• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

You guys have way too much time on your hands.  Leavitt was fired six months ago.  He won't be getting his job back, nor will he be getting millions from USF.

I hope you're only half right ...

By the way, the La Tech coach slapping, punching or electrocuting his players and still having a job is completely irrevelevant to USF's policies, procedures and employment contract.

But it is relevant when somebody's trying to paint CJL as some rogue football coach ...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Because it's the politically correct thing to do and many of them look better than Joe Theismann.

I'd love to see you tell her that in person. They could PPV that event.

Sorry slick, I'm not the violent type.

Apparently it's  normal to headbutt players. It is part of the coaching dynamic.

I see a lot of coaches bleeding at press conferences.

Well everyone made fun of the silly gold shovel.  At least with headbutting, we had something unique.  ;D Headbutting a helmeted player is irrelevant to the discussion, except to say it was typical Leavitt.  He took the pain instead of dishing it out.  just like he ran with his team.  He worked out with them in practice.  He was a real team guy.  Yeah, you know where I am going with that...

Watch the video clip of The Jim, ripping his headset off and slamming it to the ground, that is what I was referring to.

Are you ******* serious?

514566761.jpgsaban-headset-lsu-ap-alcomjpg-6573adfd3997efa5_medium.jpg

That better not be slick's Saint Nick Saban (formerly the Nicktator that made players cry via verbal abuse).  He looks out of control. 

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Watch the video clip of The Jim, ripping his headset off and slamming it to the ground, that is what I was referring to.

Are you ******* serious?

514566761.jpgstoops%2Bheadset.jpgclearchannel_thumb%5B1%5D.jpgsaban-headset-lsu-ap-alcomjpg-6573adfd3997efa5_medium.jpg610x.jpg

Look, we get it. You wanted Leavitt out at any cost because you considered us underachieving or whatever .... fine. Just stop this ******** of trying to paint him as that much of an aberration as a coach. He was a little different, headbutting comes to mind, but not THAT different.

You ever play competitive basketball? No pads, helmets, etc.. My wife blew her knee out just like Grothe in a game. Stacey Dales, on NFL network reminds me of my wife, same tough attitude, also played BB. Why would the NFL network employ women, who know nothing about the "emotion/violence of (college) football and the feelings it generates among coaches/players/opponents"?

Was she play-by-play or color commentator?

I wanted Leavitt out because he struck a player athlete. just like every sane and rational person would. Was who a play-by-play or color commentator? Stacey? She is a report on the NFL network was did work for ESPN.

Are you ******* serious?

514566761.jpgstoops%2Bheadset.jpgclearchannel_thumb%5B1%5D.jpgsaban-headset-lsu-ap-alcomjpg-6573adfd3997efa5_medium.jpg610x.jpg

Look, we get it. You wanted Leavitt out at any cost because you considered us underachieving or whatever .... fine. Just stop this ******** of trying to paint him as that much of an aberration as a coach. He was a little different, headbutting comes to mind, but not THAT different.

You ever play competitive basketball? No pads, helmets, etc.. My wife blew her knee out just like Grothe in a game. Stacey Dales, on NFL network reminds me of my wife, same tough attitude, also played BB. Why would the NFL network employ women, who know nothing about the "emotion/violence of (college) football and the feelings it generates among coaches/players/opponents"?

Was she play-by-play or color commentator?

Your point? None of those look half as angry as Leavitt. I mean seriously. You think its just me that noticed his sideline temper is way above anyone else's in college football? Pull your head out of the sand and go and read some articles.

=======================================================================

But the darker side of Leavitt's tenure is his temper, and that is what produces ugly situations like this. If this is true, the fiefdom Leavitt has built in Tampa may soon be without a czar.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/47668/turbulence_in_tampa_usfs_jim_leavitt_accused_of_hitting_player#ixzz0synYw3B5

=======================================================================

Now with Jim Leavitt fired, he joins the ranks of Mike Leach and Mark Mangino, as coaches whose temper ruined their rise to power.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2569019/jim_leavitt_fired_latest_coach_let.html?cat=9

=====================================================================

Football fans of other teams noticed it.

