• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

As hatter said, most are broke without income.  What he's doing is only the normal progress and those that are truly objective see that and drop the envy and vitriol and let it run its course.

Yes, I understand its the way society is to not take the blame for one's own actions and instead sue the accuser, hiring an ambulance chaser the only reasonable way to go in this case. Again, if he had not spent the tens of thousands he was making a month he would not be in his broke condition, which goes back to THE MONEY WENT TO HIS HEAD. He didn't start off with dollar signs in his eyes, but that is the way it ended.

Here's another good time to point out, as has been pointed out a lot recently, that message boards are heavy into speculation ...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

The money went his head?  LOL.  That's awfully chic to say in the age of despising the wealthy, but sort of silly.

Most millionaires live like millionaires.  Most hundredaires live live hundredaires. Of course there are a few exceptions. 

Again that's your obviously slanted speculation as it's clear you've spent months on this sub board stating your opposition to Leavitt.  That's your deal and we understand it.

I think I already explained the money to you.  You would do the same thing if you felt that you were wrongfully terminated.  If you wouldn't, then you're not like most who work via a contract.

Have you ever even met Jim Leavitt or spoke with him to get an idea about what truly motivates him or do you prefer going through people's closets to get a good feel for them?  LOL

You took a lot of words to say "No". 

You know nothing.  It's just your speculation.  We'll keep it at that.  Many times one's speculative thought process is based on one's own experiences and character with all its perfections and flaws.

Sounds like you're all set.

With the confidence you have in your beliefs about Jim Leavitt you should join those that wish for this to be settled instead of dragged out.  Settling it in court would prove or disprove all your speculation.  USF secretly writing a check and denying any wrongdoing is proof of bigger problems.

I'm not making accusations about Genshaft or Woolard's personality or lifestyles (although they probably have big closets too).  If you were so certain Leavitt was a bad guy you should invite the situation into the light of day.

I think what most on the other side of you want is a fair hearing.  One Leavitt felt he should have had before being fired - per his contract. 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

"I'm not making accusations about Genshaft or Woolard's personality or lifestyles (although they probably have big closets too)."

Interesting speculation--if we're betting on closets, I bet on Genshaft's over CJL's.

It doesn't take an accountant to figure out how much money he spent, or how much me made. 

LOL ... Then, by all means, give us his monthly expenditures.

It doesn't take an accountant to figure out how much money he spent, or how much me made. 

Sure, you live down there, get me some insurance quotes for his neighborhood and check his property taxes on all his properties. According to those on here, he had multiple properties. His biggest expense is going to mortgage and escrow.  Followed closely by dry cleaning.

At least you've learned to say "no" with a lot less words ...

Sure, you live down there, get me some insurance quotes for his neighborhood and check his property taxes on all his properties. According to those on here, he had multiple properties. His biggest expense is going to mortgage and escrow.  Followed closely by dry cleaning.

At least you've learned to say "no" with a lot less words ...

No? Public records search and a mortgage calculator would get a ball park figure. How is that no? His salary was public record. Again, not a big deal to figure out. Not like Red Bull was sponsoring him.

You're the one insisting that Leavitt's in financial straights. From the way you talked, I thought you'd already crunched the numbers:

Again, if he had not spent the tens of thousands he was making a month he would not be in his broke condition, which goes back to THE MONEY WENT TO HIS HEAD.

I based my "speculation" on known items such as how much he spent on his house, his wardrobe, his income, etc..

You said he was broke based on known items ..... I guess I assumed wrong that these items were known by YOU.

It doesn't necessarily mean he needs it per se, but that he might be owed it. 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He probably doesn't need the whole thing, shoot probably doesn't need it at all.  But in order to maintain, he will at least need a good chunk.  I'd have a hard time maintaining my lifestyle if I got a 75% pay cut, or a total pay cut.

I really have lost track what that has to do with the whole situation, anyway.  Obviously the lawsuit is both about getting the money and about clearing his name.  Any of us would sue if we thought we could get even a couple of hundred thousand dollars more.  Why wouldn't you?

And any of us would want to sue someone that fired us, to "prove" that we shouldn't have been fired.  The irony, of course, is that it is highly unlikely the outcome of the lawsuit will even begin to prove anything.

Archived