• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yes, just two incidents, not his normal behavor.  ::)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize that Wright left the team for depression? Of course, depression is a feminine illness, only girls get depressed.

What a disgusting comment, I hope you'll retract that.  You have no idea how many men and clinically depressed people you have offended.

Still, glad you did some research.  Strange to see Saban's caring attitude push someone to depression.   Lucky that soft approach led to a therapist and not death.  We should all be thankful.

Oh, that's not your attitude? I know depression is real. Feminization is your response to things like crying or feelings. Wright struggled with weight and depression issues for years. Saban's remarks were appropriate. And like I said, if his coach was Leavitt or Mangino, crying probably would not have been his reaction to what an encounter with either of their outbursts.

Wrong again.  I cried in Toy Story 3.

Men have feelings and such but playing to their feelings and weaknesses is not always the most successful path.

You are hung up on a couple things.  Leavitt had two situations you repeatedly address.  One is on video and led to no outburst from the media or your kind.  The other was reported many different ways from the locker room.  We've solved nothing. 

Leavitt wore his feelings on his sleeve, including his anger, its why he is not at USF. And my remark about depression and feminization was sarcasm at how you respond to treating players with respect, not demeaning degradation.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not as close to it as you are, obviously, but I'd say it's just not as airtight as you think when you say he was fired for things he potentially did.  There is a burden of proof in issues of the law. 

I said potentially because I was neither the investigator, nor am I Genshaft or Woolard.  I don't know the ins and outs of that situation.

But it is blindingly obvious that this is about Leavitt's reaction to the accusation, rather than the accusation itself.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

DB,

If that is the case, then why fire him without a contractually obligated discussion?  It's no tlike slick is suggesting that they had to protect the kids that loved him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Another meanie coach .... Where was the outrage??

DB,

If that is the case, then why fire him without a contractually obligated discussion?  It's no tlike slick is suggesting that they had to protect the kids that loved him.

Leaving an employee in place after accounts of physical abuse are reported opens the university up to lawsuits. What's to discuss with reports of him tampering with the witnesses during the investigation? That was the extenuating circumstances they needed to forgo that meeting pre-firing meeting. If he had not done that he might have got his meeting and still have his job after attending anger management workshops or some kind of therapy as agreed to with the school.

Louisiana Tech has a football team? Obvisously the 45 people that saw the game were probably a shocked by that slap. If you notice, the more famous the program, as the SI article points out, the more likely you are to be called on the carpet for those actions. Saban tells a Dolphin player to use his head and he cries makes headlines. Slapping a player on the 121st rated division 1 team doesn't. Leavitt grabbing a facemask in a game on ESPN Gameplan makes no news. Doesn't make it right though, or their team play better.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

LOL..

Check out these soccor moms complaining about thier kids being sent to the ER after drills. 

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Louisiana Tech has a football team? Obvisously the 45 people that saw the game were probably a shocked by that slap. If you notice, the more famous the program, as the SI article points out, the more likely you are to be called on the carpet for those actions. Saban tells a Dolphin player to use his head and he cries makes headlines. Slapping a player on the 121st rated division 1 team doesn't. Leavitt grabbing a facemask in a game on ESPN Gameplan makes no news. Doesn't make it right though, or their team play better.

You pretty much got most of that right ... It made news mainly because it was Saban, not the act itself. If these things were the abuse you guys are whining about, it WOULD be news at the 1A level. It's not, it's part of football at the upper level. It's an emotional, physical sport and obviously not for everyone .... and as for the heartless bastard that slapped that poor boy's helmet, hopefully Tennessee doesn't get wind of that assault.

Archived