• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Check out these soccor moms complaining about thier kids being sent to the ER after drills. 

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"thier kids being sent to the ER after drills" ..... Right, this is exactly the type stuff we're talking about.  ::)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Another meanie coach .... Where was the outrage??

Louisiana Tech has a football team? Obvisously the 45 people that saw the game were probably a shocked by that slap. If you notice, the more famous the program, as the SI article points out, the more likely you are to be called on the carpet for those actions. Saban tells a Dolphin player to use his head and he cries makes headlines. Slapping a player on the 121st rated division 1 team doesn't. Leavitt grabbing a facemask in a game on ESPN Gameplan makes no news. Doesn't make it right though, or their team play better.

You pretty much got most of that right ... It made news mainly because it was Saban, not the act itself. If these things were the abuse you guys are whining about, it WOULD be news at the 1A level. It's not, it's part of football at the upper level. It's an emotional, physical sport and obviously not for everyone .... and as for the heartless ******* that slapped that poor boy's helmet, hopefully Tennessee doesn't get wind of that assault.

Again, because its not called out does not mean its condoned.  Week one last year a player cold cocks another. Why wasn't he arrested for battery? Any other setting he would be.

Check out these soccor moms complaining about thier kids being sent to the ER after drills. 

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"thier kids being sent to the ER after drills" ..... Right, this is exactly the type stuff we're talking about.  ::)

Preparing kids to get hit is one thing. As was pointed out, coaches can go too far. It sounds like the coach was not letting them get off the ground. Mangino had a player bear crawl the length of the field when it was too hot to touch. He had burns on his hands after. What did that teach him? Besides the coach is an *****?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

If the march can be kept up that Jim Leavitt was a brutalistic overlord that abused multiple players, we can start up a site called HannibulLeavitt.com

Another meanie coach .... Where was the outrage??

Louisiana Tech has a football team? Obvisously the 45 people that saw the game were probably a shocked by that slap. If you notice, the more famous the program, as the SI article points out, the more likely you are to be called on the carpet for those actions. Saban tells a Dolphin player to use his head and he cries makes headlines. Slapping a player on the 121st rated division 1 team doesn't. Leavitt grabbing a facemask in a game on ESPN Gameplan makes no news. Doesn't make it right though, or their team play better.

You pretty much got most of that right ... It made news mainly because it was Saban, not the act itself. If these things were the abuse you guys are whining about, it WOULD be news at the 1A level. It's not, it's part of football at the upper level. It's an emotional, physical sport and obviously not for everyone .... and as for the heartless ******* that slapped that poor boy's helmet, hopefully Tennessee doesn't get wind of that assault.

Again, because its not called out does not mean its condoned.

Actually, yes it does ....

Week one last year a player cold cocks another. Why wasn't he arrested for battery? Any other setting he would be.

Exactly .... things that happen in football are treated differently than if they happen outside the field/ lockerroom ... Glad to see you're finally getting it.

Preparing kids to get hit is one thing. As was pointed out, coaches can go too far.

Of course they can .... I don't think anybody has said they can't. Point is the type stuff we've been talking about doesn't fall under the "gone too far" category .... no ER visits, not even close ...

Preparing kids to get hit is one thing. As was pointed out, coaches can go too far.

Of course they can .... I don't think anybody has said they can't. Point is the type stuff we've been talking about doesn't fall under the "gone too far" category .... no ER visits, not even close ...

Great. You nip that stuff in the bud.

Either get the person with the anger issues help or send them hiking. First thing my wife said when she heard the report on Leavitt was, he has got to go, he can't control his temper. Someone who gets mad enough to slam the equipment off his head in blind rage can certainly lash out at the nearest person around him. And there is a reason grabbing a player by the face mask is a personal foul, you can cause neck injuries that way.

Either get the person with the anger issues help or send them hiking. First thing my wife said when she heard the report on Leavitt was, he has got to go, he can't control his temper. Someone who gets mad enough to slam the equipment off his head in blind rage can certainly lash out at the nearest person around him. And there is a reason grabbing a player by the face mask is a personal foul, you can cause neck injuries that way.

Leavitt's head butts didn't come from blind rage .... The more I read, the more I just think you don't really understand the whole dynamics of coaching football, especially at the upper levels ... especially if you're using your wife as a source ... We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

Is his wife Judy Genshaft?

Leavitt's head butts didn't come from blind rage .... The more I read, the more I just think you don't really understand the whole dynamics of coaching football, especially at the upper levels ... especially if you're using your wife as a source ... We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Never said it was a rage. Head butting players with their helmets on seemed to make everyone who heard it think he had a screw loose. It sounds like a desperate way to inspire a team that last momentum. How many head coaches have you heard of using head butts to inspire players? However there were threads on here using that as a possible reason he misremembered what everyone said of the incident, kneeling vs standing, and that's why I mentioned it.

And many on here cut on women every chance you get. I am starting to think you all have some serious, deep, underlying psychological issues. I would bet my wife, and sister, for that matter played in more college sports games then 90% of the people on this board. Both had college athletic scholarships, one played at NCAA division 1 level and was on the first team to make it to the NCAA playoffs at FSU (honored in 2004 during half time of one of their football games) and has a degree in coaching and has NFL players for friends. But they are girls, and have cooties, so what do they know? It seems when you read my posts you skim over them and either don't try and glean where I am coming from or just choose to say something that tries to cast me as a dimwit. Try a little harder will you? Thanks.

Archived