• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Mr. Steinbrenner should donate, no build USF a stadium. Call it Steinbrenner/Leavitt/Grothe Field.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a huge Rays fan and on the field, cannot stand the Yankees. However, many members of that organization are a big part of the Tampa community and have been for a long time, including Mr. Steinbrenner (didnt he make some large donation to HOT and other places on campus) as well as all his other charitable donations in Tampa area. Plus, they are the spring training team in Tampa, so I dont have a problem with Skip hanging out with The Boss.

That being said, I hope the Yankees lose 100 games this season. lol

+1

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a huge Rays fan and on the field, cannot stand the Yankees. However, many members of that organization are a big part of the Tampa community and have been for a long time, including Mr. Steinbrenner (didnt he make some large donation to HOT and other places on campus) as well as all his other charitable donations in Tampa area. Plus, they are the spring training team in Tampa, so I dont have a problem with Skip hanging out with The Boss.

That being said, I hope the Yankees lose 100 games this season. lol

He paid for the lights at the current baseball stadium. They are still going strong and it one less expense over there.

• Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

Steinbrenner was a fixture at USF basketball games and is/was a donor to the athletic program.  I think developing relationships with the Yankee AND Rays organizations is good for the athletic department.

Having USF play the Yankees last spring training had to be a great opportunity for the USF players.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Plus don't these guys basically head up the Pinstripe Bowl? I mean, if your head coach has a chance to hang out with members of Big East affiliated bowl committees you guys would all say that is great. I think ties to Steinbrenner is good for USF.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Mr. Steinbrenner should donate, no build USF a stadium. Call it Steinbrenner/Leavitt/Grothe Field.

QFT

I wouldn't mind USF Stadium at Steinbrenner field.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Steinbrenner used to support USF basketball during the Greenberg years. Not sure if those pinstripe dollars are still coming in, but if Holtz and crew can get ol' Steinbrenner to throw some greenbacks back in USF's direction, I'm all for him shmoozing with the pin stripers.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There is a disturbance in the force...

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

The Yankees are the best pro sports franchise in the country, if not the world...having a relationship with them can never be bad.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Say what you want about Steinbrenner but he donates a lot to the schools in our area.

I don't like the fact that Skip is standing up like hes not worthy of a chair while Lou, George, and Reggie are sitting.

Skip is the youngest of the four in that picture.  No problem with him standing to my way of thinking.

Archived