre, at best, football conference with a whole lot of new coaches and quarterbacks at the helm this year.  It does not make for a good combination.  These teams should get better as the season progresses but it is no surprise that BE did not open well this weekend.  The good news is that the Bulls, if they also improve, might be competitive.  

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

The good news=the BE is there for the taking.

The bad news=it will look that much worse when USF finishes BE play with a 3-4 record.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

remaining significant OOC games:

SYR @ Wash

USF @ UF

Cincy @ NC State

UL @ Oregon St.

Maryland @ WVU

Oklahoma @ Cincy

Miami @ Pitt

UNC @ Rutgers

WVU @ LSU

Pitt @ ND

later in the season:

BC @ SYR

USF @ Miami fl

• Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

awesome news

all the easier to win it.

I could care less how our conference does. I'm a Bulls fan.

You do realize that if the Big East is strong in OOC games, and USF does well in conference games, it makes USF look that much better?

Heck, if all we cared about was USF winning, we should push to go back to C-USA!

No, the Big East needs to do better than they did this week... especially against BCS-caliber opponents.

How about we just take care of our ooc schedule. Im sure we will look that much better. who cares what your conference does just win the games you were scheduled.

• Content Count:  2,558

go Bulls

• Content Count:  2,558

awesome news

all the easier to win it.

I could care less how our conference does. I'm a Bulls fan.

You do realize that if the Big East is strong in OOC games, and USF does well in conference games, it makes USF look that much better?

Heck, if all we cared about was USF winning, we should push to go back to C-USA!

No, the Big East needs to do better than they did this week... especially against BCS-caliber opponents.

How about we just take care of our ooc schedule. Im sure we will look that much better. who cares what your conference does just win the games you were scheduled.

thats not how it works though, if we beat all BE teams and they lose every game it does not help our cause

Archived