• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White helmets for next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

all green and white is retarded.  we are green and gold, not green and white.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I like the white helmets, but it looks like we are becoming Michigan State..white and green.

Michigan State has green helmets.

I realize that. I am talking about the overall color scheme.....

• Content Count:  1,985

I have said it before, one reason I love OUR gold helmets is that you pick them out at any time.  OK, be that because it is good or bad gold, I do not care.  I like that I can watch a .30 ESPN commercial with shot after shot of college plays and tell exactly that it is USF in a clip.  May be cheesy, but that is a prime reason I like them.  Besides, it is unique.  We come to the college football table to late we have so little to claim as ours.

I argue the gold, and look to other teams, but honestly, I prefer that this is USF gold.  I mean, own with pride.  The white is just a shock to my system and I do not feel I am cheering MY team.  When we changed logos and came out with the gold helmets it was a power boost.  They had instant identity.  I hate losing that to the generic white. 

Guest MiggyBull

I just got back from talking with Coach Holtz at an alum event here in Tallahassee.  I had a gold mini-helmet for him to sign, and he asked me what color helmet I preferred.  I told him white, but that I liked the gold, too.  He grinned and told me that he took a poll of the players when he arrived earlier this year and that they really wanted the white helmets.  So, they're making the switch to white helmets for regular use, i.e. for most if not all games next year. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

When did white become one of our school colors?  Aren't our colors green and gold? 

The white helmets were cool a a one time novelty.

• Content Count:  1,829

I have said it before, one reason I love OUR gold helmets is that you pick them out at any time.  OK, be that because it is good or bad gold, I do not care.  I like that I can watch a .30 ESPN commercial with shot after shot of college plays and tell exactly that it is USF in a clip.  May be cheesy, but that is a prime reason I like them.  Besides, it is unique.  We come to the college football table to late we have so little to claim as ours.

I argue the gold, and look to other teams, but honestly, I prefer that this is USF gold.  I mean, own with pride.  The white is just a shock to my system and I do not feel I am cheering MY team.  When we changed logos and came out with the gold helmets it was a power boost.  They had instant identity.  I hate losing that to the generic white. 

Best post yet! I like our brand of gold too. Our gold is a deep gold that sets us apart from that milky white gold of say ucif or fsu. During the fsu game our gold looked so much better than theirs.

• Content Count:  1,829

I just got back from talking with Coach Holtz at an alum event here in Tallahassee.  I had a gold mini-helmet for him to sign, and he asked me what color helmet I preferred.  I told him white, but that I liked the gold, too.  He grinned and told me that he took a poll of the players when he arrived earlier this year and that they really wanted the white helmets.  So, they're making the switch to white helmets for regular use, i.e. for most if not all games next year. 

Noooooooo!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  6,928

Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! + 1

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

In regards to the white helmets, we still have not worn them in the ALL WHITE combination which in my opinion is the best combination for the white helmets. I think Penn State and Texas do that look well, it would be nice if we could get some noon game against someone like Syracuse and set it as a White Out.

t1_robinson.jpg

coltmccoyqbs.jpg

dennis-dixon.jpg

Guest Sunburned

In regards to the white helmets, we still have not worn them in the ALL WHITE combination which in my opinion is the best combination for the white helmets. I think Penn State and Texas do that look well, it would be nice if we could get some noon game against someone like Syracuse and set it as a White Out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Noon Games suck, besides we wear green jerseys at the RJ and not many Bulls travel to Cuse for football games  BTW, Unlike USF, white is a primary color of both UT and PSU.  GREEN & GOLD!!!!!!

Archived