• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Brad, we've been through this over and over again.  But there are two reasons that Miller escapes further examination.

First, Miller is a kid and Leavitt is supposed to the be responsible party earning millions of dollars.  Really, which one do you believe deserves more examination?  Really.

Second, Miller is irrelevant to the firing.

Leavitt did not get fired because of the incident with Miller.  Leavitt got fired because of the actions in the aftermath.  Lying, trying to spin Miller's story, trying to convince other players to back him up, potentially trashing someone else's locker.

The incident with Miller is irrelevant.

If it wasn't that particular incident, it would have been another one.  It unraveled on Leavitt some time ago, we just didn't realize it.  We've been waiting for the trigger for a couple of years.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

They seemed to believe they had an airtight reason to fire Leavitt.  I would expect them to tenaciously defend themselves and the assets and reputation of the University.

Do you want your university to be embarassed on the stand and have the negative publicity rehashed over and over?  Even if the university has an airtight case, the best a trial can uncover is that the university employed an abusive head coach.

Please tell me how that helps your university.

They fired a  head coach after they found out he was abusing players.

More silliness ..... Players? Pray tell, who else would you classify as "abused" by CJL?  :D

Joel should sue.

I thought his attorney promised it.

Actually, i believe that was before Mr Hearn chimed in from Charleston, SC ..... a coincidence nothing more was heard from the Miller camp?

They seemed to believe they had an airtight reason to fire Leavitt.  I would expect them to tenaciously defend themselves and the assets and reputation of the University.

Do you want your university to be embarassed on the stand and have the negative publicity rehashed over and over?  Even if the university has an airtight case, the best a trial can uncover is that the university employed an abusive head coach.

More silliness ..... Players? Pray tell, who else would you classify as "abused" by CJL?  :D

Yeah, show this to a therapist and see what they classify it as:

22be82d6bc94cb5aa3cd71004c32108e_jimleavittgoesnuts.gif

LOL .... to you, THAT is abuse?? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

If we're asking therapists now, it's safe to say most all football practices are abuse.

No wonder the World Cup is becoming increasingly popular.

Brad, we've been through this over and over again.  But there are two reasons that Miller escapes further examination.

First, Miller is a kid and Leavitt is supposed to the be responsible party earning millions of dollars.  Really, which one do you believe deserves more examination?  Really.

Second, Miller is irrelevant to the firing.

Leavitt did not get fired because of the incident with Miller.  Leavitt got fired because of the actions in the aftermath.  Lying, trying to spin Miller's story, trying to convince other players to back him up, potentially trashing someone else's locker.

If it wasn't that particular incident, it would have been another one.  It unraveled on Leavitt some time ago, we just didn't realize it.  We've been waiting for the trigger for a couple of years.

So the boy that cried "Wolf!" was all just irrelevant?  That whole tale was a hoax?

I'm not as close to it as you are, obviously, but I'd say it's just not as airtight as you think when you say he was fired for things he potentially did.  There is a burden of proof in issues of the law. 

Again, until those are solved, there are enough unsavory characters with shoddy reputations in the cast of characters.  Enough to give me pause before leaping on the bandwagon fueled by anything other than the actual incident itself.

Yeah, show this to a therapist and see what they classify it as:

22be82d6bc94cb5aa3cd71004c32108e_jimleavittgoesnuts.gif

LOL .... to you, THAT is abuse?? 

What do you call it, nurturing? These are kids, for one thing, not millionaire athletes. You might think it normal, but screaming in someone's face is abuse.

It was captured on video. Were any abuse charges filed?

Honestly, I'm done with this abuse thing here .... Either we've got some whose hatred of Leavitt has just got them not thinking rationally or it's a bunch of sissies.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Im Laughing

That is funny. 

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

As we can see, Leavitt may have said that initially initally about the money. But he later renegotiated for a multi-million dollar contract. And went on a spending spree.  The closet of GQ model wannabe Jim Leavitt. The last time I saw a closet like this it was in The Rock's Game Plan movie. Geez.  He probably gave away his USF labeled clothes to make room for more Armani suits.

34307_0218_leavitt_closet.jpg

pretty nice, but for the $30k millis out there this is pretty standard stuff for any new home in the high six figures and up.  no need to hate

Archived