• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

I think I'll grab a tissue and cry with you from here. 

How you justify Saban's abuse because he recently won a national Championship is astounding.  What did he win with the Dolphins when he was abusing immature rookies - those most in need of a gentler and kinder approach?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a related note, what do you do when a "kid" no longer gives effort?  It would be easier to cut him I guess and move forward, but that could be a harrowing life experience for the kid that could ultimately lead to drugs or wife-beating.  Do you continue to nurture or do you send them to a therapist?  In the old days, if you were short om effort you got called out and many times got , wait.... "punished" for not giving an appropriate level of effort.  Just curious, when one player's attitude of laziness effects the team, what does slick do to address the issue without hurting anyone's feelings?  Picnic?

:)  Just kidding.  It's fun to to read your responses.  Having been a victim, I am enjoying reading about the soft approach.

You do realize that Wright left the team for depression? Of course, depression is a feminine illness, only girls get depressed.

What a disgusting comment, I hope you'll retract that.  You have no idea how many men and clinically depressed people you have offended.

Still, glad you did some research.  Strange to see Saban's caring attitude push someone to depression.  Lucky that soft approach led to a therapist and not death.  We should all be thankful.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On a related note, what do you do when a "kid" no longer gives effort?  It would be easier to cut him I guess and move forward, but that could be a harrowing life experience for the kid that could ultimately lead to drugs or wife-beating.  Do you continue to nurture or do you send them to a therapist?  In the old days, if you were short om effort you got called out and many times got , wait.... "punished" for not giving an appropriate level of effort.  Just curious, when one player's attitude of laziness effects the team, what does slick do to address the issue without hurting anyone's feelings?  Picnic?

:)  Just kidding.  It's fun to to read your responses.  Having been a victim, I am enjoying reading about the soft approach.

Don't ask me. Ask a coach like Skip, or Pete Carroll or Randy Shannon or one of the Bowdens. Maybe we can scrape up some cash and get you into a coaching clinic. You can ask them and then ask them really dumb questions like, how do I do it without hurting feelings, which totally misses the point of what I am saying. You do not have to be a giant A HOLE to coach at any level. Screaming, yelling, insulting, grabbing face masks etc..  

Oh, I thought you were the expert here.

Carroll's a great example...he won by cheating and then fled.

Shannon and Skip have won nothing but I think I get your drift.

You do realize that Wright left the team for depression? Of course, depression is a feminine illness, only girls get depressed.

What a disgusting comment, I hope you'll retract that.  You have no idea how many men and clinically depressed people you have offended.

Still, glad you did some research.  Strange to see Saban's caring attitude push someone to depression.   Lucky that soft approach led to a therapist and not death.  We should all be thankful.

Oh, that's not your attitude? I know depression is real. Feminization is your response to things like crying or feelings. Wright struggled with weight and depression issues for years. Saban's remarks were appropriate. And like I said, if his coach was Leavitt or Mangino, crying probably would not have been his reaction to what an encounter with either of their outbursts.

Shannon has turned Miami around and Skip, last I checked, won a couple of conference championships. And Bobby has too. 

Carroll may or may not have known about what Bush was given. Often that kind of crap is done by boosters and the ancillary staff hired to skirt NCAA regs, something USF is even getting into doing. With all those people going around doing things for players, it gets hard to keep track of possible NCAA violations. That's the state of big money college football, doing all they can to try and lure players.

Here, I thought someone would call me an apologist. 

Still, glad you did some research.  Strange to see Saban's caring attitude push someone to depression.   Lucky that soft approach led to a therapist and not death.  We should all be thankful.

Oh, that's not your attitude? I know depression is real. Feminization is your response to things like crying or feelings. Wright struggled with weight and depression issues for years. Saban's remarks were appropriate. And like I said, if his coach was Leavitt or Mangino, crying probably would not have been his reaction to what an encounter with either of their outbursts.

Wrong again.  I cried in Toy Story 3.

Men have feelings and such but playing to their feelings and weaknesses is not always the most successful path.

You are hung up on a couple things.  Leavitt had two situations you repeatedly address.  One is on video and led to no outburst from the media or your kind.  The other was reported many different ways from the locker room.  We've solved nothing. 

Archived