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=254242

Served on the same staff as Mangino eh? 

Didn't see that one coming.

Oh, you watch some of the games he looks like he could murder someone. The guy's got a temper.

Thats who that was? Dude is nuts but I like the cut of his jib.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

DB,

If that is the case, then why fire him without a contractually obligated discussion?  It's no tlike slick is suggesting that they had to protect the kids that loved him.

USF doesn't feel is was contractually obligated, obviously.  Really, I can't see that being a big issue.  What difference does it make if they give him a "hearing" two days before they fire him, or two days after.  If he had any evidence that he shouldn't have been fired, they could have reinstated him. 

It's a non-issue. 

And this is all about damages.  Are you really going to tell me that would have saved his job and $8mil or whatever? 

Please.

A non-issue?  It's a HUGE ISSUE!  Any pre-law undergrad can tell you that.

You might be right.  But any practicing attorney would tell you it is a non-issue.

http://college-football.suite101.com/article.cfm/college_football_coach_tantrums_on_the_sidelines

College Football Coach Tantrums on the Sidelines

NCAA Appears to Have Higher Standards for Players than Coaches

Dec 12, 2009 Carroll Trosclair

A look at the contrasting NCAA treatment of players who stage end zone celebrations and college coaches who throw tantrums and headsets and berate players on sidelines.

Televised football games reveal that the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) maintains a double behavior standard for players and coaches. Players doing a little celebrating after scoring a touchdown are subject to 15-yard penalties. Coaches who throw temper tantrums, headsets and other paraphernalia on the sidelines usually get nothing more than a little extra TV coverage.

Are player celebrations worse than the fury demonstrated by some coaches?

Should kids be held to higher standards than coaches who are profiting from the game?

Candidates for Anger Management Sessions

Many coaches are candidates for anger management sessions, but the NCAA could start with a pair of very successful coaches who put on frightening temper demonstrations one Saturday in November 2009. They know who they are and they aren't alone. They slammed headsets and other paraphernalia to the ground with more anger than players show on the field.

At least one television announcer shrugged off the outbursts as admirable passion for the game. But it’s hard to imagine more out-of-control guys when those two get mad at a game official or player. They negate the good generated by those carefully produced university commercials that run during the games.

The coaches' televised outbursts on this particular Saturday were in stark contrast to the sideline calm demonstrated by their opponents.

Game officials must focus on the players and don’t always see the coach antics on the sidelines, so 15-yard penalties are not the answer. Besides, players should not be punished for their coach’s behavior.

NCAA Can Monitor Videos

The NCAA can monitor videos in the following week. They can announce and levy appropriate fines on coaches who display lack of control and damage the NCAA image. Many coaches now make so much money they can laugh off fines of a few thousand dollars, but penalties based on a small percentage of their salaries might get their attention. The highest paid coaches owe the most to the game, so they should pay the most for embarrassing the sport.

Crude behavior is nothing new for coaches in football, basketball and baseball. Some of the worst offenders have been geniuses at winning games.

Are their tantrums part of their success formula, or

Would they be even greater without the uncontrolled anger?

Schools Pay Big Bucks

How do coaches grade their own sideline behavior? Do they care? They receive big bucks from their schools, support from their players and even adoration from their fans, some of whom will accept any behavior that comes with winning games.

Some ferocious coaches are very successful recruiters. Do high school stars see their dark side of these coaches before they are recruited? Are they aware they may be berated in front of thousands of people?

Hayes and Knight Fired

College football has a long history of volatile coaches. Woody Hayes, once the pride of Ohio State football, was well known for his hot temper, especially in relations with game officials and news people. He drew penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct, was ejected from two bowl games and was fired after he struck an opposing player in a bowl game. That was after he won three national championships.

