• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New football commit

jd77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

His weight went from 240 to 290 in one article!

Welcome to the BULLS Thor!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just once, I'd like to hear a different spin from the high school coach.  I'm not directing this at Thor, he seems to be the real deal. 

But every once in a while I'd like to hear the high school coach say something like, "I don't really know why they are after this kid.  He's lazy, has bad technique and skips half the practices to go drinking.  There's no chance this kid will make a good water boy for them."  >:D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Son of a former pro? Sounds good to me.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

A friend of mine worked the under armor combine in Jax this summer and told me that Thor dominated that camp. He was the MVP and out performed many ranked higher than him. Word is that he grew late (almost 30lbs this summer) or he would have likely been a 4 star. Psyched we got his commit now cause we may have lost him to some big boys later. He was also the MVP at Nike in Gainesville. He will definitely be no project for us and will likely see the field early.

Good to hear.  Welcome to the board.

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

A quick google search for that Gville Nike camp provided the following.

Offensive Line

Thor Jozwiak, Lake Region (Eagle Lake, Fla.) -- One of the elite linemen in the state and a high level Division I prospect. Jozwiak has been very well coached, is tough, physically strong and plays with a mean streak.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A quick google search for that Gville Nike camp provided the following.

Offensive Line

Thor Jozwiak, Lake Region (Eagle Lake, Fla.) -- One of the elite linemen in the state and a high level Division I prospect. Jozwiak has been very well coached, is tough, physically strong and plays with a mean streak.

I posted some more about his performance there on the first page of this thread.

• Content Count:  5,241

Im all for O lineman with the names Thor, Sampson, Conan the Destroyer, Shank, etc being recruited

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Thor Jozwiak, OG

Offensive Guard

Eagle Lake, FL Hometown

Lake Region High School

6'3"Height

259 lbsWeight

Position Rank: 143

Scouts Grade: 45.0

Eagle Lake offensive lineman Thor Jozwiak selects South Florida

Offensive lineman Thor Jozwiak of Lake Region (Eagle Lake, Fla.) has accepted a Class of 2011 offer from the Bulls.

The 6-foot-4, 270-pound lineman was also sought by Boston College, Duke, Iowa State, Louisville, Syracuse and West Virginia.

He becomes the 10th pledge for USF.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

An ESPN grade of "45" means that they still have to evaluate him. I'd suggest to them they read the ESPN rise article I posted earlier.  ;)

• Content Count:  4,642

He really only has a scholarship offer from us and Iowa State. Im sure he knew the West Virginia offer was more as a courtesy and would rather come some place where he was wanted. Hope he turns out to be awesome, but seems we still are pulling CUSA type recruits. I know Ill get beat up for this, but it is what it is.

research fail.

he had 8 offers or so including, Louisville, Syracuse, BC, Duke, and WVU.  when he attended the UF camp, he was still about 240 lbs.  They were showing interest, but were hesitant due to his size, which is obviously fixed now.  this kid is not CUSA material and will garner a huge amount of attention throughout his senior year.  he's also got qualifying scores already.

Archived