• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New football commit

jd77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Free article on Scout:

Lake Region OL Committs to USF 

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Aug 18, 2010 

Lake Region’s Thor Jozwiak, a 6-foot-4 and 290 pound offensive lineman has decided to end his recruitment and committed to the South Florida Bulls on Tuesday night.

Thor Jozwiak, a 6-foot-4 and 290 pound offensive lineman from Lake Region that was a top performer at several combines this past spring and summer committed to the South Florida Bulls on Tuesday night.

“Yes sir, I committed to USF last night said Jozwiak. “I’m so excited. I’m jacked up and can’t wait to get there.â€

Jozwiak, listed at 6-foot-4 and 270 pounds, is being recruited as an interior lineman and had eight offers including ones from Boston College, West Virginia, Louisville, Duke, Iowa State, and Syracuse.

“I went to USF in the beginning of the summer, worked out with coach Shankweiler and met Coach Holtz, and just got a feeling that something big is fixing to happen, and I want to be part of it.â€

“This summer I visited everywhere, I went to Florida, West Virginia, South Carolina, Clemson, and others,†said Jozwiak. “I saw a lot of places and had options available, but USF, I just love it down there, and there’s something about it that just makes me want to be there.â€

Stay tuned for more on Thor’s commitment shortly.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/993630.html

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

His size and offers picked up considerably from anything rivals or scout has reported before today. Barely looks 240 pounds in any of the pictures I have seen. Maybe he is like Popek and got enormous before his senior year.

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

You can't get any better than this.  I think something big is fixing to happen....    He sees it and that is awesome.

“I went to USF in the beginning of the summer, worked out with coach Shankweiler and met Coach Holtz, and just got a feeling that something big is fixing to happen, and I want to be part of it.â€

“This summer I visited everywhere, I went to Florida, West Virginia, South Carolina, Clemson, and others,†said Jozwiak. “I saw a lot of places and had options available, but USF, I just love it down there, and there’s something about it that just makes me want to be there.â€

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This kid will benefit from a red shirt year. If he's got a natural ability with his technique, McKeefry will get him to beef up in no time.

This kid will benefit from a red shirt year. If he's got a natural ability with his technique, McKeefry will get him to beef up in no time.

No doubt.

He reminds me of Austin Reiter who is the son of a former Cincy OL who enrolled in January and was even smaller. Now Reiter is filling out.

839849.jpg

OL Danous Estenor, John McGhin, Austin Reiter

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Now that is an O-line Mama.  I am pumped for the future of USF.

I see us becoming the dominate Big East team, and winning multiple championships. 

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Thor on scout.com:

“I just love the coaching staff, Coach Holtz is probably one of the greatest guys that I’ve ever met, and their coaching staff, Coach Shankweiler is an awesome guy and he knows his stuff about the game. The tight end coach Larry Scott, is another great guy and knows the game. The USF facilities are great, I love the weight room, and they’re just putting in new practices fields, and a new dining facility and they play in Raymond James Stadium, which is one of the best playing fields in college.â€

Hammer time: Tackle Joswiak commits to Bulls

Give it to Skip Holtz: He can recruit offensive linemen with cool names.

Just as the fun of Alabama lineman David "Boo" Simon committing to the Bulls was waning, USF has picked up a commitment from a 6-foot-4, 295-pound lineman from Winter Haven's Lake Region High School named -- wait for it -- Thor Jozwiak.

The last name is pronounced "JOES-we-ack" and yes, he has the same first name as the hammer-wielding god of Viking lore, not to mention the movie blockbuster due out next May. It makes current Bulls center Sampson Genus seem like he might as well be named "Larry," and I could joke about how he strongly considered Norse Carolina and oh, if only he'd blocked for Mike Fjord and so on, but really, Jozwiak is a pretty good story himself, name aside.

I haven't talked with him yet -- still working on saying "Yes, may I please speak to Thor?" with a straight face -- but in talking with Lake Region coach Steve Reynolds, it sounds like another solid addition to Holtz's recruiting class of 2011.

"South Florida has a great pickup," said Reynolds, who has used Joswiak as an offensive tackle but said he's more likely to play guard at USF. "He has great feet, he's a workhorse in the weight room and a natural-born leader on the field."

What's more, he's the son of a former NFL first-round draft pick -- his father, Brian Jozwiak, was an All-American offensive lineman at West Virginia, taken in the first round of the 1986 draft by the Chiefs. Injuries would limit him to just 28 games in three NFL seasons, but his dad's revered status in Morgantown -- where Thor was born -- makes it all the more impressive that the Bulls were able to pry him away from his father's alma mater.

"I think he wants to mimic his dad," Reynolds said. "But West Virginia was still a fledgling program when his father played there, and he feels like he's in the same position at South Florida. He really feels at home there."

Reynolds rattles off a quickly growing list of offers for Jozwiak -- West Virginia, Louisville, Iowa State, North Carolina and Central Florida, he said, with Boston College expected to join the group. He said Jozwiak won't turn 18 until December, so he still has some growth left on an impressively large frame -- his dad played at 6-5, 304 pounds. He's USF's 10th commitment for the 2011 class but just the second offensive lineman, joining the aforementioned Boo.

Posted by Greg Auman at 8:10:59 pm on August 18, 2010 in Football Recruiting

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/hammer-time-tackle-joswiak-commits-bulls

• Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

A friend of mine worked the under armor combine in Jax this summer and told me that Thor dominated that camp. He was the MVP and out performed many ranked higher than him. Word is that he grew late (almost 30lbs this summer) or he would have likely been a 4 star. Psyched we got his commit now cause we may have lost him to some big boys later. He was also the MVP at Nike in Gainesville. He will definitely be no project for us and will likely see the field early.

Archived