Indiana’s Bobby Knight, a Hayes student, was one of the most successful basketball coaches of all time. But his behavior, on the sidelines and elsewhere, was usually characterized by the story of him throwing a chair across the court. Like Hayes, his behavior eventually got him fired despite his record 900 wins. Not surprisingly, he was hired by another school looking for a winning program.

A little NCAA discipline earlier might have saved both their jobs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

http://college-football.suite101.com/article.cfm/college_football_coach_tantrums_on_the_sidelines

College Football Coach Tantrums on the Sidelines

NCAA Appears to Have Higher Standards for Players than Coaches

Dec 12, 2009 Carroll Trosclair

A look at the contrasting NCAA treatment of players who stage end zone celebrations and college coaches who throw tantrums and headsets and berate players on sidelines.

Televised football games reveal that the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) maintains a double behavior standard for players and coaches. Players doing a little celebrating after scoring a touchdown are subject to 15-yard penalties. Coaches who throw temper tantrums, headsets and other paraphernalia on the sidelines usually get nothing more than a little extra TV coverage.

Are player celebrations worse than the fury demonstrated by some coaches?

Should kids be held to higher standards than coaches who are profiting from the game?

Candidates for Anger Management Sessions

Many coaches are candidates for anger management sessions, but the NCAA could start with a pair of very successful coaches who put on frightening temper demonstrations one Saturday in November 2009. They know who they are and they aren't alone. They slammed headsets and other paraphernalia to the ground with more anger than players show on the field.

At least one television announcer shrugged off the outbursts as admirable passion for the game. But it’s hard to imagine more out-of-control guys when those two get mad at a game official or player. They negate the good generated by those carefully produced university commercials that run during the games.

The coaches' televised outbursts on this particular Saturday were in stark contrast to the sideline calm demonstrated by their opponents.

Game officials must focus on the players and don’t always see the coach antics on the sidelines, so 15-yard penalties are not the answer. Besides, players should not be punished for their coach’s behavior.

NCAA Can Monitor Videos

The NCAA can monitor videos in the following week. They can announce and levy appropriate fines on coaches who display lack of control and damage the NCAA image. Many coaches now make so much money they can laugh off fines of a few thousand dollars, but penalties based on a small percentage of their salaries might get their attention. The highest paid coaches owe the most to the game, so they should pay the most for embarrassing the sport.

Crude behavior is nothing new for coaches in football, basketball and baseball. Some of the worst offenders have been geniuses at winning games.

Are their tantrums part of their success formula, or

Would they be even greater without the uncontrolled anger?

Schools Pay Big Bucks

How do coaches grade their own sideline behavior? Do they care? They receive big bucks from their schools, support from their players and even adoration from their fans, some of whom will accept any behavior that comes with winning games.

Some ferocious coaches are very successful recruiters. Do high school stars see their dark side of these coaches before they are recruited? Are they aware they may be berated in front of thousands of people?

Hayes and Knight Fired

College football has a long history of volatile coaches. Woody Hayes, once the pride of Ohio State football, was well known for his hot temper, especially in relations with game officials and news people. He drew penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct, was ejected from two bowl games and was fired after he struck an opposing player in a bowl game. That was after he won three national championships.

Indiana’s Bobby Knight, a Hayes student, was one of the most successful basketball coaches of all time. But his behavior, on the sidelines and elsewhere, was usually characterized by the story of him throwing a chair across the court. Like Hayes, his behavior eventually got him fired despite his record 900 wins. Not surprisingly, he was hired by another school looking for a winning program.

A little NCAA discipline earlier might have saved both their jobs.

Thanks for proving my point that CJL wasn't some rogue coach and the type of behavior he sometimes exhibited on the sideline is pretty much condoned .... Maybe you and Mr Trosclair can form some type of help group for abused electronics.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Really??

SANJAY is a practicing attorney.  What has he told you about it?

Nothing that I recall.  He is smart enough to stay out of this sub-board for the most part.

Archived