• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Anyone know if ole Georgie still donates to USF? I'm not a Yankees fan by any means, but I'm all for naming USF's new baseball stadium after him, if he's willing pay a nice sizeable donation towards its imminent construction.  If a donation from the King Pinstriper means we put funds elsewhere, like the possibility of an oncampus stadium for football, I'm all for it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The Rays have it worst then I thought. It's not all the fans fault that the team do not succeed in the Bay area. It's the business sector. I can not believe that they still won't support the team. It's a shame that they don't support the team because of the former owner. I don't know if Stu tried to mend those relationships. But he did talk about lack of business support. That's one of the reason we will lose a lot of good players next season. Back to developing players for the Yankkees, Boston, Dodgers, and other teams that can afford our stars. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

as a Mets fan i should hate the Yanks more than anyone here, I grew up in a city where its a constant argument and debate on who is better.  I won that debate growing up in the 80s and early 90s so you know. 

It's not much of a debate through history though, now is it?

Mets fans are very entertaining (for the record, I do not like baseball). It's gotta be like being a Clippers or Eagles fan.

You dont have to tell me you dont like baseball with your comments.  Clippers and Eagles?  Clippers are always terrible, are the Mets? and the Eagles never won a championship, Mets have 2. I dont get your comparison and I would love for you to try and explain it, now tht would be entertaining.  No, in history its not much of a debate that why i explained how I won growing up in the 80s and early 90s.  Can anyone in any sport debate a better history thatn the Yankees?  thats a rhetorical question...

the topic of this thread should be YEEEEEEEEESSS!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Most of these new Rays fans were all Yankee fans up until about 2 years ago, dont lie, you know you have Yankees gear in the back of the closet for when the Rays become irrelevant again. 

true story

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

as a Mets fan i should hate the Yanks more than anyone here, I grew up in a city where its a constant argument and debate on who is better.  I won that debate growing up in the 80s and early 90s so you know. 

Mets fans are very entertaining (for the record, I do not like baseball). It's gotta be like being a Clippers or Eagles fan.

You dont have to tell me you dont like baseball with your comments.  Clippers and Eagles?  Clippers are always terrible, are the Mets? and the Eagles never won a championship, Mets have 2. I dont get your comparison and I would love for you to try and explain it, now tht would be entertaining.  No, in history its not much of a debate that why i explained how I won growing up in the 80s and early 90s.  Can anyone in any sport debate a better history thatn the Yankees?  thats a rhetorical question...

It's quite simple really. I wasn't saying the Mets are historically as bad as the Clippers or Eagles. I was saying both of those organizations are in the shadow of much larger juggernauts in their area that have dominated their sports (the Lakers and Steelers respectively).

I grew up in NY so I obviously knew a lot of Yankees/Mets fans and watching the Mets fans of the family/friends argue always seemed amusing to me. I don't hold an allegiance to either team but it's pretty impossible to argue being better.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It's quite simple really. I wasn't saying the Mets are historically as bad as the Clippers or Eagles. I was saying both of those organizations are in the shadow of much larger juggernauts in their area that have dominated their sports (the Lakers and Steelers respectively).

I grew up in NY so I obviously knew a lot of Yankees/Mets fans and watching the Mets fans of the family/friends argue always seemed amusing to me. I don't hold an allegiance to either team but it's pretty impossible to argue being better.

Ah, I got you.  Mets def play 2nd fiddle to the Yanks and so do the Jets to the Giants and Islanders to Rangers.  But i dont think it works with the Eagles, maybe thats why i didnt get it.  Philly and Pitt are on opposite sides of the state and very different fans, newspapers, everything . 

PS it wasnt hard to argue who was better in the 80s, the Yanks were garbage, historically of course the Yanks got it though.

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Oh my god!!!! A fellow Mets fan!!!!! I'm so excited! Our numbers are diminishing! Yeah, I mean I hate the Yanks too. Both sides of my family are from New York and so I grew up a Mets fan. But Skip, make this friendship with Mr. Steinbrenner work! He has done good things for USF, and it is definitely a PRO for USF :-)

Archived