• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East - Not so good

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

awesome news

all the easier to win it.

I could care less how our conference does. I'm a Bulls fan.

You do realize that if the Big East is strong in OOC games, and USF does well in conference games, it makes USF look that much better?

Heck, if all we cared about was USF winning, we should push to go back to C-USA!

No, the Big East needs to do better than they did this week... especially against BCS-caliber opponents.

How about we just take care of our ooc schedule. Im sure we will look that much better. who cares what your conference does just win the games you were scheduled.

thats not how it works though, if we beat all BE teams and they lose every game it does not help our cause

what do you mean? We would get a bcs game, I think that helps our cause.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

awesome news

You do realize that if the Big East is strong in OOC games, and USF does well in conference games, it makes USF look that much better?

Heck, if all we cared about was USF winning, we should push to go back to C-USA!

No, the Big East needs to do better than they did this week... especially against BCS-caliber opponents.

How about we just take care of our ooc schedule. Im sure we will look that much better. who cares what your conference does just win the games you were scheduled.

thats not how it works though, if we beat all BE teams and they lose every game it does not help our cause

Getting to a BCS game by beating teams who lost every game (mathematically impossible, btw, unless he was talking every ooc game) would do nothing for our cause .... winning that game against a quality opponent would help our cause.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The good news=the BE is there for the taking.

The bad news=it will look that much worse [glow=red,2,300]when[/glow] USF finishes BE play with a 3-4 record.

We finished [glow=red,2,300]3-4[/glow] in the BE this year? Wow! Who will win the Superbowl this year? I will share my winnings with you. Also, whats the meaning of life? What else do you see Nostradamus?

awesome news

Right. Just like ECU is doing well by winning a weak-ass conference.

We need the Big East to continue to be a strong conference... or else it is possible that the Big East loses the BCS automatic qualifier status.

You really need to think long-term here.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know if anyone noticed but the SEC and BIG XII also had laughable showings. Especially the SEC.

• Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

awesome news

Right. Just like ECU is doing well by winning a weak-*** conference.

We need the Big East to continue to be a strong conference... or else it is possible that the Big East loses the BCS automatic qualifier status.

You really need to think long-term here.

last time I checked ECU wasnt in a bcs conference. Like I said lets just win the games we are scheduled that includes a bcs game if we win this "crappy" conference and i will be happier than i have ever been. and btw it is only the first week

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

The best approach to this season is one of cautious optimism.

1) Brand new coaching staff - expecting to have the same results as the previous coaches is kind of crazy. The new staff's approach may be the tweak that was needed to avoid the October swoon.

2) We need a few tough games -- decent competition - under our belts before we know how decent our defense and offense is this year. We lost a ton of starters/impact players from last season.

3) The other teams in the Big East - hard to extrapolate the whole year off of the first week of games. History means little here-- it's all about seeing who's new players can bring it to the field.

That said- my hope is that we continue getting to a bowl this year as a baseline of success. Winning the conference would be a great step forward. Beating UF-- priceless.

Its week 1, the sky is falling. Pitt lost to a team that should have been ranked in OT. UConn lost an away game in front of the largest live crowd in all of football history. We know that Louisville is going to be bad. Cinci lost a lot at the end of last season. The sky is falling.  

Cincy only lost the Sugar Bowl - they were undefeated in the regular season last year - and they returned more than half of their starters.

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

all you guys that are already forecasting the end of the world here, lets not forget that it was WEEK 1!!!

you guys have to remember that if an upset or whatever is ever gonna happen it is MOST LIKELY IN WEEK 1!! Teams most often take time to get adjusted, "iron the kinks out", that is just a fact! I cant speak for cincy but if you honestly think PITT and WVU are gonna be weak in a month and a half 2 months when we face them after a lot of their schemes have gelled together, you need a reality check

all you guys that are already forecasting the end of the world here, lets not forget that it was WEEK 1!!!

you guys have to remember that if an upset or whatever is ever gonna happen it is MOST LIKELY IN WEEK 1!! Teams most often take time to get adjusted, "iron the kinks out", that is just a fact! I cant speak for cincy but if you honestly think PITT and WVU are gonna be weak in a month and a half 2 months when we face them after a lot of their schemes have gelled together, you need a reality check

Yes, but lesser teams have kinks to work out as well. Utah and Fresno State had to work out the kinks too, right?

I don't think Pitt suddenly turned into Stony Brook... but I do think that Pitt is not as good as many pundits have thought.

Believe it or not Week 1 actually tends to be very predictive of a season... not when you look at one team, but when you look at the larger picture.

Archived